Post-Game Talk: Jets 4- Yotes 3 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
You're very sassy tonight ;)

It's just f***ing funny seeing the defense first geriatrics (not you) chest puffing over this team winning games on special teams and 3v3. This team was their dream in the first half and they've lost it lately chasing goals.

I'm happy the PP is alive but the 5v5 play has been very mid. I miss a 2 goal lead being a mountain for opposing teams to climb.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Nope. He looked good when he played by my eye. With Monahan out I would have preferred to see the Perfetti-Namestnikov-Ehlers line reunited considering how dominant it was, but Bowness seems intent on ham fisting Iafallo into a role that doesn't suit him instead of going with what has already been successful.
Kurt Overhardt not gonna like that

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Started off good in the first, then played hold the lead, allowing the Coyotes to eventually tie it. Luckily, the Jets won it in overtime, I think there certainly would have been a meltdown on this board had they lost. That goal by Gabriel Vilardi was so slick! I only give this game three "Raising Arizona's" out of five...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the St. Louis B-lose has been posted and, what's that...

giphy.gif

Yes indeed, not only did we have one tonight, we had three! Congratulations to @raideralex99, @Ggg99 and @jetsforever for correctly predicting the correct score, the correct team to win and the correct player to score the opening goal. They each receive a total of eight points for this feat! Way to go!

Thanks again to @AlphaLackey for the Raising Arizona inspired GDT today! No one has claimed the game on Tuesday, so if any of you feel up to it, why not sign up to make one.

I will be at the B-lose game, my first since before the pandemic, so I am looking forward to seeing a game live! As a result, the tabulation of the game results won't be done until the next morning. Good night all...

nicolascagesleep.gif

BarnabyJones PI

I'd kindly settle for a tall glass of milk.
I don't mind occasional bad/inconsistent play, unless it's self-inflicted... just wish it was somehow possible to try something else, not sure why certain lines and partnerships have to be predecided
Weren't there a ton of (non-stop) complaints over the past two years, about Scheifele's play? Guess which guy he wasn't playing with the over those two seasons?

I'd love to see KFC on the 2nd line, just to see that how he'll continue to produce in that spot (as he always has), yet people will still say stuff like "he needs everyone doing everything for him". Whether it be Scheifele, PLD, Stastny, or Little, it doesn't matter. None of whom ever had a +100 point season in the league I might add (nor 90).

FFS, a certain Jets "FAN" (wink wink) was making all the excuses in the world why Connor's two primary assists only happened because of X, Y, and Z. Who does that? They were PRIMARY assists vs the #1 team, and they both came in the 3rd period!

I love Scheifele, but I can think of a number of other centers in the league that KFC can play alongside, and put this debate to bed.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
It's just f***ing funny seeing the defense first geriatrics (not you) chest puffing over this team winning games on special teams and 3v3. This team was their dream in the first half and they've lost it lately chasing goals.

I'm happy the PP is alive but the 5v5 play has been very mid. I miss a 2 goal lead being a mountain for opposing teams to climb.
For the record I don't mean that in a negative way, English is the second language in my family to sass :laugh:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Kurt Overhardt not gonna like that
That's fine he can suck a big one :laugh: not much he can do until Perfetti hits free agency. I don't agree with it but I half expect Jets to bring in Nyquist and send Perfetti down for a playoff run with the Moose to build his confidence.

Last edited:

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Seriously people do you really expect a team to dominate for the full 60 minutes?
Yesterday the Avs, VGK and Bruins ALL blew a 2 goal lead and LOST the game the Ducks did too but they are a bottom feeder so that doesn't count.
Yes the Jets blew two 2 goal leads last 2 games but they WON.
Its how do the Jets play when they meet a top team that counts.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I'll take the win but we've come full circle. Getting beaten pretty handedly 5 on 5 by weak teams but getting saved by a red hot pp and 3 on 3.

Would be amazing if we could get all aspects of our game working at once.
Weird last weekend the Oilers were down 3-2 after 2 periods to the Coyotes and need a couple of PP goals to get going and win the game in the 3rd period and everyone thought it was great.

Reactions: Thechozen1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad