Value of: Jets' deadline store - Stastny, Copp, Dillon, Beaulieu

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Trading Scheif would never happen.
Chevy doesn’t have the balls… but if he did, I’d hope he talks to VAN

Trading Scheifele is definitely the way to go.
Culture and leadership change that the team needs.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I love Scheifle and would pay a bunch for him, but somethings off with him. I don’t know if it’s and injury, or just a down year. But he’s a guy I’d acquire in the offseason imo.
He would look great centering LaF or Panarin.
He’d be an ideal 1-2 punch up the middle with zibby

Last edited:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I love Scheifle and would pay a bunch for him, but somethings off with him. I don’t know if it’s and injury, or just a down year. But he’s a guy I’d acquire in the offseason imo.
He would look great centering LaF or Panarin.
He’d be an ideal 1-2 punch up the middle with zibby
Dont see the Rangers having the right pieces for Scheifele. Jets would have to get a young 2C in any deal, I think.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Brock Nelson straight up? Brock is locked into a good contract and wins more FW than Scheife and is a goal scorer, not play maker.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Attn rangers, this is exactly what you need. Also best buds with trouba. Make an offer we can’t refuse!
well i hear the Ranger are willing to part with Strome and would add a piece if needed.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
The Jets are now 14 points back from the 3rd seed, 12 points back from WC#1, and 5 points back from WC #2, with a gaggle of competition, all while in a tailspin (5-game losing streak). It's safe to start making preparations to sell. This year might be pretty rough at the deadline because most of the playoff teams already look set - there will be more sellers than last year.

On the table with some value are:

Paul Stastny - 36 years old, UFA, $3.75 million. He's still got great puck sense, 17 pts in 27 games.
Andrew Copp - 27 years old, UFA, $3.64 million. Total of 27 pts in 38 games. Can play anywhere in the lineup, PP, PK, lots of talent. He's getting paid this off-season.
Nathan Beaulieu - 29 years old, UFA, $1.25 million. Depth for your playoff run.
Brenden Dillon - 31 years old, $3.9 million x2 after this season. Big, heavy defensive game. Hasn't worked out for us somehow.

What does your team offer?

Also, if anyone wants Wheeler with $8.25M x2 left after this year, he's all yours.

Reactions: Cypruss

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
The Jets are now 14 points back from the 3rd seed, 12 points back from WC#1, and 5 points back from WC #2, with a gaggle of competition, all while in a tailspin (5-game losing streak). It's safe to start making preparations to sell. This year might be pretty rough at the deadline because most of the playoff teams already look set - there will be more sellers than last year.

On the table with some value are:

Paul Stastny - 36 years old, UFA, $3.75 million. He's still got great puck sense, 17 pts in 27 games.
Andrew Copp - 27 years old, UFA, $3.64 million. Total of 27 pts in 38 games. Can play anywhere in the lineup, PP, PK, lots of talent. He's getting paid this off-season.
Nathan Beaulieu - 29 years old, UFA, $1.25 million. Depth for your playoff run.
Brenden Dillon - 31 years old, $3.9 million x2 after this season. Big, heavy defensive game. Hasn't worked out for us somehow.

What does your team offer?

Also, if anyone wants Wheeler with $8.25M x2 left after this year, he's all yours.
The Jets should also receive offers on Scheifele and Morrissey.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Have to imagine Copp would generate a lot of interest to contenders. That's a very affordable cap hit for a plug and play middle 6 forward that can pretty much do it all.

Especially if Winnipeg retained 50%, sub 2M for him would be very enticing I think.

But at the same time.... If feels like the list of quality forwards likely/potentially available at the deadline just continues to grow larger and larger.

DieselBoy

Mar 18, 2007
Have to imagine Copp would generate a lot of interest to contenders. That's a very affordable cap hit for a plug and play middle 6 forward that can pretty much do it all.

Especially if Winnipeg retained 50%, sub 2M for him would be very enticing I think.

But at the same time.... If feels like the list of quality forwards likely/potentially available at the deadline just continues to grow larger and larger.

I mean teams don’t really trade within the division but I do think a Stastny + Copp package would be pretty good for the Avs 3rd line

Reactions: Richard88 and hn777

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014

Playoff seeding in the Eastern Conference is almost decided with the 8 teams who are leading. Maybe the isles make it close but regardless that's only 9 teams and the rest are going to sell. The trade market could be a buyers market and all these silly proposals where players are worth 3 and 4 1st round picks will vanish.

You are right though the list is getting longer and longer.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Jets need a culture and leadership change. That means trading Scheifele and, if possible, Wheeler.
Go after a top 6 RW and try to upgrade the top pairing RHD.
I’d keep Stastny as he’s a good vet leader and is loved by the Org, the team, and the fans. Sign him to 1yr x 2.5m
If Wheeler can’t be traded, he should be bought out to make room on the roster and for cap space.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I mean teams don’t really trade within the division but I do think a Stastny + Copp package would be pretty good for the Avs 3rd line

I dunno that the Avs would really need both. Though it certainly wouldn't hurt.

My personal preference is still on the Avs getting Giroux but Stastny and/or Copp would fit what we need as well.

Playoff seeding in the Eastern Conference is almost decided with the 8 teams who are leading. Maybe the isles make it close but regardless that's only 9 teams and the rest are going to sell. The trade market could be a buyers market and all these silly proposals where players are worth 3 and 4 1st round picks will vanish.

You are right though the list is getting longer and longer.

Yeah, and especially when you consider the fact 4 of the biggest contenders in the league already traded 1st round picks this year(Florida, Colorado, Carolina, and Vegas).

I have a feeling at least a few of these guys are going to be moved at the deadline for surprisingly low returns. Kind of like how everyone assumed all last year that Hall would get a 1st + Good prospect at the deadline and he ultimately only got a 2nd and not much else.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I dunno that the Avs would really need both. Though it certainly wouldn't hurt.

My personal preference is still on the Avs getting Giroux but Stastny and/or Copp would fit what we need as well.

Yeah, and especially when you consider the fact 4 of the biggest contenders in the league already traded 1st round picks this year(Florida, Colorado, Carolina, and Vegas).

I have a feeling at least a few of these guys are going to be moved at the deadline for surprisingly low returns. Kind of like how everyone assumed all last year that Hall would get a 1st + Good prospect at the deadline and he ultimately only got a 2nd and not much else.
He also got a 2nd with a limited move clause if all the teams could compete for him he’d have probably got a 1st.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I’d trade Nate Schmidt way before Brenden Dillon.

RHD is not a position of strength for us. That leaves us Pionk and DeMelo down the right, with either Beaulieu or Chisholm in the future for the 3rd spot. We can offload LHD to make room for Heinola and/or Samberg, so Dillon and his cap hit are expendable.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad