Friedman: Jets and Rutger McGroarty are not talking - his name is coming up in trade talks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021
I mean of course the deal only happens if McGroarty agrees to sign otherwise teams won't give up assets for him. Our best prospect is worth McGroarty imo.

From what I understand he doesn't care who he signs with, he just wants to play in the NHL. Ehlers makes sense since Adams wanted to add a top 6 forward. And we still have 11.
Our best prospect isn't worth a McGroarty that doesn't want to sign with his team. Jets don't get rewarded for failing to develop properly.

I doubt he doesn't care who he signs with lol. Ehlers doesn't make sense because Adams clearly wants guys that under team control. Not pending UFAs.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Yet here we are with all these armchair GM thinking that he will just sign, be happy and a dedicated team player.

How easily everyone wants to forget players like Dubois...and more like him will be showing up.

Hockey is getting basketballized...
Basketballized is a scary proposition for several teams in the league.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Our best prospect isn't worth a McGroarty that doesn't want to sign with his team. Jets don't get rewarded for failing to develop properly.

I doubt he doesn't care who he signs with lol. Ehlers doesn't make sense because Adams clearly wants guys that under team control. Not pending UFAs.
Well, skill-wise, he brings something that almost none of our prospects do. He may not have the ceiling that Savoie has, but I think he has a solid floor. He also had a great season in the NCAA.

Idk, the only rumors are that the guy wants to play in the NHL, and the problem is not specifically in the city or the team.

Well we can also extend him, I just know that Adams is looking for a top 6 forward and there are different good options. I think Ehlers is a good fit.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I think we'd be looking for upgrades to the NHL roster for Rutger.

We're all in on winning, don't have time to rest the clock on a brand new pick for the Helle window.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Cowan (brilliant draft + 1 year) straight up
Or
#23 2024 + Minten (prospect center) + Liljegren (cheap at least bottom pair RD)

For a McGoarty

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Kurashev+34 from Hawks. Kurashev+Reichel.
18+ reichel
Selke Dickinson
Taylor Hall
I mean whatever, If they weren’t a 2022/2023 first round pick, it’s available from hawks.

UED

May 2, 2021
He's American and they're situated in Winnipeg, MB. I'm sure Winnipeg knew he wasn't gonna sign and they were just so confident he was BPA that they figured they could get more by trading him than they could by picking someone else, similar on a much smaller scale to Quebec drafting Lindros's trade value instead of a player.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
He's American and they're situated in Winnipeg, MB. I'm sure Winnipeg knew he wasn't gonna sign and they were just so confident he was BPA that they figured they could get more by trading him than they could by picking someone else, similar on a much smaller scale to Quebec drafting Lindros's trade value instead of a player.
if you had read the thread you would have figured out that this isn't about playing in winnipeg and has to do with wanting to be in the nhl asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad