Post-Game Talk: Jets 4- Yotes 3 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
That's fine he can suck a big one :laugh: not much he can do until Perfetti hits free agency. I don't agree with it but I half expect Jets to bring in Nyquist and send Perfetti down for a playoff run with the Moose to build his confidence.

Can Perfetti even go down? He's 22 and has played more then 80 NHL games.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Someone once said that good teams find a way to win, even if they don't have their A game that night. The Jets are a damn good team.

I'm old enough to remember a second line of Kane - Antropov - Wellwood... Mark Stuart on D and pavelec in net every night. Man, watching that team was tough sometimes but it was still fun to be a fan, even if we were eliminated from the playoffs by early March

Now we're sitting in 3rd place the whole goddamn league according to points % and goal differential, amd some posters can only post about how our top line is *hypothetically* losing its matchup

Have we become spoiled as a fanbase, or is this some sort of extension of social media culture where we expect perfection across all areas of our lives because all we see is other people posting their highlight reels?

It's always good to appreciate what we have and support them.

It is okay to seperate that every day we have an NHL team in Winnipeg is a great day from assessing our team as a Cup contender. They are both part of the experience.

The smallest advantages add up and when there is enough of them that can be enough to swing a playoff series. Every inch counts.

It's okay to be happy we aren't playing super well and are racking up wins anyway. That is the sign of a good team.

It's also okay to notice things while we are winning that may hurt our chances in a tight playoff series. Little things matter.

It's amazing the season we are having. And the potential of the team is so high. And if we keep playing this way without getting back to where we were in December we will likely be bowing out 1st round, maybe 2nd. All these things can be true.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Someone once said that good teams find a way to win, even if they don't have their A game that night. The Jets are a damn good team.

I'm old enough to remember a second line of Kane - Antropov - Wellwood... Mark Stuart on D and pavelec in net every night. Man, watching that team was tough sometimes but it was still fun to be a fan, even if we were eliminated from the playoffs by early March

Now we're sitting in 3rd place the whole goddamn league according to points % and goal differential, amd some posters can only post about how our top line is *hypothetically* losing its matchup

Have we become spoiled as a fanbase, or is this some sort of extension of social media culture where we expect perfection across all areas of our lives because all we see is other people posting their highlight reels?
They do, but to make it sustainable they acknowledge their faults even when they're winning and work on them. Jets shouldn't feel high and mighty on this run, they have work to do.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Last I checked, which was only a few games ago, he can go down without waivers.

Based on the chart I read he can't but perhaps you are correct.

We shall see what they do, but that would be a good way to poison the well between him and org imo.

I imagine he'll get another look in the top 6 in a few games if the team keeps stinking as much as they have been at 5 on 5.

Reactions: hn777 and thereturn

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
We shall see what they do, but that would be a good way to posion the well between him and org imo.

I imagine he'll get another look in the top 6 in a few games if the team keeps stinking as much as they have been at 5 on 5.
If they bring in another forward, it probably won’t be until the roster limit is done at the deadline. And if not, I’m assuming they’ll waive Kupari and risk losing him over sending Perfetti down.

Reactions: hn777

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If they bring in another forward, it probably won’t be until the roster limit is done at the deadline. And if not, I’m assuming they’ll waive Kupari and risk losing him over sending Perfetti down.

Yup, but honestly another forward isn't going to do anything if our coach keeps playing our top line over a 1/3 of each game and if they keep bleeding as badly as they have been the last couple of weeks.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Yup, but honestly another forward isn't going to do anything if our coach keeps playing our top line over a 1/3 of each game and if they keep bleeding as badly as they have been the last couple of weeks.
Every line bleed chances. Only the players on the first line finished theirs. Granted it was on pp, but, still same players.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Based on the chart I read he can't but perhaps you are correct.

We shall see what they do, but that would be a good way to poison the well between him and org imo.

My source is cap Friendly's waiver calculator and it seemed weird to me so I looked up the rules to confirm and it seemed to work. I'll check again though I'm often wrong, give me a minute.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
It's always good to appreciate what we have and support them.

It is okay to seperate that every day we have an NHL team in Winnipeg is a great day from assessing our team as a Cup contender. They are both part of the experience.

The smallest advantages add up and when there is enough of them that can be enough to swing a playoff series. Every inch counts.

It's okay to be happy we aren't playing super well and are racking up wins anyway. That is the sign of a good team.

It's also okay to notice things while we are winning that may hurt our chances in a tight playoff series. Little things matter.

It's amazing the season we are having. And the potential of the team is so high. And if we keep playing this way without getting back to where we were in December we will likely be bowing out 1st round, maybe 2nd. All these things can be true.
I agree 100%. I think we all see that the structure that made us so formidable in the early season is MIA

But at the same time, we're racking up points. Is it sustainable?

The big priority forward is to re-find that structure. And the big concern is that the team gets complacent because it's winning without that structure.

But it's still OK to celebrate wins. Someone once said that not all games will be Picassos. Sometimes you'll have a paint-by-numbers, and sometimes you'll put up a finger painting. If you're winning without your A game, there are positives there too

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
My source is cap Friendly's waiver calculator and it seemed weird to me so I looked up the rules to confirm and it seemed to work. I'll check again though I'm often wrong, give me a minute.

Maybe it's age 22 based on the start of the year 🤔

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Tonight yes, but it is a reoccurring problem with that line while it isn't with the other lines.
While I’m just hoping they can build on the good because nothing anyone says on here will change anything. Bowness doesn’t like change.

Reactions: surixon

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Maybe it's age 22 based on the start of the year 🤔
Your age for the year is your age at December 31st, so Perfetti is considered to be 21 by one day, but I'm still reading it as 80 games to be eligible for waivers? Still reading, CapFriendly's calculator does still have him as waiver exempt.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I have cared more about the process than the results. The results are nice, but the process is a predicator of results. Somebody used to say "trust the process" around here, but I can't remember exactly who it is. Their process is terrible.
I disagree.

I thought the yotes really started smothering the Jets in the second, playing the style that we played especially in the first half.

Like I said I thought they passed extremely well.

I do agree that we have to get back to playing the way we did in the first half, but I'll take 6 weeks in 7 games all day every day

Reactions: ps241

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Missed the game. Caught the higjlights. Heard a ton of criticism about how the Jets won.

Listen, the boys found a way to win. The other guys were well rested, desperate for a win, have a lot of pride and get paid too.

A few years back we would look better than the other team on paper (eg corsi), lose the game and complain. You know what? Screw the corsi, win the scorsi. Like tonight.

This team has quietly won 6 of 7. I dont care how, we are piling up the Ws. As far as I am conerned, GREAT WIN. WAY TO GO, BOYS!!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
While I’m just hoping they can build on the good because nothing anyone says on here will change anything. Bowness doesn’t like change.

They will have to tighten things up significantly if we are going to go on a lengthy run. I agree that Bones will live and die on the backs of his top line. Spending assets to slightly improve a line that will get 10 to 12 minutes a game isn't really going to move the needle.

Reactions: hn777 and Snowboy

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Last I checked, which was only a few games ago, he can go down without waivers.
Still waiver exempt unless Capfriendly is drunk but I doubt Bowness resorts to that option with him. I'm thinking my hurt his damaged confidence more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad