Player Discussion Jesse Puljujarvi Part 11: Solid Return Season Completed, How Does Next Season Go For the Big Finn?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
Despite being held pointless for two games, he is still T-6th in even strength points. I hope he starts shooting more though, only 17 shots thus far for a guy who has always had a shoot first mentality. He just has to trust himself more. What's great though, is that he still brings the compete in every game and never gives up a puck battle and still manages not to take many penalties. Even when is not scoring, he is creating space and loose pucks at a great rate.

P.S. Some other interesting stats: Draisaitl with +11 (+6 more than any other Oiler) and Hyman with the team lowest -4 despite playing stellar two-way hockey. Just tells you about how bad the stat is.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
Over ppg still

10P in 9GP

I'd have taken that all day before the season. Keep it up Jesse and start using that shot!
I have noticed that the more he produces the more I expect from him. Going pointless for two games felt like an eternity even though, as you said, he is still over PPG and has registered a point in every other game but those two.

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Yes it looks like a "party helmet

Do them in black would be more toned down and more
aesthetically right
Their new updated away helmets were leaked recently:

lg_88140-S25.jpg

Teemu Nymander

Aug 30, 2020
I can sense from Jesse, that he would like to at least occasionally play other PP roles too, not just the "stay in front of goalie" role. He has a great shot, can deliver great passes. What about sharing time with RNH for third key role. McD and Dry obviously won't change.

trick91

Jun 7, 2012
I can sense from Jesse, that he would like to at least occasionally play other PP roles too, not just the "stay in front of goalie" role. He has a great shot, can deliver great passes. What about sharing time with RNH for third key role. McD and Dry obviously won't change.

Why on earth would they change the powerplay with how its going so far. And a HELL NO to replacing RNH with Jesse, RNH is one of the reasons the powerplay has been so deadly.

Teemu Nymander

Aug 30, 2020
Why on earth would they change the powerplay with how its going so far. And a HELL NO to replacing RNH with Jesse, RNH is one of the reasons the powerplay has been so deadly.
We are too dependent on having some guys MCD DRY RNH playing entire power play. If they get injured they are hard to replace if others never get a chance to play other than staying in front of net. We cannot just optimize short term benefits, but build capabilities where we have options going forward. And when we enter spring we cannot have those three guys playing every minute of power play - or we can forget the cup. We need to share load more.

Reactions: Biltmore and Whyme

Teemu Nymander

Aug 30, 2020
Especially when we lead by several goals, why don't we build options and strengthen other players and their capabilites. Well - if we want to maximize points of McD and Dry then this is understandable. If we want to maximize our chances to win the cup, we don't use them for all of powerplay when we have a safe lead.

Reactions: Biltmore

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I think Jesse may have listened to some of you guys after the earlier suggestions I read!:laugh:

Maybe he did, or maybe the Buffalo King of Elk Island that he met with imparted his wisdom that day.

We'll never know for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad