Trades & Free Agency Thread: 2024-2025 Season Edition

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
No reliable report suggests Treliving approached Marner, Matthews, Nylander or Tavares for a trade.

All reliable reports suggest they want to stay here, which is all I suggested.

If anything, there are only reports Treliving wants to extend Marner and Tavares. He already extended Matthews and Nylander.

Reports actually suggested the signed of Nylander happened after shopping him and not liking the returns.

Do you think there are or were trades on the table for those players that would have helped this team?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
All reliable reports suggest they want to stay here, which is all I suggested.

Reports actually suggested the signed of Nylander happened after shopping him and not liking the returns.

Do you think there are or were trades on the table for those players that would have helped this team?

Most players want to stay on a team that doesn't want to trade them. They weren't shopped very much if at all, especially not Marner, Tavares or Matthews. So sounds like the players want to stay and the management want to keep them.

I don't think they ever shopped Nylander seriously and quite frankly I don't see anything that suggest they shopped him, moreso listened to offers -- and they still decided to give him an immense contract. So I'm not surprised they never receive anything remotely good enough to go that far. If they wanted to make a trade, I'm confident they could have found a pretty good deal in some way.

Probably? This is all speculation and we don't have any concrete reports of offers of any kind to talk about. Players didn't want to waive their NMCs when they weren't approached to do so for whatever reason that might be.

Reactions: ULF_55

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
If you think he's matured, you aren't paying attention.... sorry.
Do you have some inside knowledge I'm not aware of? Because the points I made with LL and Babcock at least somewhat answer that.

f you think what Matthews did ONE time, is worse, I'm not sure what to say. There are no reports Matthews had a run in with every coach. There aren't reports Matthews was suspended for insubordination.
Yes, I think pulling your pants down and harassing a security guard in public is worse than having an argument with your coach. Sorry.

I mean, I'll chalk it up to young kids doing dumb stuff, But the team isn't going to do anything; he's Auston Matthews, right? An in-house suspension, while warranted, would've just blown the story up even more.

Kadri's book, and inability to accept responsibilities, is proof... it's so obvious that it's laughable.
Have you even read it? I mean, even Nazem may admit to having issues when he was younger, but what do people want: a personal apology? It's not his fault they lost against Boston, and it's not his fault he was traded for junk.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Not sure I 100% believe he tried to trade him.
I could see him investigating trading him, seeing the potential return like you would with every player.

BUT!!!

If there was no interest in Nylander (that was serious) Treliving did not have to offer him $11.5mm.

Treliving would know the interest in Nylander, and if there was very little interest he wouldn't have to outbid teams for his service. To me either there was interest and it was enough interest that he had to overpay to keep him, or he is just a poor negotiator.

My guess Treliving investigated all the assets values that could be moved.

Reactions: LeafSteel

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
Not sure what the rush would be to resign Tavares. Wait it out, not sure how much of him is left at this point.

Reactions: jaric1862

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
It wouldn't matter if their were zero 2c's availible in FA next season, Tavares needs to be moved on from. Short of a sweetheart 2.5 or 3 mill a year deal it's time to move on.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I think now I will be surprised if Liljergren goes for anything more than future considerations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad