Tribute Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Goodbye and Good Luck part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Yeah it doesn't make any sense at all.

Dreger's info are clearly agent side.

"I don't care, I don't believe it" reminds me of flat earthers. Evidences doesn't matter.
Must be nice to live life and warp reality to whatever fits your narrative and everything else is fake news. Sounds familiar :doh:

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Well, listening to Macramalla 0n 690, he said that he spoke to someone inside the org this past weekend, said they saw warnings signs around his attitude all season around his maturity level, basically acting like he was better then he was.

I think KK will be fine long term but you cant have that attitude in a team environment without a willingness to learn, hope he matures over the long term if that's the case

Reactions: Ozmodiar

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Another thing that proves that drafting KK was a debacle from day one
Not sure, as Marc Denis said this morning, drafting KK was based on what he had accomplished at a much younger age vs his peers. Habs took an educated guess KKs development curve would continue vs Zadina, Tkachuk et al.

Only time will tell whether Habs picked the wrong player, couldn’t develop the asset properly or a combo of both

Reactions: Garbox

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Well, listening to Macramalla 0n 690, he said that he spoke to someone inside the org this past weekend, said they saw warnings signs around his attitude all season around his maturity level, basically acting like he was better then he was.

I think KK will be fine long term but you cant have that attitude in a team environment without a willingness to learn, hope he matures over the long term if that's the case
You could see this in his play.
He had a long stretch where he kept losing the puck after entering the offensive zone. I recall thinking “get it deep” or “you’re not skilled enough to do that” … but he kept trying losing the puck.

Not surprised to hear about issues with self-assessment or buy-in.

Reactions: angusyoung

RealityHurts

Feb 24, 2020
I wished we'd stop talking about KK already.

He was never able to realize his potential in Montreal and was a bit of a baby when benched.

I rather take my shot with what we got in return from Carolina. Hopefully fortune instills upon us a top 5 pick. What's the worst that can happen? KK becomes a star elsewhere? Nothing points towards him doing the same here. Thus, I'd rather we're consequently worst off and draft earlier eventually because of this.

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
I wished we'd stop talking about KK already.

He was never able to realize his potential in Montreal and was a bit of a baby when benched.

I rather take my shot with what we got in return from Carolina. Hopefully fortune instills upon us a top 5 pick. What's the worst that can happen? KK becomes a star elsewhere? Nothing points towards him doing the same here. Thus, I'd rather we're consequently worst off and draft earlier eventually because of this.

Players with shitty attitudes have found success before.KK just did not have that much potential to begin with.that's the thing.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Kotkaniemi always had that tinge of arrogance and immaturity about him.He's not as half as good as he thinks he is.I guess making big money and playing in the NHL at 18 will do that to some kids who aren't mentally prepared for it. Anyway,pyjama boy is the enemy now.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I know, anyone thinking dreger is linked to the habs Pr, has not been following the Toronto centric hockey media the last 10 years lol

So which is it , does he have inside information or is he not close to the organization? It's hard to imagine that both these things aren't mutually exclusive.

It wouldn't be a hard guess either that a 3rd overall who's scratched in the finals might be a sign of something brewing...

Let's just say that the report could have been anything(misbehaviour,mafia,drugs...) and some here would have still eaten it up with zero doubt...

The real question for me is how many 1st round fumbles are the Habs allowed before we stop automatically pointing the finger at the player?

BarracudaMtl

Apr 15, 2018
Good luck to you KK...

giphy.gif

Now. GO HABS GO!

Reactions: Bacchus1 and Max2

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
So which is it , does he have inside information or is he not close to the organization? It's hard to imagine that both these things aren't mutually exclusive.

It wouldn't be a hard guess either that a 3rd overall who's scratched in the finals might be a sign of something brewing...

Let's just say that the report could have been anything(misbehaviour,mafia,drugs...) and some here would have still eaten it up with zero doubt...

The real question for me is how many 1st round fumbles are the Habs allowed before we stop automatically pointing the finger at the player?

He could have agent information but not organization information, fwiw

Reactions: tazsub3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad