Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Would've preferred Draisaitl over Hall as I still think we're weak at C long-term. Little is 2 seasons away from UFA, Perreault has been playing on the wing mostly... UFA next summer. No future #1/2 Cs coming up in the system.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Would've preferred Draisaitl over Hall as I still think we're weak at C long-term. Little is 2 seasons away from UFA, Perreault has been playing on the wing mostly... UFA next summer. No future #1/2 Cs coming up in the system.

Both Petan and Roslovic have the potential to fill that role.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Roslovic has been playing RW for a couple of years now.

I like Petan's game, but the Jets may view him as a wing at the NHL level. I didn't pay much attention to the Moose last year... was he playing C down there?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Roslovic has been playing RW for a couple of years now. I'm not that high on him as a prospect either.

I like Petan's game, but the Jets may view him as a wing at the NHL level. I didn't pay much attention to the Moose last year... was he playing C down there?

He primarily played C on the Moose!

jetsfaneh

Feb 15, 2015

Copp could develop into that guy. He looked good and had production when paired with better players. Lowry would be great as the 4C. We tried Lowry at 3C but maybe Copp would be better suited to play there with some good wingers.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
It's somewhat fun to speculate on getting a huge hall for Trouba, but if we trade him, I sure don't like the idea of constantly looking for D that never seem to be available.

We'd need to be able to find another D or 2 really somehow.

Thats my take on it too. If Trouba is being traded, need D back.

Here's my poorly thought out take on a possible trade if it involved Edmonton-Colorado& us.

Trouba to Edmonton -- satisfies what they need; a good D
Nuge & a Wpg prospect to Colorado -- (not a highly rated prospect just somebody to sweeten the pot). Really have no idea what they would want; assuming Nuge for Barrie isn't enough.
Barrie & Edmonton D prospect to Wpg -- satisfies what we need & other than Trouba, we haven't given up the farm to get the two D

All this will only happen if its looking like Trouba & his agent are playing hardball that Wpg can't get around. Thats what it is looking like to me at this stage -- where's there is smoke there's usually something behind it.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
So then it's open season on all future Jet RFA's first Ehlers then Connor Laine.....

It's not so cut and dry IMO

Disagree. If we make a decision to let Trouba go & accept the picks EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE & presumably will continue to have plenty of room to prevent the loss, it signals only that we have decided the picks are worth more than struggling with Trouba & his agent. I can't see why that would signal open season on Jets RFAs and more than those for any other club (especially some that are a lot more cap crunched)

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
The Oilers tried to give up 4 firsts for Vanek in 2007.

Wow. There would have been some high firsts in there .... and for a guy like Vanek! Just can't see where that makes much sense unless that person fits your system to a tee & is going to make you into an instant cup contender. For Edmonton to do that in 2007 or Boston to do that now....Zero sense.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Wow. There would have been some high firsts in there .... and for a guy like Vanek! Just can't see where that makes much sense unless that person fits your system to a tee & is going to make you into an instant cup contender. For Edmonton to do that in 2007 or Boston to do that now....Zero sense.

The moral of that story is unless it's a Crosby/McDavid level player you take the 4 firsts because no one player is likely to ever be better than 4 1st rounders.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Disagree. If we make a decision to let Trouba go & accept the picks EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE & presumably will continue to have plenty of room to prevent the loss, it signals only that we have decided the picks are worth more than struggling with Trouba & his agent. I can't see why that would signal open season on Jets RFAs and more than those for any other club (especially some that are a lot more cap crunched)

If we let ourselves be bullied into letting Trouba go to Boston, it's pretty naive to think that in a copycat league others would not try to do the same with future talent.

It's one of the reasons Nashville matched the Weber offer sheet.

I don't disagree that the best play might be to let Trouba go to Bostoan and take the picks but the vultures swould be circling in the future.

There are ways to defend that but as a GM you give up a lot of your leverage if you are forced to sign RFA's earl, probably closer to their terms than yours so that they are not exposed on July 1.

It is a decision that they would take their time with because of the ramifications. It's not so black and white IMO.

Nashville probably should have let Weber go in the long run but I accept why they made the choice they did. At least we won't have cap recapture issues with Trouba if we match an offersheet

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Liking the comparable's to Trouba signing at reasonable prices. I would pay unreasonable for him, but still, we should be able to neg down.

Matty P was the best value signing by the team since Wellwood in year 1.

Seriously that must be up there for best contract ever.

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg
If we let ourselves be bullied into letting Trouba go to Boston, it's pretty naive to think that in a copycat league others would not try to do the same with future talent.

It's one of the reasons Nashville matched the Weber offer sheet.

I don't disagree that the best play might be to let Trouba go to Bostoan and take the picks but the vultures swould be circling in the future.

There are ways to defend that but as a GM you give up a lot of your leverage if you are forced to sign RFA's earl, probably closer to their terms than yours so that they are not exposed on July 1.

It is a decision that they would take their time with because of the ramifications. It's not so black and white IMO.

Nashville probably should have let Weber go in the long run but I accept why they made the choice they did. At least we won't have cap recapture issues with Trouba if we match an offersheet

This one is on Chevy. I have always supported him but he always takes to long to sign his RFAs now it might come back to bite him. I hope he proves me wrong. I was hoping he would sign Trouba after Reilly was signed offer the equivalent or a little more to pacify the agent. We could end up having our 2 best young players offer sheeted and have to pay way more then we should have to or lose them for picks. Should be interesting tomorrow.:help::popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad