Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII- As featured in Episode 3 of Amazon's "FACEOFF: Inside the NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 53 21.0%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 68 27.0%
  • Trade

Votes: 131 52.0%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Dan on Team Felger now.

That should make you question things.
I haven’t been listening to Felger today - was going by 10-2 shows in and out of car

Most of my friends are 40-60 year old white guys, who drink bourbon, smoke cigars, own guns, golf weekly and think Swayman is soft,

However, hopefully they don’t represent the majority lol

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I've never seen the board more pro management. I don't know how to take that since I think the rest of the population interested in this type of thing seem more evenly dividided.
Yeah if you look at the timeline of events the Bruins fired first with the false 10 mil dollar ask. Gross responded on that podcast. Then you had the McAvoy money thing. Seems like things were stuck at 7.5-7.8 vs 9.5 for a bit....Then Neely's bollox (which is applauded here for some reason) and then the "high 8's low 9's" from Swayman apparently. There are clearly leaks on both sides yet Swayman is the one taking the brunt of it for an interview he did and then today for a tv show done months ago.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
A decision not made in a vacuum.
Of course not.

Do you think the Bruins' offer was too low so they opted for arbitration? First, we don't know what the Bruins' offer was. Second, as an agent Gross should know that most of the time arbitrators make their awards by splitting down the middle, ensuring that neither the team nor the player gets everything they want. Did he really think he could hit the jackpot for his client by going to arbitration??? I'd love to know what he told Swayman to get him to agree to it especially in light of Swayman's later comments on the process.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
that's fair. I see the body of work thus far and don't even think he's begun to scratch the surface. he just has "it" IMO.
That Swayman was pissed and made a list and 1. Not trustworthy in playoffs. Then went out there and was outstanding supports your view to me

I hope he goes all Tim Thomas 2010-11

Reactions: NDiesel

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Of course not.

Do you think the Bruins' offer was too low so they opted for arbitration? First, we don't know what the Bruins' offer was. Second, as an agent Gross should know that most of the time arbitrators make their awards by splitting down the middle, ensuring that neither the team nor the player gets everything they want. Did he really think he could hit the jackpot for his client by going to arbitration??? I'd love to know what he told Swayman to get him to agree to it especially in light of Swayman's later comments on the process.

100%, based on their history and the numbers that have been made public. Don Sweeney should know being antagonistic with a core member and future piece should be seen as unwise.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Absolutely and it would go over here like hot cakes. All he has to say is "They didn't accept our 'offer', so that's no longer on the table." You are telling me that wouldn't be applauded by fans (based on the reactions of people here)?

If it was me, I'd sign my young franchise goalie and try to get out of the 2nd round of the playoffs.

That's just me though.
They tried that the last two years .....didn't happen.
23....Lost game 7 and out.
24....Lost game 6 game and out.

Swaymans good , but this ain't 2020 Vasilevskiy were talking about here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bodit9

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I mean they would have traded him instead of Ullmark if they didn’t feel he was big time imo
That's the thing that bothers me from the Bruins side. You obviously believed in him enough to trade a solid goalie option, so why not commit and just pay him. Maybe Sway truly is asking for the moon and not budging, or does management really think 8 mil vs 8.5 mil is worth pissing him off?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
You're essentially paying a goalie $8M+ after having a great playoff round.

He's never been "the guy" other than a playoff series.

I thought he had a good go in the post season, but man, 8 million dollars and he's not taking it? That's a bit silly to me, I'm sorry. Reality has to set in at some point.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Not a single offer sheet yet. Other GMs probably not buying what swayman and his agent are selling either and see the drama this player brings
Well, there was thoughts that PA might be behind this, just maybe the league is making a statement of their own.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad