Post-Game Talk: Jets 8 - Sharks 3

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
4/5 Skeletons tonight, Nik and Koal with two goal 3 points, Pionk and Vladdy with 4 points each and a host of players getting points tonight. Helle's save percentage took a beating tonight, .864 but when you score 8 who cares.

View attachment 918395View attachment 918395View attachment 918395View attachment 918395

They apparently gave Cole an assist on the Vlad goal. No idea where he touched the puck efore Pionk. Will see if it holds up after they review it.

But I'm now looking more forward to attending Sundays game. Just wish they'd call Rutger up for one game so I can boo him lol.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Names line finally showed up. Now it is up to the top line to bring it and get themselves going.

Hopefully the Names like can use this game to build upon.

PP looking dynamic. Who could have predicted that giving Ehlers consistent minutes on the top units could have helped the PP?

Strong game by Pionk, 2 decent games in a row by that pairing.
Second line trying harder and getting chemistry and confidence. Ehlers and His line did what they have been working on and Pionk managed to get his job done at BOTH ends of the ice! That bodes well.
So good to see Perfetti giving Arniel some good reasons for his minutes.
Miller was as good as Fleury so that increases the compete level there, good thing.
Having the D play up is good to see but the D pairings will have to keep working the full 60 min and the forwards will need to remember (in the heady ecstasy of feeding frenzies) that Helly is still all alone back there..

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
We do - I just hope that if we hand over a pile of money to Pionk, he actually keeps up the game he is capable of playing -

yup, he can't have a real strong season every 4 years. He needs to play at a good number 3 level consistently to really give us that defensive support we will need to make a run in the post season.

I'm interested in seeing what they do in another week when tree is ready to come back. Third pairing has been solid.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Still keeping track for team Corsi … Scheifele/Connor line out score the opponents again 4-0 so far this season … Jets record 4-0.
700lbs of passing film can do dat

I am not using a game against the Sharks to hand Pionk a new deal lol. We have 5 years of results from him that serve as a better benchmark than a game against team that is likely drafting top-3/
Well he's still better vs the boards than Trouba vs the boards

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
I am not using a game against the Sharks to hand Pionk a new deal lol. We have 5 years of results from him that serve as a better benchmark than a game against team that is likely drafting top-3/
Good point on holding the Pionk purse strings tight while we watch to see if he will keep a close eye on his +\-.
That should be what Chevy and Arniel communicate to him. I have high hopes for him if he keeps setting up plays without losing sight of Helly all by his lonesome..

Shlep

Sep 13, 2024
Hopefully a big confidence booster for Perfetti because he seems to be lacking that for awhile now. Great pickpocket for the Ehlers goal, didn't get an assist on Pionks but he made it happen, and gorgeous little drag and shot on his first goal. San Jose is bad to be sure, but hopefully it puts his head in the right place.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
I knew I was in trouble after the second period, I fell asleep missing the first Perfetti and third Sharks goal, but I woke up after Perfetti scored his second. The Jets played very well for the most part, were aggressively checking San Jose and stealing pucks from them. The final score is the result. Let's hope Winnipeg can continue this against the McGroarty-less Penguins...

I give this game four "Spicolis" out of five...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for that game has been posted for your guesses. Remember to get them in before the puck drop at 2:00pm on Sunday. I will be posting the GDT for that game as well, but after that, the games against St. Louis and Seattle are available, so don't forget to sign up! See you all Sunday...

giphy.gif

Malcsta

Mar 15, 2024
Love to see it, especially after all that talk about the second line contributing nothing. 27 mentioned they had a lot that they were working on, and Im glad I took his word for it. Only person who didn't seem to have a good night was Demelo, lol

Reactions: macmaroon

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
yup, he can't have a real strong season every 4 years. He needs to play at a good number 3 level consistently to really give us that defensive support we will need to make a run in the post season.

I'm interested in seeing what they do in another week when tree is ready to come back. Third pairing has been solid.
He shouldn't just be given a spot. Agreed, the 3rd pairing has been solid.

Shlep

Sep 13, 2024
San Jose didn't get a single shot attempt while Perfetti was on the ice tonight.
Worth noting, his line played the least at 5v5 and the three of them had the worst xGF on the team, best xGF% because they didn't have chances against, but they didn't create much 5v5 either.

Ad

Ad

Ad