Post-Game Talk: Jets 4- Yotes 3 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
The past 2 games probably would have been easier if they played team defense. They regularly shut down teams when they got a lead. The answer isn't more goalz. It's playing the hockey they were playing before, playoff type hockey.
we were controlling the play both games, had we scored and made it 3 instead of them scoring and making it one we probably would have kept controlling the play of the game.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I bet the people who paid money to watch the Jets win don't give a shit how they did it or how they played for that matter, they leave happy and hopefully they had a good time and maybe plan on attending more games in the future.
Statements like this can't be said enough. Walking out of the building feeling good is probably the best predicter of buying a future game ticket.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Someone once said that good teams find a way to win, even if they don't have their A game that night. The Jets are a damn good team.

I'm old enough to remember a second line of Kane - Antropov - Wellwood... Mark Stuart on D and pavelec in net every night. Man, watching that team was tough sometimes but it was still fun to be a fan, even if we were eliminated from the playoffs by early March

Now we're sitting in 3rd place the whole goddamn league according to points % and goal differential, amd some posters can only post about how our top line is *hypothetically* losing its matchup

Have we become spoiled as a fanbase, or is this some sort of extension of social media culture where we expect perfection across all areas of our lives because all we see is other people posting their highlight reels?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
The past 2 games probably would have been easier if they played team defense. They regularly shut down teams when they got a lead. The answer isn't more goalz. It's playing the hockey they were playing before, playoff type hockey.
Had they scored early in the 2nd when they were absolutely dominating then yes, the answer would have been more goalz.

Inanna

Cat Lady
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
North of Toronto
I don't mind occasional bad/inconsistent play, unless it's self-inflicted... just wish it was somehow possible to try something else, not sure why certain lines and partnerships have to be predecided
I've read your comment several times and I'm still having trouble parsing it.

When we play badly or inconsistently, isn't it always self-inflicted? If we're playing badly, then we're bad, regardless of how the other team plays. If we're inconsistent, it's not because of the other team it's because we've 'chosen' to be inconsistent. We can play badly and win, we can play really well and lose. But it's always self-inflicted.

Also, aren't all lines and partnerships predecided? Players don't go out to start a game and call out 'Hey, who wants to play with me?' or 'Anyone want to be my wingman?' Someone, presumably the coach, decides before the game starts who is going to be on a certain line. I don't understand why you would say "not sure certain lines...have to be predecided." If the lines are not predecided, you're going to have chaos.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Perfetti ends with 7:44 in TOI. Did he see much in the third?
Nope. He looked good when he played by my eye. With Monahan out I would have preferred to see the Perfetti-Namestnikov-Ehlers line reunited considering how dominant it was, but Bowness seems intent on ham fisting Iafallo into a role that doesn't suit him instead of going with what has already been successful.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Had they scored early in the 2nd when they were absolutely dominating then yes, the answer would have been more goalz.

You're right, a 3 goal lead minimum is what this team needs to be able to play defense. My mistake. They didn't hit that so it's natural a team down 2 without a win in a month would outplay them the rest of the game.

Reactions: hn777

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Nope. He looked good when he played by my eye. With Monahan out I would have preferred to see the Perfetti-Namestnikov-Ehlers line reunited considering how dominant it was, but Bowness seems intent on ham fisting Iafallo into a role that doesn't suit him instead of going with what has already been successful.
I think Iafallo brings value to that line as a puck hound, but I really liked ehlers - names - perfetti also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad