Post-Game Talk: Jets finish Preds. 5-1. ADVANCE TO THE WCF for the first time in HISTORY!

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Let's not forget-- Rinne gave us this game by letting in 2 soft goals in the Preds net. The Vegas team has Fleury who's been on fire--so this will be 2 fast teams that are both deep in talent, with 2 good Goaltenders. It will be a great series !!!
Lets not forget-- the only goal the Perds scored was on a powerplay from an absolute joke of a call.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
Satisfying win.
Jets 5, Refs 1, Mustard kittens 0.

The Jets played their game and beat 2 teams today, as good teams can. Glad to see Stastny providing so much value for our 1st and Foley.

Subban can cry me a river, so glad that we can put his bad acting behind us.

I'm looking forward to Vegas - should be some fast hockey. I don't think they can smother our young guns as much as Nashville did.

Go. Jets. Go.

Reactions: ocdaddy and GJETson

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I thought I'd get your attention on this one :naughty:
oh you did, I am happy you are enjoying your first alcoholic beverage tonight!!!

hahaha...all good, they could possibly turn into that, Trouba is a beast just needs to score more goals, especially pimp ass clutch goals like Seabs has done...and Morrissey looks good, but 30 plus minutes a night looking like Ric Flair on the ice he isn't yet...Keith has been so beyond underrated for years on HF. very big skates to fill that few have been able to do since..

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
What is the actually minutes Josi and the Preds top 4 were up against Jets top 6 in this series?

Its interesting. Their top 4 are the key to their offense but most of the time they are trying to bottle up our top guns.
It takes a toll, so their 5 on 5 offense suffered.
Only in the pp was subban really able to get goals when everybody were stationary.

The depth and skill level of the Jets really drained the other teams go to guys.

Litte and perrault in that bottom 6 is huge.
And Stastny in the top 6.

Helly against Rinne in vezina race, Rinne have slight edge on key stats. He is the sentimental favorite.
Helly took a bottom team to 2nd in the league. That should count for something but it won't.
Same for Wheeler and Maurice in the haet and COY awards.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

Paul Stastny speaks "yeah it was a great game, I was a bit surprised that Matt Hendricks had more minutes than me...and then our trainer got more minutes than me...also crazy how Thomas Steen got more minutes than me...and now that you mention it, the guy who parks our cars got more minutes than me...and Carrie Underwood somehow skated more than I did tonight for the Jets..just a crazy game I guess"......

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Paul Stastny speaks "yeah it was a great game, I was a bit surprised that Matt Hendricks had more minutes than me...and then our trainer got more minutes than me...also crazy how Thomas Steen got more minutes than me...and now that you mention it, the guy who parks our cars got more minutes than me...and Carrie Underwood somehow skated more than I did tonight for the Jets..just a crazy game I guess"......
I'm glad stas is well rested for Las Vegas.

Reactions: Cellee

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
You know what's bothering me? Many of the narratives I'm reading is that Rinne "gifted" this win to the Jets, that he was solely his poor play that led to this loss.

Jets scored 2 more goals on his replacement, plus an empty net. Preds scored ONCE.
They lost 4 games, 3 at home getting outscored 15-4?

Who cares? Seeeeee ya

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
You know what's bothering me? Many of the narratives I'm reading is that Rinne "gifted" this win to the Jets, that he was solely his poor play that led to this loss.

Jets scored 2 more goals on his replacement, plus an empty net. Preds scored ONCE.
Yeah man. Agree 100%. Jets killed it. Period.

Reactions: kanadalainen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad