Friedman: Jets and Rutger McGroarty are not talking - his name is coming up in trade talks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I respect Winnipeg for telling the kid he has to earn his spot.

It’s also understandable from the kids perspective. He’s seen Casey Nazar Fantilli and Brindley step in. Why is it different for me?

Chicago, Columbus, Montreal can offer him a spot the teams are so unserious right now. I can’t wrap my head around New York gifting this kid a spot on the roster.

Chicago easily does 18 and Kaiser, Allan, or Reichel for him.

I don’t get why they wouldn’t give him a shot and if it doesn’t work, then trade him. Like, they kinda forced their own hand, no? Maybe they didn’t think he’d want out as a result, and now they can’t go back? Just seems like they could see how he looks first, then come to this same conclusion worst-case.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Well the good news is that it really doesn’t sound like it’s an issue with playing in the city. Yay?

The Winnipeg Sun says it’s all about a lack of faith in their development plan. Both from wanting him in the AHL to start while he watches teammates get to the league immediately…and questions about the slow paths of past top picks in the organization.

So the bad news is yeah he wants out. The good news is they shouldn’t have a situation where the player is dead set on one place and they get a crap return.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Well the good news is that it really doesn’t sound like it’s an issue with playing in the city. Yay?

The Winnipeg Sun says it’s all about a lack of faith in their development plan. Both from wanting him in the AHL to start while he watches teammates get to the league immediately…and questions about the slow paths of past top picks in the organization.

So the bad news is yeah he wants out. The good news is they shouldn’t have a situation where the player is dead set on one place and they get a crap return.
Jets have always over developed prospects to get them ready, kids often get impatient with that process and get a bit annoyed. Flip side is rushing them like some other teams do.

Reactions: Buffdog

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Jets are getting Gauthiered too.

This generation of kids smh

Philly was happy to sign Gauthier to a contract. He quit talking to them.
Yet here we are with all these armchair GM thinking that he will just sign, be happy and a dedicated team player.

How easily everyone wants to forget players like Dubois...and more like him will be showing up.

Hockey is getting basketballized...

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Yet here we are with all these armchair GM thinking that he will just sign, be happy and a dedicated team player.

How easily everyone wants to forget players like Dubois...and more like him will be showing up.

Hockey is getting basketballized...
Paul Coffey, Eric lindros, pavel bure, Adam fox, Scott Stevens, Chris pronger....do you know what these "old school" players have in common?

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021
I think this offer was easily outbid.

I would generally offer Kulich/Savoie + 2025 1st + Krebs for Ehlers and McGroarty.
We have no idea who he would want to sign with. That's the only thing that matters. Just like Cutter getting a 2nd + Drysdale. It's not a position of strength.

One of our best prospects + 1st for a pending UFA & a prospect that won't sign with his team is a bad deal for us

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Paul Coffey, Eric lindros, pavel bure, Adam fox, Scott Stevens, Chris pronger....do you know what these "old school" players have in common?
Yeah, they actually performed and not just "gimme this or else".

We had Harris who made some noise, wanted to go into the lineup without proving his abilities in the AHL. Thought he was a shoe-in top 4. Went straight to the line-up, now he's trade fodder.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
We have no idea who he would want to sign with. That's the only thing that matters. Just like Cutter getting a 2nd + Drysdale. It's not a position of strength.

One of our best prospects + 1st for a pending UFA & a prospect that won't sign with his team is a bad deal for us
I mean of course the deal only happens if McGroarty agrees to sign otherwise teams won't give up assets for him. Our best prospect is worth McGroarty imo.

From what I understand he doesn't care who he signs with, he just wants to play in the NHL. Ehlers makes sense since Adams wanted to add a top 6 forward. And we still have 11.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Yeah, they actually performed and not just "gimme this or else".

We had Harris who made some noise, wanted to go into the lineup without proving his abilities in the AHL. Thought he was a shoe-in top 4. Went straight to the line-up, now he's trade fodder.
They actually all told their teams gimmie this or else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad