GDT: Ducks visit Avalanche 6PM PDT October 18 2024

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
This was the kind of game that just seemed right for the way things are going for COL. Dominate but still can't catch a break and end up having to gut out a win in OT

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Thought Fabbri was going to score right before that.

I thought Zegs had a low-key disappointing night. Nothing glaringly bad but just never seemed to do anything positive with the puck. Lost a lot of battles too.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
We have the kings and sharks coming up at home the next 2 games, after that we have a few days off before a trip back East. Hot take, we finally fix our PP before going to that trip back East. And we earn 3/4 points the next couple games.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Thought Fabbri was going to score right before that.

I thought Zegs had a low-key disappointing night. Nothing glaringly bad but just never seemed to do anything positive with the puck. Lost a lot of battles too.
Z offensively has been disappointing so far. really worried they're coaching the offense out of him so he can be somewhat respectable defensively.

QuackAttack90

Nov 29, 2011
We have the kings and sharks coming up at home the next 2 games, after that we have a few days off before a trip back East. Hot take, we finally fix our PP before going to that trip back East. And we earn 3/4 points the next couple games.
Feels kinda silly to think that they are magically going to fix the PP in the next week when they have been trying to fix it for years

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Killorn is ass and needs to be removed from the top line. Gauthier was better but I don't think he belongs on the top line either.

I'm really concerned about the coaching. This team should be playing much better than they are. They aren't good at anything.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Z offensively has been disappointing so far. really worried they're coaching the offense out of him so he can be somewhat respectable defensively.
Big Mac has been the most disappointing player alongside cutter G this season imho. I obviously give cutter a break, given his a rookie. Mac, inexcusable. I think Zegras has been ok. I’m giving Killorn a break, since he has a history of needing some games to heat up to start the season.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
The play Rantanen made at the very beginning of OT is an example of the mindset our young guys need to have (Terry has it). Leo actually won the faceoff but immediately lost possession of the puck because of the aggressive and astute play Rantanen made. He wasn’t expecting it. We need to start making plays like that too. Kind of echoes the hungriness factor Hazy referenced just now.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Cronin to all his players and coaches save Dostal and the goalie coach.

Never-play-this-again.-Spaceballs.gif

Reactions: Ducks DVM

QuackAttack90

Nov 29, 2011

The electricity is gone from Z it feels like, hopefully he's just not in the groove

Honestly, it reminds me of how it felt when the Ducks drained the offense out of a young Cam Fowler.

Young players begin to focus so much on 'being responsible' that they end up losing the spark that made them special

FlyingV09

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Wow what a game. The Ducks did not show up to play tonight. Looked slow and timid. Some mind boggling decisions with and without the puck. Extremely fortunate to escape with a point.

Dostal was obviously great. McGinn and Harkins were working hard. Terry had his moments. As did Carlsson. Gauthier probably had his best game but still didn’t look great.

That Avs team was missing Lehkonen, Toews, Nichushkin, Drouin, and whatever is left of Landeskog and we were completely outclassed. We have a long way to go…..

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
There is always a silver lining if you look hard enough.

The Avs fans got to watch Dostal play lights out and be the goalie that could legitimately bring them the cup.

For me the silver lining is Colorado picking Justus Annunen 64th in the 2018 NHL draft.

It should a fun season for Avs fans watching Georgiev and Kahkonen while dreaming of what might have been.

John

Reactions: Kalv

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
Wow what a game. The Ducks did not show up to play tonight. Looked slow and timid. Some mind boggling decisions with and without the puck. Extremely fortunate to escape with a point.

Dostal was obviously great. McGinn and Harkins were working hard. Terry had his moments. As did Carlsson. Gauthier probably had his best game but still didn’t look great.

That Avs team was missing Lehkonen, Toews, Nichushkin, Drouin, and whatever is left of Landeskog and we were completely outclassed. We have a long way to go…..
Even without all those guys, the AVs pressured us all night - they were all over us everywhere. Utah gave us space and we were able to make something of it. But when we're constantly pressed (as we will be in most games), we et confused and go Keystone Kops. I don't know if they need more drill or more study or both, but the RIGHT decisions (with or without the puck) have got to become almost instinctive. Especially sine it looks like many teams will still have a speed advantage on us.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Even without all those guys, the AVs pressured us all night - they were all over us everywhere. Utah gave us space and we were able to make something of it. But when we're constantly pressed (as we will be in most games), we et confused and go Keystone Kops. I don't know if they need more drill or more study or both, but the RIGHT decisions (with or without the puck) have got to become almost instinctive. Especially sine it looks like many teams will still have a speed advantage on us.
I think this is a good point. I think we can look decent against teams that don't have a suffocating forecheck, a lot of Avs games looked liked that last year as well. I think our offensive zone struggles tonite can be traced directly back to being dominated in the D zone. When the team is caught up in that, it's like impossible to get any flow going. I think part of it is exhaustion but some of it is almost mentally submitting that this is how it is going to be tonight. You see it with other teams too. Our guys need to get better at dictating play.

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
There is always a silver lining if you look hard enough.

The Avs fans got to watch Dostal play lights out and be the goalie that could legitimately bring them the cup.

For me the silver lining is Colorado picking Justus Annunen 64th in the 2018 NHL draft.

It should a fun season for Avs fans watching Georgiev and Kahkonen while dreaming of what might have been.

John

Why would we trade Dostal?!?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad