OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2024-2025

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
My family is fine. We had some fatalities in town and a lot of destroyed houses/businesses. But we are partway up the mountains so we’re only minorly inconvenienced.

- YouTube

This is a couple miles from our house. The hospital that was evacuated by helicopter is in Erwin too. Weird for our little town to be in the national news.

We are grateful for our good fortune, and planning to join with our neighbors in the work crews in coming weekends to muck out houses and rip out rotten drywall, etc. When I lived in Texas I had several occasions to help with hurricane cleanup, but I never imagined I’d be doing it in Appalachia.
Stay safe in those homes doing the good work you are planning.

pseudoswede

Apr 7, 2011
Colorado
T minus 6 days until I'll be back in the STL. Can't wait.

As for a TV show, if you and the significant other are looking for a light, airy rom-com, I highly recommend Colin from Accounts on Paramount+.

• Love
Reactions: ChicagoBlues

pseudoswede

Apr 7, 2011
Colorado
Here is a totally random question... does Enterprise Center have a size limit on poster board signs? My kid wants to make one for Sunny--but since he might play, she may have to pivot and make it for Broberg.

Edited to add: Welp... just saw on the website and it says 24" x 36".

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
'Westworld' is Earth.

Step right up! For a token admission fee, you too can have a human experience!

You will soon figure out who is real and who are NPC backdrop "people".

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
'Westworld' is Earth.

Step right up! For a token admission fee, you too can have a human experience!

You will soon figure out who is real and who are NPC backdrop "people".
Works for me, as long as season 2 of this Westworld doesn't screw the pooch as much season 2 of the HBO series did.

• Love

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Yeah…not so much.
My PCP agrees with me. The fossil in Endo? No. He says 75% of the country is on statins, so why shouldn't I? LOL Seriously?

Do you know what is insulating our brain cells (and every other cell), so that they actually perform?

Do you know what is 100% necessary in order to manufacture hormones?

Take a wild guess. There's a lot of talk about how unhealthy people are in this country. Low-fat, vegan diets are terrible for human health.

But wear down every cell in your body with statins and pound that sugar and we will be just fine. Cholesterol doesn't kill people. Inflammation kills people.

There is only one type of cholesterol; the good kind.

EDIT: A couple months ago that fossil in Endo ordered for me a CT scan of my heart to check for inflammation because he said I had a very high risk of experiencing a heart attack. My arteries were just about perfect. Duh. I knew that already.

Cholesterol is not a problem unless there is too much inflammation. We need cholesterol and lots of it. The myelin sheath insulating our neurons depend on it.

EDIT 2: I will add that another killer, besides sugar, are polyunsaturated fats (PUFAs). The scientific and medical communities have been shoving down our throats the dangers of saturated fats and cholesterol. Now look at the country. Fat and unhealthy.

Cholesterol good.

Saturated fats good.

As much as I love donuts, they should be called death bombs because they are 100% made of PUFAs and refined carbs/sugars.

In Traditional Chinese Medicine, ice cream is called "the triple death".

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Drubilly

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
My PCP agrees with me. The fossil in Endo? No. He says 75% of the country is on statins, so why shouldn't I? LOL Seriously?

Do you know what is insulating our brain cells (and every other cell), so that they actually perform?

Do you know what is 100% necessary in order to manufacture hormones?

Take a wild guess. There's a lot of talk about how unhealthy people are in this country. Low-fat, vegan diets are terrible for human health.

But wear down every cell in your body with statins and pound that sugar and we will be just fine. Cholesterol doesn't kill people. Inflammation kills people.

There is only one type of cholesterol; the good kind.

EDIT: A couple months ago that fossil in Endo ordered for me a CT scan of my heart to check for inflammation because he said I had a very high risk of experiencing a heart attack. My arteries were just about perfect. Duh. I knew that already.

Cholesterol is not a problem unless there is too much inflammation. We need cholesterol and lots of it. The myelin sheath insulating our neurons depend on it.

EDIT 2: I will add that another killer, besides sugar, are polyunsaturated fats (PUFAs). The scientific and medical communities have been shoving down our throats the dangers of saturated fats and cholesterol. Now look at the country. Fat and unhealthy.

Cholesterol good.

Saturated fats good.

As much as I love donuts, they should be called death bombs.

In Traditional Chinese Medicine, ice cream is called "the triple death".
Yes, cholesterol substrate is crucial for many things. Also true is that well designed blinded research has proven the value of controlling LDL cholesterol as a risk for heart disease, the #1 cause of death in what I suspect your demographic to be.

I’m not going to argue it. If you want to look, the data speaks for itself. But it’s your life and you get to make your own choices.

Statins are only one method to address cholesterol. No reason to fixate on that one.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Yes, cholesterol substrate is crucial for many things. Also true is that well designed blinded research has proven the value of controlling LDL cholesterol as a risk for heart disease, the #1 cause of death in what I suspect your demographic to be.

I’m not going to argue it. If you want to look, the data speaks for itself. But it’s your life and you get to make your own choices.

Statins are only one method to address cholesterol. No reason to fixate on that one.
All good. No reason to argue about it. I will say that it is my firm belief that the mainstream scientific and medical communities do NOT have our best interest in mind.

EDIT: I'm uber familiar with the scientific method. One of my super cool and fun careers was in a neuroscience lab. Great work and mucho fun, but when my entire world collapsed into calcium signalling in pyramidal neurons of the hippocampal formation using two-photon microscopy blah blah blah..............I knew that it was time to leave the lab and rejoin the real world.

Last edited:

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
All good. No reason to argue about it. I will say that it is my firm belief that the mainstream scientific and medical communities do NOT have our best interest in mind.

EDIT: I'm uber familiar with the scientific method. One of my super cool and fun careers was in a neuroscience lab. Great work and mucho fun, but when my entire world collapsed into calcium signalling in pyramidal neurons of the hippocampal formation using two-photon microscopy blah blah blah..............I knew that it was time to leave the lab and rejoin the real world.
My eyes glazed over just reading your edit

• Haha

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

I just bristle a little when what you’re saying may influence someone poorly informed to make self-destructive choices. Or to justify inaction, more likely. You have a pretty big burden of proof if you’re going to toss out carefully and hard-earned data that show us how to extend healthy living in such an offhand way. I get people coming in to see me all the time taking advice from dubious sources.

It can be pretty demoralizing, like a patient I saw today whose baby lost weight for a month and nearly was admitted to the hospital because she decided to abandon the carefully calculated nutrition plan we’d made together. Your paranoia about the motives in medicine are not unique, but they are supremely cynical. I work shoulder to shoulder with dozens of self-sacrificing and invested physicians who have chosen their paths out of an interest in making others’ lives better.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I just bristle a little when what you’re saying may influence someone poorly informed to make self-destructive choices. Or to justify inaction, more likely. You have a pretty big burden of proof if you’re going to toss out carefully and hard-earned data that show us how to extend healthy living in such an offhand way. I get people coming in to see me all the time taking advice from dubious sources.

It can be pretty demoralizing, like a patient I saw today whose baby lost weight for a month and nearly was admitted to the hospital because she decided to abandon the carefully calculated nutrition plan we’d made together. Your paranoia about the motives in medicine are not unique, but they are supremely cynical. I work shoulder to shoulder with dozens of self-sacrificing and invested physicians who have chosen their paths out of an interest in making others’ lives better.
Go ahead and bristle. Irrespective to the efforts of well-meaning, health-oriented individuals in medicine, it is a fact that unhealthy dietary practices have been overtly supported by the scientific-medical body for decades. But instead of addressing nutritional and dietary issues, patients are treated with the latest pharmaceutical. Cynical? Rightfully so. Paranoid? Not the least bit.

I thought you didn't want to argue this. I will argue this because it means a lot to me that we are being poisoned. It should mean a lot to you as well, doc.

My intention was not to insult you personally. Bash the backwards medicine? Hell yeah! I could go on and on detailing the toxic biological insults prevalent in our food and environment, but it appears you don't care or simply do not understand what is happening.

Roughly half the American population is obese, but few people are connecting the dots.

Dietary practices supported and pushed by our very own scientific and medical communities has led to this shit show and you wanna tell me that it's all good? No way dude!

We need more doctors to wake the f*** up. Thank you.

You can have the last word. Doesn't matter to me cuz I know I speak the truth.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Go ahead and bristle. Irrespective to the efforts of well-meaning, health-oriented individuals in medicine, it is a fact that unhealthy dietary practices have been overtly supported by the scientific-medical body for decades. But instead of addressing nutritional and dietary issues, patients are treated with the latest pharmaceutical. Cynical? Rightfully so. Paranoid? Not the least bit.

I thought you didn't want to argue this. I will argue this because it means a lot to me that we are being poisoned. It should mean a lot to you as well, doc.

My intention was not to insult you personally. Bash the backwards medicine? Hell yeah! I could go on and on detailing the toxic biological insults prevalent in our food and environment, but it appears you don't care or simply do not understand what is happening.

Roughly half the American population is obese, but few people are connecting the dots.

Dietary practices supported and pushed by our very own scientific and medical communities has led to this shit show and you wanna tell me that it's all good? No way dude!

We need more doctors to wake the f*** up. Thank you.

You can have the last word. Doesn't matter to me cuz I know I speak the truth.
You said “there is no bad cholesterol”. That’s patently false. I take exception to gross misinformation like that. We know that LDL cholesterol elevation is one of the strongest correlates for heart disease, ergo mortality. We understand pretty well how the physiology there works. Spreading propaganda that discourages people from addressing their cholesterol status is irresponsible. Period.

All of that is irrespective of the devious evil masterminds who are purposefully creating an obesity epidemic, apparently. I’m on the f***ing front lines of that epidemic! My life is dedicated to fighting against this stuff. I don’t actually take issue with your mistrust of governing bodies’ motives, or those organizations with conflicts of interest. Only one of us was talking about statins. If that is your beef, then say that instead of pretending there is no problem to solve when people turn to them. From where I’m sitting you sound like the old guys on the muppet show lobbing criticisms from the cheap seats.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
You said “there is no bad cholesterol”. That’s patently false. I take exception to gross misinformation like that. We know that LDL cholesterol elevation is one of the strongest correlates for heart disease, ergo mortality. We understand pretty well how the physiology there works. Spreading propaganda that discourages people from addressing their cholesterol status is irresponsible. Period.

All of that is irrespective of the devious evil masterminds who are purposefully creating an obesity epidemic, apparently. I’m on the f***ing front lines of that epidemic! My life is dedicated to fighting against this stuff. I don’t actually take issue with your mistrust of governing bodies’ motives, or those organizations with conflicts of interest. Only one of us was talking about statins. If that is your beef, then say that instead of pretending there is no problem to solve when people turn to them. From where I’m sitting you sound like the old guys on the muppet show lobbing criticisms from the cheap seats.
The people have received dietary and nutritional guidance for decades and the result is a 50% obesity rate. Of the other 50%, 25% are sick and the other 25% (me) are just fine.

Being somewhat aggressive with statins to lower a critically high level of LDL is certainly important, but it is the inflammation that is causing the LDL to get hung up.

Inflammation is the problem. Once LDL is brought down enough, the vascular inflammation must be addressed or else nothing is going to change. If your patient still eats too much sugar and other carbs, thereby dramatically spiking their glycemic index throughout the day and on a daily basis, then nothing will change. Top that off with PUFAs all over the American diet and hidden in what appears to be good food and we have problems. Metabolic issues.

I am well-versed in all of this and still get tricked and hoodwinked because the FDA decided to change the definition of an ingredient or not force a manufacturer to list an ingredient. I can only imagine what it's like for someone who may not know what to look for.

Organic is not organic. Labels are misleading. Nutrition Facts on packaging is not accurate and is not even mandated to be so. On and on. Protein powders flavored with Fruity f***in Pebbles, dude. Murica. Or how about Vitamin D? The RDA is ridiculously low combined with propaganda that Vitamin D toxicity is a problem. No, it's not. What we need is about 20x the RDA of Vitamin D.

America is sick and fat because they have been listening to bogus nutritional and dietary guidance for decades obscured by masses of misguidance. Inflammation is killing us. PUFAs, sugar & dairy mixed with anti-cholesterol messaging is poisoning the whole country. It's criminal.

Humans are the ONLY mammals on the planet who drink milk after weening. Cats will drink it if you give it to them, but not in a natural setting.

But hey! Supply side economics roolz the day!

Got milk?

Americans have only been doing what they've been told and now look the state of our collective health. But keep doing the same thing and nothing will change. Sugar, fruit, carbs, all that high glycemic grain they push on us is terrible. It has to go. We must remove elements that cause insulin resistance. For decades they've been pushing whole grains as a healthy part of our diet. These whole grains are literally tearing up our gut making it leaky and then the glycemic spike. Whole grains - no. Sprouted grains - yes.

Kefir is dairy, but it is fermented. As is cheese. Yogurt is dairy, but it is alive. Grass-fed all the way.

I know you have a good heart and you mean well, but I will fight for this to my grave.

It is painfully clear that offical, mainstream nutrional and dietary policy and guidance has failed America. 50% obesity rate is the result of offical policy.

I know exactly what I am doing and have the CT scans to back it up. Clean as a whistle, just like I thought, unlike Dr. Endo Fossil.

If the obese want to live, then they absolutley must 100% cut out all sugars. No rice. No pasta. No bread. No flour. No fruit. One of my Aunts crushed diabetes by doing what I just wrote. Cured herself without pharmaceuticals.

I standly firmly behind my message.

God bless you, Brother!!!

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
How do you see Artificial Intelligence effecting sports in the future?

I see a big impact. From predicting pitches in baseball to predicting goalie tendencies from certain angles to etc....

If we can compile data for it, it can be predicted IMHO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad