Confirmed with Link: Jets/Buffalo Blockbuster! part II (Kane and Bogo)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
We have no idea if someone would have offered more, and it's not a stretch to think someone would have. He's a pretty good player that wanted out of Buffalo it was pretty obvious. He was on pace for 28 goals after coming to Winnipeg, that wasn't just luck. I bet there were teams that were close in salary, maybe even more, but Stafford saw a lot of potential here and liked it here. You can see i nhis interviews last year he loved it here.

The market was strange last summer. I think he was an overpay in light of what some other guys received as UFAs - and the fact that decent players ended up on PTOs.

Chris Stewart with a similar pedigree to Stafford got 1 x $1.7M. Comeau got 3 x $2.4M. Justin Williams got 2 x $3.25.

The market being what it was, I'm pretty sure no one was offering him close to what the Jets were. Maybe 3 x $3M?

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Does the kane trade ever look good now.

Seems he is gone from buffalo but what value will they get? I suspect he end up back in vancouver

Rumour is bogo is on trade block. Bring him back?

Last edited:

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Does the kane trade ever look good now.

Seems he is gone from buffalo but what value will they get? I suspect he end up back in vancouver

Rumour is bogo is on trade block. Bring him back?

So he can what? Sit on the bench? He's not as good as trouba, buff, or myers.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
That trade was Chevy's finest hour.

Problem is that other GMs may be more hesitant to deal with Chevy now, if they believe he sold the Sabres damaged goods. Everyone knew Kane was an issue, but Bogo now on the trade block makes that trade look just brutal from the Sabres side.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Problem is that other GMs may be more hesitant to deal with Chevy now, if they believe he sold the Sabres damaged goods. Everyone knew Kane was an issue, but Bogo now on the trade block makes that trade look just brutal from the Sabres side.

Why would they think that? Tim Murray knew exactly what he was getting into when he accepted the trade. He is aggressive as **** in FA and trades, so not all of his deals will work out. He and his crew believed in second chances. There is nothing on Chevy's end that warrants a problem.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

What? GM's on both sides of trades have to do their due diligence - that's their job. The Sabres went into that deal with eyes open.

No one will be hesitant to deal with Chevy because of Kane and Bogo.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

Sold them damaged goods?? What?? Lol...Kane was sitting out and threatening publically to undergo season-ending surgery after having his team mates essentially kick his ass off the team. It was all basically out there...nothing was hidden. The day the trade happened I couldn't believe Chevy had managed to get anything for Kane. No GM is going to look at that trade and think Chevy did anything under-handed...

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
Plus, Sabres are trying to sell him now, it'd be hard at least for them to claim that the guy is and has for last two years been an untradeable headcase.

Lempo

Feb 23, 2014
Fellow Finns may chuckle upon realizing that E. Kane has effectively became a character from a classic Finnish card game and the GMs are furiously trying to get rid of him.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Fellow Finns may chuckle upon realizing that E. Kane has effectively became a character from a classic Finnish card game and the GMs are furiously trying to get rid of him.

Sound's like chase the ace?

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
...and as far as Bogo is concerned, nothing was hidden there either. His injury status was all pretty much public record. I mean it was a common point of contention on this forum long before he was traded that he was injured a lot.

Lempo

Feb 23, 2014
Sound's like chase the ace?

Yes, except played with a special Funny Families kind of pack with added odd-guy-out card that really does not meet the modern day criteria for political correctness, "Black Pete".

Whileee

May 29, 2010
What? GM's on both sides of trades have to do their due diligence - that's their job. The Sabres went into that deal with eyes open.

No one will be hesitant to deal with Chevy because of Kane and Bogo.

They might if they think Chevy will make them look silly.

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg
Dudes a narcissistic sociopath. Completely classless. He will never change, regardless where he plays. I personally relish in his adversities.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
They might if they think Chevy will make them look silly.

GM's are not normally basket cases who need their hands held. They are usually confident personalities. This line of thinking is pretty ridiculous IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad