Friedman: Jets and Rutger McGroarty are not talking - his name is coming up in trade talks

kenobiwan

Jun 1, 2022
Just thought of a 3 way trade that could benefit all parties involved. If values are off don’t tear me to shreds just using this as a base for a trade and would be open to any tweaks that would make it a more fair trade.

Carolina receives: McGroarty, WIN ‘24 1st
Winnipeg receives: Mailloux
Montreal receives: Necas
Pass the joint, you’ve had enough

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
I predict McGroarty gets traded to the Rangers for Kakko.

The Jets will want win now pieces instead of picks or prospects because they want to compete while Schiefele and Helleybuck are still in their primes.

The Jets will have Lambert and Heinola playing in the NHL next season. Heinola, drafted in the 2019 1st round like Kakko, won a spot with the Jets in training camp last year until he broke his ankle in the last pre-season game and needed surgery.

Kakko is from a smaller town in Finland. He will feel much more comfortable in Winnipeg with his former Finnish teammates. I’m pretty confident the Jets will be able to tap Kakko’s unmet potential.

If I were a Jets fan, I'd be pretty upset with that return.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019

The Jets will want win now pieces instead of picks or prospects because they want to compete while Schiefele and Helleybuck are still in their primes.

The Jets will have Lambert and Heinola playing in the NHL next season. Heinola, drafted in the 2019 1st round like Kakko, won a spot with the Jets in training camp last year until he broke his ankle in the last pre-season game and needed surgery.

Kakko is from a smaller town in Finland. He will feel much more comfortable in Winnipeg with his former Finnish teammates. I’m pretty confident the Jets will be able to tap Kakko’s unmet potential.
We'll give them Joel Armia the sweet fin!! Throwing in there Oliver Kapanen too if you want!

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Just thought of a 3 way trade that could benefit all parties involved. If values are off don’t tear me to shreds just using this as a base for a trade and would be open to any tweaks that would make it a more fair trade.

Carolina receives: McGroarty, WIN ‘24 1st
Winnipeg receives: Mailloux
Montreal receives: Necas
Maillioux is of zero interest and does not hold this value ..this is just bad

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
And soon to be Trouba
giphy654321.gif

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I'm not sure were you are headed with this comment. Hutson?

He's a "top prospect" but that's all he is until he goes into the corner with a Tkachuk.

I'm a big fan of show-me. That is why i value kids who already have a season or two of NHL versus paper tigers. Even less a fan of kids who demand rather then prove themselves.

You made it sound like HFBoards was in love with Harris when he signed, but other than some overexcited Habs fans, I don’t think that was a thing.

Reactions: TS Quint

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You made it sound like HFBoards was in love with Harris when he signed, but other than some overexcited Habs fans, I don’t think that was a thing.
The extra special brain trust thought the Habs will lose him...lots of braindead derision and glee.

He signed...he tried...he's going nowhere fast and needs time and development to bring it to another level. IF he is even capable of it.

No different then the reality Rutger will face.

i said it before and I'll say it again, I'm a big fan of "show me" irrelevant if they are Hab prospects or other teams prospects.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

Works for me as a Rangers fan

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Canadian teams gotta stop drafting these silver spoon ahh college kids.
Because he saw the way they used Perfetti and their development path and figured yeah screw that?

The nerve of this lad to protect his future vs an Organization that will only give a shit about him if he delivers a promise they've manifested via scouting and projections.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

Kakko as a “win now” piece lol

Winnipeg is in a tough spot. They want to win now, but teams aren’t trading established players with control for a prospect.

Reactions: Lorenzo1000

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Because he saw the way they used Perfetti and their development path and figured yeah screw that?

The nerve of this lad to protect his future vs an Organization that will only give a shit about him if he delivers a promise they've manifested via scouting and projections.

I agree up to a point, but all the reports say he feels like he doesn't need any AHL time at all.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

perfetti got put into the top 6 at age 19 until he got hurt, put in the top 6 at 20 until he got hurt, put in top 6 at 21 until he went into a massive slump, really think how we've handle perfetti has got way overblown by people that overhype the shit out of prospects...

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
perfetti got put into the top 6 at age 19 until he got hurt, put in the top 6 at 20 until he got hurt, put in top 6 at 21 until he went into a massive slump, really think how we've handle perfetti has got way overblown by people that overhype the shit out of prospects...
Perfetti has been shafted by the Jets.
Half the team slumped but only Perfetti got punished.
AJF in for Perfetti in playoffs???
I can see him being unhappy.
Let’s see what Arniel does first.
The only way to get experience is to play.
I hope we can at least see if Rutgers camp can be persuaded to see what plans we have for him based on the coaching staff changes.
As a Jets fan I was very happy with this pick.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Perfetti has been shafted by the Jets.
Half the team slumped but only Perfetti got punished.
AJF in for Perfetti in playoffs???
I can see him being unhappy.
Let’s see what Arniel does first.
The only way to get experience is to play.
I hope we can at least see if Rutgers camp can be persuaded to see what plans we have for him based on the coaching staff changes.
As a Jets fan I was very happy with this pick.
omfg axel got in for 1 playoff game, the f***ing travesty.... he was left in the top 6 on a line with ehlers when we got monahan over the other players as well.. at this point I wouldn't be surprised to see perfetti less upset at his usage then the jets fans on this fourm...

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
omfg axel got in for 1 playoff game, the f***ing travesty.... he was left in the top 6 on a line with ehlers when we got monahan over the other players as well.. at this point I wouldn't be surprised to see perfetti less upset at his usage then the jets fans on this fourm...
1 game too many

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
See what you're missing is that there's different rules by coaches that love veterans over youth, where if a veteran player goes into those same slumps, they get a long rope to get back to their game whereas a young talented player doesn't get even half as much or much at all. As a Penguins fan, I know that sort of idiocy when I see it after seeing Sullivan do it for the better part of a decade.

It's ok mate, the first step is realizing there's a problem, there's a support group for everything.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
See what you're missing is that there's different rules by coaches that love veterans over youth, where if a veteran player goes into those same slumps, they get a long rope to get back to their game whereas a young talented player doesn't get even half as much or much at all. As a Penguins fan, I know that sort of idiocy when I see it after seeing Sullivan do it for the better part of a decade.

It's ok mate, the first step is realizing there's a problem, there's a support group for everything.
1 point in 23 games, deserved to be played more... who cares about him getting an top 6 opportunity at the age of 19, how dare they cut his mins/scratch him when he wasn't performing...

Reactions: TS Quint

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
1 point in 23 games, deserved to be played more... who cares about him getting an top 6 opportunity at the age of 19, how dare they cut his mins/scratch him when he wasn't performing...
You missed their point.
The vets that sucked while he did , got no reduction in playing time, they got time to play through their slump.
Do you understand now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad