Friedman: Jets and Rutger McGroarty are not talking - his name is coming up in trade talks

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
:devils
Rutger McGroarty

:jets
Seamus Casey
2026 NJD 3rd Round Pick

Devils seem to now be locked into their RD’s for at least the next four years from 1st-3rd pairing with Hamilton, Pesce, and Nemec. McGroarty is looking to play now. Fills a long term wing hole for the Devils.

For Winnipeg, they have several forward prospects looking to crack the line up. Casey can play a year or two in the A and replace Collin Miller or Pionk if they choose to move on from them. Pick to balance trade.

Thoughts?
Your offer is Casey, who you say will replace Collin Miller or Pionk? Is that supposed to get us fired up for him? And we're lucky enough to get a 3rd as well? And you don't even want Ehlers either!?! Amazing. How about Nemec and you can have our 3rd?

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I wonder if this goes on long enough both sides bury the hatchet and they get something done ?
I don't think chevy is happy about this at all based off of his comments but who knows we seem to have spots open in the line up next season but if mcgroarty doesn't change his mind soon we may have to fill them via trade

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Are there any legit rumours at all around this right now?

Not since the draft, Friedman stated Chevy was fine with 13th OA, Wild and Habs (potentially one other team) were all close to meeting the price until certain players fell in the draft. Nothing since then.

Ehlers now can be extended, so not impossible they get packaged to a team, which increases Ehlers value with a new contract.

Reactions: 613Leafer

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Yeah, hard to see a deal between the Habs and the Jets. They'd probably want Demidov or Reinbacher, both of which would be non starters from the Habs. I'd offer a top 5 protected 2025 1st and a prospect like Roy or Meser.
I doubt Chevy even bother to mention Demidov or Reinbacher in the discussions.

What Jets fans have been asking for any of those? Most have been asking for a NHL ready RD or C with T6/T4 potential.

The only guy that makes sense from Montreal is Beck. Management seems to really like him as well but with Suzuki, Dach & Newhook already in the league and Hage being drafted in R1 we do seem to have a big crowd at C

32 Thoughts, Friedman said Jets were close with Montreal and Minnesota but both went in other direction
What direction Montreal went? Hage?

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Yeah, hard to see a deal between the Habs and the Jets. They'd probably want Demidov or Reinbacher, both of which would be non starters from the Habs. I'd offer a top 5 protected 2025 1st and a prospect like Roy or Meser.

That's in the ballpark of where I'm at.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I think Mailloux and Beck isn't too bad an offer. At the very least, No one is complaining about Beck. Mailloux seems to be the piece that has people divided. Is there a draft pick add that can make this happen, or is Barron and Beck+ another avenue to look at?

I'd like to hear from the Jets fans - someone outlined C and RD as pieces that are needed. Not every team has these. What else could be done?

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
I think Mailloux and Beck isn't too bad an offer. At the very least, No one is complaining about Beck. Mailloux seems to be the piece that has people divided. Is there a draft pick add that can make this happen, or is Barron and Beck+ another avenue to look at?

I'd like to hear from the Jets fans - someone outlined C and RD as pieces that are needed. Not every team has these. What else could be done?

There is no deal that make sense anymore between MTL and WIN. KH already stated that he wont do a lateral move (Beck) in a trade and want to use an area of surplus (pick and LD). This wont work for WIN, so odds are that the ship as sail for now. Maybe this is something that get revisited in a few months, but WIN is not in a rush to trade him. Could be a valuable asset at the next TDL.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Largely thought to be as a asking price is/was:

- 13th OA from the Wild, sounds like Habs and one other team were close to also meeting that price according to Friedman. But as the draft goes at times certain players fell in the draft and no trade happened.

- Needs/asks are 2c or top 4 RHD type of prospect/young player, failing that Chevy was clearly open to a good pick to draft likely one of those needs himself.

- No big need for LHD, wingers or goalies. No need for bottom pairing D or bottom six type of players or prospects, no need for old or UFA players.

- Chevy has two years control and even if no trade happens in two years he still gets awarded a decent 2nd round pick. Sounds like Chevy and multi other GM's are in the ballpark of 13th to 18th OA 1st rd pick type of value based on Friedman's comments.

- Also some speculation (not rumors) from Insiders that Rutger could be packaged with an extended Ehlers to bring back a nice return. So in the end there is lots of options for teams to a common agreement with Chevy on a return, but the returns are for certain types of pieces/picks only, not just random throw away pieces typically we see in offers on the mainboards from teams.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hawks 2025 1st (Top 10 protection) + D Nolan Allan

Allan shoots left but plays RD

Had good 1st year as pro in AHL and his stock has risen since draft (Representing Canada at WJC alongside fellow Hawk defensive prospect Korchinski and Del Mastro)

Traditional SAH defender type

With drafting of Levshunov and Rinzel in recent 1st rounds at RD it would make moving Allan not as big a hit to Hawks prospect pool as it would have been

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad