Value of: Jets' deadline store - Stastny, Copp, Dillon, Beaulieu

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
scheifele puts up a ppg at the most sought after position in hockey and is on a sweet sweet contract in a flat cap world, it would need to be for a star player or a package with some good prospects

I guess I'm not as bullish with him as you are. I see some red flags.

Also, I think it may be debatabe if the Jets are actually getting their money's worth with Schiefele. Murat Ates recently released this article at the Athletic. It looks at what players should be paid based on their play. ( Dom Luszczyszyn's Game Score model )

This article is under a paywall but I seem to recall Hustler on Wpg sports talk mentioning Schiefele was considered making about 2 million too much based on his (current) play this season

Winnipeg Jets contracts: How efficiently do the Jets spend their money?

Last edited:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Scheifele is still good. If he's playing worse in two seasons from now, then I'd say the Jets might need to give him less money.

Thing is the Jets are having such a down year.

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Like it or not, he’s the most gifted offensive player on the Jets and he’s got the vision and puck handling skills, plus the passing and shot of a 1C. PLD can’t do what Scheifele can do.

He’s not the player he was two years ago, I’ll give you that much. But I’d try something more radical before I gave up on this player.

Last edited:
Reactions: gojetsgo

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
2.5 years left on that deal? Yes, there would be a ton of interest and the return would be huge. Personally I do believe it's time for Scheifele and the Jets to go their separate ways.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
One of the few players I would pony up and give Schneider up for in a deal as a centerpiece.

Put this guy with Panarin and omg.
Schneider would actually be a nice start as he's actually someone the Jets could use if they ever moved Scheifele.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
We could retain on Miller to make it even.
it's Boeser's q/o that's the problem, we can't afford 7.5 million next year when we have to sign pld so either he signs here long term and takes less then his q/o or we would have to flip him in the off season

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
it's Boeser's q/o that's the problem, we can't afford 7.5 million next year when we have to sign pld so either he signs here long term and takes less then his q/o or we would have to flip him in the off season
What if Garland were swapped with Boeser?

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
What if Garland were swapped with Boeser?
we'd still be over the cap and would have no money to extend miller in the off season, if we were to trade scheifele we would most likely be going into a rebuild and want young players/picks

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
One of the few players I would pony up and give Schneider up for in a deal as a centerpiece.

Schneider cant be the centrepiece. And the Rangers dont really have a 2C to offer, do they? I guess Chytil would be included. And then you would still need something pretty good to add.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020

I'm absolutely not here to comment on the value whatsoever, more just to warn you that you are dangerously close to invoking the wrath of Bernmeister because everyone knows the Rangers can't buy a can of beans next year due to Zibanejad and Fox's new deals...

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I haven't seen a lot of Jets games this year, but seems a bit of a panic move. Coming off the playoff suspension, who knows what may be going on in his life off ice, coaching change, it's been a tumultuous couple of years for a lot of people. He's been a #1c for a long time. 29 in March. Two more years at a favourable cap it. If they put him up for trade there would be a long line of teams interested and the price would be high.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
I haven't seen a lot of Jets games this year, but seems a bit of a panic move. Coming off the playoff suspension, who knows what may be going on in his life off ice, coaching change, it's been a tumultuous couple of years for a lot of people. He's been a #1c for a long time. 29 in March. Two more years at a favourable cap it. If they put him up for trade there would be a long line of teams interested and the price would be high.
He looks way off his game this year. This Jets fan has been patient however Mark has to put up points to be effective as his defense is poor and I don’t think he deserves first line Ice time
this year. I’m starting to like the idea of trading him now

Reactions: Channelcat

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Necas, Trocheck, Scott Morrow, 1st for Scheifele and E. Svechnikov

Necas would be the type of player the Jets would likely consider as part of the return. Guessing Trochek is for cap reasons. That usually comes with a cost. Dont know anything about Morrow but Carolina is good at evaluating D and he comes from a good program. The 1st is in 2023. That is a long way away from making the roster, if ever. Probably need another asset going to the Jets (or leave out Svechnikov).

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
He looks way off his game this year. This Jets fan has been patient however Mark has to put up points to be effective as his defense is poor and I don’t think he deserves first line Ice time
this year. I’m starting to like the idea of trading him now

I am in the camp that something big needs to happen to shake up the room. The coaching change wasn’t enough because it wasn’t an outsider coming in with new systems, tactics and discipline, so it appears some of the old habits have continued. I would start by sitting the lackadaisical players a game or two first. Sitting FeFe a game or two might be the kick in the ass he needs. Barring that, maybe a trade if he has lost his passion for the game/team/room/city.
I don’t want to trade him and think he could get back into his old form, but if he has lost his love for Winnipeg and is simply sulking, maybe it’s time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad