Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Any interest in Brian Campbell?
I think the Jets should go after him in FA on a 2 or 3 year deal. He's better than Stuart, Chia, Postma and can be brought in to shelter Morrissey until he is ready.

Enstrom - Buff
Campbell - Trouba/Myers
Morrissey - Myers/Trouba

He's on my "players who won't sign here" list...

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Along with Hamhuis. :(
Who they no like us?

I just think guys at that age have the money and they want to go somewhere they want to be to close out their careers.

Schlemko is probably an attainable UFA, but I think he'd end up watching from the pressbox as Stu fishes the puck out of his own net 3 or 4 times a night...

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Dunno. Today's D-man insanity is making me think it could be real.

If BB were considering offersheeting a D wouldn't be more likely to go after Lindholm? Anaheim has less cap, more players to sign and a more restrictive internal budget.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
If BB were considering offersheeting a D wouldn't be more likely to go after Lindholm? Anaheim has less cap, more players to sign and a more restrictive internal budget.

I think they would go after the player who is more willing to sign the offer sheets...without that first step the rest is useless .... I'm not sure trouba is more or less likely to sign an offer sheet then Lindholm??

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think they would go after the player who is more willing to sign the offer sheets...without that first step the rest is useless .... I'm not sure trouba is more or less likely to sign an offer sheet then Lindholm??

Yes, true of course but we have no idea who that would be. Potentially it is any player.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone

Maybe they bought into the rumors that the Jets can't afford Trouba. Or at least that there's serious conflict between the Jets and Trouba's contract demands.

Also, there's very little rhyme nor reason as to which players Boston values.

I don't view Boston as a well run club. ;)

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.

I think most offer sheets get signed...especially if the negotiating process is taking a long time. I would have to think that any deal that a player found favourable they would probably sign.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
So if Boston and Winnipeg were to circumvent an offer sheet by swinging a deal today, what would that look like?

I imagine Zboril coming back, but what else? a 1st rounder (or two) and roster player?

(though if not tempted by Taylor Hall, not sure how the Jets could be tempted by anything Boston has to offer)

Last edited:

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Why would the jets do Boston any favours (which the above certainly would be)

If they were serious about the offer sheet business(which we would have to assume they were to be talking. About circumventing it) why do the jets demand anything less then four first round picks if it also means the bruins being able to sign trouba to a lower cap hit?

If anything I'd want MORE the. The four firsts since I'm doing the bruins a favour by eliminating the necessity of overpaying and shaving 1 mil per season off of troubas contract.

So yah... start with two firsts, your best prospect, AND a good young player.

Don't like it? Pay the kid 7 mil a season and hand over the picks buddy.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm with you Grind. You're trying to force our hand? Ok then: pay up.

Yup we are in the driver's seat here. If Boston is desperate enough to make an offer sheet than the minimum return we can get is 4 firsts. So that is the minimum price Chevy should entertain if the Bruins are looking to trade for him. I would also demand more than the 4 firsts and if Boston doesn't like it tell them to submit the offer sheet.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Why would the jets do Boston any favours (which the above certainly would be)

If they were serious about the offer sheet business(which we would have to assume they were to be talking. About circumventing it) why do the jets demand anything less then four first round picks if it also means the bruins being able to sign trouba to a lower cap hit?

If anything I'd want MORE the. The four firsts since I'm doing the bruins a favour by eliminating the necessity of overpaying and shaving 1 mil per season off of troubas contract.

So yah... start with two firsts, your best prospect, AND a good young player.

Don't like it? Pay the kid 7 mil a season and hand over the picks buddy.

4 firsts + something or equivelent

The something is payment for them not having to pay Trouba 7 x $7M

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I agree, and I was under the impression that when making statements like this (I've seen others on other threads), you need to point to something substantial to bolster these sorts of statements. Not a "I know a guy who knew a guy", or "it's obvious by just the look on his face or the way he talks".

Like I said, I've seen similar statements without any clear indication of what evidence of bad behavior/attitude actually exists.

Agreed. Although I don't remember his name, there was a reporter/columnist I believe from Montreal on the warm up show yesterday that said some things I haven't heard anyone say out-loud. That Subban had been having numerous instances of missing curfew, being late for meetings, etc.

Was an interesting interview.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Marchand/Pasternak and Krug for Trouba and Burmi?

If be good with Krug and 3 firsts ('17,'18,'19)

No thanks. Rather have the 4 1sts and the Jets can use them as their own currency to get better players.

Krug is one dimensional and not a guy I'd want to depend on for the second pair. Do not want at all.

Marchand has 1 year to UFA (which Lawless couldn't be bothered to check).

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
4 firsts is superstar payment. There's no way any team, even the Bruins, are dumb enough to do that.

As far as I can tell, 4 first round picks has never been part of a single transaction in NHL history.

The closest is 3, and that was part of the Gretzky trade.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Agreed. Although I don't remember his name, there was a reporter/columnist I believe from Montreal on the warm up show yesterday that said some things I haven't heard anyone say out-loud. That Subban had been having numerous instances of missing curfew, being late for meetings, etc.

Yea it was very interesting interview He said Subban was a problem and the organization was covering it up. He said he was loved by the fans but things were very different in the locker room and off the record the players told him it was a huge issue. Sounds like things were never right after a patches was made the captain.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
4 firsts is superstar payment. There's no way any team, even the Bruins, are dumb enough to do that.

As far as I can tell, 4 first round picks has never been part of a single transaction in NHL history.

The closest is 3, and that was part of the Gretzky trade.

The Vanek and Weber offersheets if they were not matched would have done it. So it almost happenend twice.

northendninja

Feb 25, 2016
No thanks. Rather have the 4 1sts and the Jets can use them as their own currency to get better players.

Krug is one dimensional and not a guy I'd want to depend on for the second pair. Do not want at all.

Marchand has 1 year to UFA (which Lawless couldn't be bothered to check).

My reasoning is that Krug is a large step up from any of our other internal left D options, and that 2020 first is realistically not worth much (it's true value) as a trade piece for a few years.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Subban being all about himself and not caring about team or rules? Consider me shocked JUST SHOCKED.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I agree, and I was under the impression that when making statements like this (I've seen others on other threads), you need to point to something substantial to bolster these sorts of statements. Not a "I know a guy who knew a guy", or "it's obvious by just the look on his face or the way he talks".

Like I said, I've seen similar statements without any clear indication of what evidence of bad behavior/attitude actually exists.

On a moderating note about this.

If you have been vetted by the admin staff here you can make "insider" statements on the info you know about (for example garretts stuff or when i talk about a very select number of players i know about in guys like hall phaneuf toews).

Generalized statements like i think so and so was not well liked or has character issues because of these reasons ive seen in media or on ice or heard about from media thats fine as well (like when i talk about thinking subban or kadri have character issues/not leaders). Thats just my opinion of their character and im entitled to that.

If you start saying player a has a drug problem, or player b slept with players c's wife or something then that falls under libel if you cannot support that with sources. If you start claiming player d told you player e is a cancer, or i know such and such about player f due to my contacts thats outlandish claims of insider info unless you are vetted by admin staff.

Hope that clears this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad