Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
It's one thing for a hack media guy to make a story and have everyone talk about it.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs that every single person with a twitter account says anything and people take it at face value.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well the top 6 would be scary with him:

Landescog Scheifele Wheeler
Laine Little Ehlers

Conner Perrault Dano

Lowry Burmie/Copp Armia

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
It's somewhat fun to speculate on getting a huge hall for Trouba, but if we trade him, I sure don't like the idea of constantly looking for D that never seem to be available.

We'd need to be able to find another D or 2 really somehow.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's somewhat fun to speculate on getting a huge hall for Trouba, but if we trade him, I sure don't like the idea of constantly looking for D that never seem to be available.

We'd need to be able to find another D or 2 really somehow.

Yup I don't see it happening myself but I guess depending on how ready they feel Morrissey is and if they can grab someone like WeirCotch in FA they might be able to assemble a solid defense next season.

Enstrom Buff
Morrissey Myers
Weircotch Postma

Not a sexy group but could be pretty effective.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah it's getting silly right now. Why the heck would Colorado need RNH anyway. They already have two better centres in Duchene and McKinnon. I also don't see why we would be interested in either Nuge or Landescog

I can see interest but not in return for Trouba.

I could see Col being interested in RNH if they are going to move Duchene, as has been repeatedly rumoured. But I'm not interested in Duchene for Trouba either, much as I would like Duchene. It would be top 6 overkill and leave our D weakened.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It's one thing for a hack media guy to make a story and have everyone talk about it.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs that every single person with a twitter account says anything and people take it at face value.

:laugh::laugh: If you have a Twitter account you must be a real journalist, no? :sarcasm:

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
If Trouba is traded it more than likely means he never planned to sign here in the first place.

I have always said, by signing Buff you are more than likely to lose Trouba. There is just no room for him to be the #1 guy or even grow into that spot with so many guys ahead of him. Instead he gets stuck playing with Stuart.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I have always said, by signing Buff you are more than likely to lose Trouba. There is just no room for him to be the #1 guy or even grow into that spot with so many guys ahead of him. Instead he gets stuck playing with Stuart.

Buff will be gone in a few years and Trouba is still young. Lot's of time to be the guy when he gets older.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
If Jets trade Trouba, they may have to throw his playing partner into the deal too.

"Sorry Stu, but we just couldn't separate the two of you."

:sarcasm:

jetsjaysraps

Jun 29, 2016
Chevy better be calling Chiarelli and offering him Enstrom and Morrisey for McDavid.

How long do they effects of crack or other hallucinogenic drugs last?

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
I wonder if Edmonton offered Taylor Hall to the Jets for Trouba? If so, would you have accepted?

jetsfaneh

Feb 15, 2015
I wonder if Edmonton offered Taylor Hall to the Jets for Trouba? If so, would you have accepted?

Young defensemen of Trouba's caliber seem to be hard to find and go for a premium. I don't like the look of our D without Trouba, or someone comparable, in it. So no. I don't do it. Partly because we have some nice wingers who could be in our top 6 for a long time.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

I would not have accepted. We need a potential #1D more than we need a high level winger - we seem to be swimming in those at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad