Friedman: Jets and Rutger McGroarty are not talking - his name is coming up in trade talks

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Except it does.

OP used a twitter that isn't even correct.

No idea what the comment about the American public education system has to do with anything when I'm not American.

This may not be a baseball forum, but my man you've struck out and should just sit this one out.

"Except it does" what? Making your text bigger makes it more correct? :laugh:

If OP used a twitter that isn't even correct, that should probably be rectified. But it seems to pretty clearly convey the heart of the issue here. It's not a novel scenario. We've seen this a hundred times over now.

You're just throwing out and focusing on ad hominem attacks rather than addressing any specific points of contention about what exactly is so "off base" about what i'm saying. Or deflecting to baseball analogy for no apparent reason.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I had the same thought. The Lebron James effect.

These USNTDP kids go join super teams in Michigan, BC, etc and then feel entitled to jump right into an nhl lineup.

I mean Winnipeg was one of the top teams in the league, you really think you can demand a lineup spot immediately?
His hero is Austin Matthews, the epitome of a team player who carried the Leafs on his back and into the Promise Land. :laugh:

Pass on any trade for a kid with a really big mirror telling him he's an NHLer before he needs his first basket of pain killers after a corner dance with X (Xhejak).

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Available eh?

1719107852693.jpeg

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I think that's a fine offer all on it's own.
If there is a strained relationship between Rutger and the Jets then this is a straight forward way to clean the slate.
I'm a bit greedy here but Jokiharju+2025 1st (unprotected)?
Jokiharju would fill a need but his value isn't high enough, he could be really good for the jets though. The first pretty much guaranteed top 15 since it's the Sabres...

Feel free to add Krebs as well...

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Does it mean teams can get him for a relative cheap price?

Cheap? I don't think so.

But that's also relative. I mean, I think Philadelphia got a very meh return on Gauthier given how Drysdale's career had been up to that point. But Philadelphia may have really liked him and thought that was a good deal. I was mostly underwhelmed though given that Cutter was a top 5 pick 18 months prior who had shown no indication that the selection was misguided.

So I could see how a potential return would get dinged here is other GMs try and bully Chevy, but this is a supply and demand business, and there's no reason for me, as a devils fan, not be willing to offer #10 to the Jets for him, so there's really no reason for Winnipeg to take a haircut on his trade value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad