Tribute Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Goodbye and Good Luck part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
That's very doubtful. They might have traded for Dvorak regardless, but the Kotkaniemi situation was clearly just a culmination of a longer process. I don't think there was anything that could have been done this off-season to avoid the scenario that materialized.
Agreed....it seemed KK and his agent, wanted out....right or wrong, they helped cultivate this situation.
MB salvaged the whole thing by getting Dvorak...we are a better team with Dvorak and Evans, in the chairs that KK and Danault were sitting in...
It will be curious to see KK and his results this year......I think he has a decent season based on his usage, which is what he and his agent wanted....he would have gotten this from our coaching staff, but it would have been at 3M not 6.1M and I certainly don't blame him at all, for taking the cash....

Reactions: DAChampion

Woland

Mar 10, 2007
Montreal
he should be grateful the Habs gave him an opportunity so early...he didn't show much in return.

have fun in your empty arena KK.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Imagine if he become a better player than Nick Suzuki lol.

It could happen. You can't teach the size advantage that KK has over Suzuki. KK may make us regret how we handled him. I think Suzuki will be more effective for the rest of their careers, but KK has been underrated by most on this board IMO, and could prove me wrong in the future in regards to Suzuki being the better player. KK's situation is something that can be blame on MB, and I'm someone that thinks that MB has been doing really well as a GM of this club over the last two years. However, many bad decisions were made that affected KK's development and his relationship with the team.

Last edited:

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
That was a nice goal but the majority of NHL players can score on an opportunity like that, lets see how the season goes for him. He might turn out to be a great player and if he does, good for him but like Danault, he took the money and moved on, not much anyone can do about that. Cheers to both of them.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Recent results? The Habs went to the SC finals. Despite how hard many on this board try to diminish that result, it's still a result you can't ignore.

They did (and it was a great run), but do you think they get past the 2nd round if they had to face Tampa like Carolina did?

Carolina was 3rd overall in points last season and ended up facing a great team in Tampa in the 2nd round. Carolina is a better team than Montreal, I wish that wasn’t true but it’s realistic.

Reactions: Runner77

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
That was a nice goal but the majority of NHL players can score on an opportunity like that, lets see how the season goes for him. He might turn out to be a great player and if he does, good for him but like Danault, he took the money and moved on, not much anyone can do about that. Cheers to both of them.

Nice goal I agree OC, but in the same breath TampaBay had Maxime Lagace in their net not an NHL caliber goalie.

Can't wait for the real season to begin.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Jul 6, 2016
It's pretty obvious that KK will have his best season this year and will possibly keep progressing from there.

1- 6,1M $ is a good kick in the pants
2- Playing LW instead of center with two very good teamates will help him tremendously
3- No (minimum) media and fans pressure like in MTL.

Habs made huge mistakes about him - drafting and keeping him at 18, and the kid did not help himself by not listening to his coaches. Reminds me Galchy who, like KK, has a dad who is a coach.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
;);)
2 pts for KK < 4 pts for Dvorak ;)

Lol..;) .just remember Dvorak scored his points on Torontos best goalies Campbell/ Mrázek

KK scored his points on a Ahl goalie who has a NHL goals against avg near 4.00

Last edited:

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
It's pretty obvious that KK will have his best season this year and will possibly keep progressing from there.

1- 6,1M $ is a good kick in the pants
2- Playing LW instead of center with two very good teamates will help him tremendously
3- No (minimum) media and fans pressure like in MTL.

Habs made huge mistakes about him - drafting and keeping him at 18, and the kid did not help himself by not listening to his coaches. Reminds me Galchy who, like KK, has a dad who is a coach.
Imagine the chaos here if it was happening in Montreal...

Reactions: 1909 and Ozmodiar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad