Post-Game Talk: Jets 4- Yotes 3 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
people don't watch other teams play, they expect 82 games of perfect hockey, reality is that it's a grind and you are going to have stretches of bad/inconsistent play
That’s rather strawmanian in nature but I do agree you’ll see stretches of bad play. It’s good that we keep picking up W’s during this time period too. I just hope they can get back to what worked so well in the first half of the season soon.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Friday at 9:15 PM
I don’t like this game … playing a team on an eleven game losing streak … they are due for lucky bounces.
4-3 Jets and Scheifele opens the scoring.
****************************************************************************************************************
How about this call.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Replay of The Yotes hopes and dreams in the well earned OT frame.

cat-needs-this-rug

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
people don't watch other teams play, they expect 82 games of perfect hockey, reality is that it's a grind and you are going to have stretches of bad/inconsistent play
I watch other teams play but obviously the Key more closely and I do not like the last 10 games save for the BC sucks game.
The Jets have lost their team defensive structure, are not strong on the forecheck and are relying on their pp ( shocking to say) and tenders to win.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
That was closer then it needed to be. But we come up with another 2 points. I'll give the Yotes credit for battling hard. On to the next one.
I'm saving my mega negative rant until we get blown up by one of he contenders - In the mean time, I'll take a win as a win.
This team is interesting this year - they most definitely throttle up and down depending on who they are playing - not every night but often.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Even game throughout with score effects after the 1st, and even then it continued to be even. Not ideal to have a game that close against a bottom feeder, but it happens to every team. Confidence is important, winning builds confidence. In 17/18 the Jets were pretty awful the first half of the season despite winning a lot and the numbers suggested that they would fall back to earth but instead they grew into the numbers.

We beat a top team in Vancouver recently, were the better team in losses against Toronto, Boston, and Pittsburgh. Lots of complaints that we can't score but in the past 5 we're averaging 4 goals a game which is better than any team is averaging throughout the season. I don't think the situation is that dire but there are definitely adjustments to be made.

Also to note is that Coyote players are desperate to end the losing streak at this point.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
2/5 Stickmen tonight it's the Coyotes and the Jets let them hang around, KFC scores goals, Nino had a rough game, Apples needs to sit, Kupari let me down again, Helle made saves. We had a lot of trouble in our zone , Fefe collecting points. The Jets keep collecting points and now wait for the Blues on Tuesday.

dancing-rainbow-neon-stickman-rainbow.gif
dancing-rainbow-neon-stickman-rainbow.gif

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Here's my hierarchy of emotions while watching a Jets game, from most positive to most negative:

1. Jets win = happy
2. Jets score = happy
3. Jets play well but lose = happy
4. Every other possible outcome including (but limited to) the Jets get scored on, Jets lose, one line gets caved, etc =

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
these past 2 games probably would have been easier if we buried our chances after we got the 2 goal leads, we gave up a goal and gave them hope and they took advantage of it

The past 2 games probably would have been easier if they played team defense. They regularly shut down teams when they got a lead. The answer isn't more goalz. It's playing the hockey they were playing before, playoff type hockey.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
got the 2, gotta stop giving teams hope when we are controlling the game, probably time to shake things up in the top 6 and see a new look, pp still good! also funny how a section of posters didn't show up to post until half way thru the game...
Second period we played like we gave
a damn, first and third were abducted by aliens..

Reactions: kanadalainen

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
I don't mind occasional bad/inconsistent play, unless it's self-inflicted... just wish it was somehow possible to try something else, not sure why certain lines and partnerships have to be predecided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad