Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2104497

I made a main board thread combining the two trades as I think one slants towards the Jets (Pavelec) and the other towards the Leafs. Here's the post trade lineup:

Laine - Scheifele - Wheeler
Connor - Little - Ehlers
Michalek - Perreault - Stafford
Matthias - Burmistrov - Dano
Lowry

Enstrom - Myers
Trouba - Buff
Stuart - Postma
Chiarot - Corrado

Hellebuyck
Hutchinson

Sent down without waivers- Copp, Tanev, Morrissey, Petan, Lemieux

Waivers/trade - Peluso, Thorburn,

Waivers with intention of assigning to Moose - Howden, Strait, Kichton, Lipon

Looks like a much better lineup to me than status quo.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2104497

I made a main board thread combining the two trades as I think one slants towards the Jets (Pavelec) and the other towards the Leafs. Here's the post trade lineup:

Laine - Scheifele - Wheeler
Connor - Little - Ehlers
Michalek - Perreault - Stafford
Matthias - Burmistrov - Dano
Lowry

Enstrom - Myers
Trouba - Buff
Stuart - Postma
Chiarot - Corrado

Hellebuyck
Hutchinson

Sent down without waivers- Copp, Tanev, Morrissey, Petan, Lemieux

Waivers/trade - Peluso, Thorburn,

Waivers with intention of assigning to Moose - Howden, Strait, Kichton, Lipon

Looks like a much better lineup to me than status quo.

Nice work zinger

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
He's also expansion draft exempt. No chicken for you.

Okay, but there are a million and one goalies who aren't expansion exempt and would gladly sign a two way contract.

Olkinuora, for one.

It's not a concern.

enviSAGE

waitin on the good times
Aug 10, 2011
Think there would be any interest in Flower here if he wanted to become available? Speculations on return if so (Seeing as you have about 19 NHL forwards)?

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Think there would be any interest in Flower here if he wanted to become available? Speculations on return if so (Seeing as you have about 19 NHL forwards)?

The Jets would be crazy to trade for a top four D with the expansion draft looming.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
No Flower, not Fowler. As in Marc-Andre Fleury.

tumblr_mcbpyr1zjj1riiw1do1_250.gif

wait. thought about it some more.

no-no-no-very-bad-man-Babu-Bhatt-seinfeld-gifs-finger-wag.gif

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
I'm on board with sending Pavs to the minors. Seems unlikely but holy **** that would send a message we are all in this season. If that happens I'm fine with Stu and Thor being PB guys with the odd game here and there when injuries raise their head.

Boy oh boy wouldn't that be something sending Pavs to the minors........................
Than Pascal Vincent needs to load up on Hurt Feeling Reports and double the order of Kleenex. :nod:

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Don't forget Comrie.
He might be eyeing up Hutchinsons spot.
Comrie played on a weak Moose team last year and wasn't horrible. The Moose should have a stronger team this season, helping his save %.

2017/2018 does he push Hutch out or be forced to play another year in the AHL?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Don't forget Comrie.
Comrie played on a weak Moose team last year and wasn't horrible. The Moose should have a stronger team this season, helping his save %.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I doubt Hutch gets claimed in the expansion draft unless he has a full season like he started 14-15. If he doesn't get claimed I'd imagine it would be Helly and Hutch in 17-18. I'd love to see Comrie put up nice numbers in the A and we have a real battle for the backup. Two assumptions: Pavs is gone for good from the organization after this season and Helly builds off last season.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Don't forget Comrie.

How did Hellebuyck do infront of the same team.

I'm more inclined to feel the numbers are off due to small sample size than team factor.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
How did Hellebuyck do infront of the same team.

I'm more inclined to feel the numbers are off due to small sample size than team factor.

Hellebuyck faced an average of 30.73 shots per game. played 30 with the Moose.
Comrie faced an ave. of 31.69 shots in 46 games with the Moose. Hellebuyck had a much better save % at .922 than Hutch at .907.

If I used Hellebuyck as a constant to compare Comrie to Hutchinson I think the 2 players had very similar seasons.

Hutch Averaged 29.33 shots in 30 games. .907 save %
Hellebuyck 28.42 ave. shots 26 games .918 save %

I think it's quite possible Comrie has the potential to be much better than Hutchinson, when you consider that last season they had similar results, yes I know results skewed based on different leagues, but when you use Helle as a constant, not that different? and the fact that Comrie is only 21 and Hutchinson is 26. Comrie has a chance to improve his skills in the next 5 years. I don't see why Comrie couldn't replace Hutchinson in the 2017/2018 season.

Does this make sense or am I completely out to lunch?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I really feel we should trade for Evgeni Malkin. Always made the playoffs in his career and it'd be good to shed some assets because we have all the assets to get him. Would also make us a lot stronger down the middle.

Also if he hits free agency he isn't at all a loss to our team.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I really feel we should trade for Evgeni Malkin. Always made the playoffs in his career and it'd be good to shed some assets because we have all the assets to get him. Would also make us a lot stronger down the middle.

Huh???

Malkin is signed for 6 more seasons at $9.5M per season. He's not a free agent any time soon.

He would seriously pinch our salary cap going forward.

He's 29, so he will likely be on the downside of his career now or very soon.

TorJet

Jun 27, 2016

So you'd like to give up assets to get him (and I'm sure many teams in the league would have interest, so we'd have to offer significant assets), but if we then subsequently lost him to free agency it wouldn't be "at all a loss to our team"?

Slightly convoluted logic... Especially since he won't be hitting free agency anytime soon.

Great player but:

a) Has full NMC so would have to approve of the trade and there likely would be sexier options available; and,
b) Would be a signing very much out of character for the Jets as currently constructed (and a very pricey one at that....).

Not going to happen.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS

maybe he's made playoffs every year because of the team he is on?

and then you want to get him for some assets (which would have to be really good assets), but you'd be ok with losing him to FA, so we'd have lost assets and lost him?

Nevermind his salary.

You may wish to rethink this.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.

Ignoring the fact that Malkin has a full trade clause and most certainly wouldn't waive it to come here and ignoring the fact that he isn't a free agent soon and ignoring the fact that it would gut our team to trade for him...

How on earth would it not be a loss if he left for free agency? We would still have to spend all those assets to get him. We'really talking about, probably, Scheifele or Little, Trouba, Ehlers or Connor and a first. A first that 's going to be high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad