Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -VI President Cam Speaks: Monty, Donny, & Charlie too!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Mod edit: @smithformeragent

As this situation continues to drag on:

Please keep the conversation pertinent to the topic and avoid making it personal.

Debate about the management of the salary cap and the performance of the general manager fits into the context of the conversation, but we’ll avoid dividing fans into camps like “pro-player” and “team apologist”.

Thanks!

Continue if you must. No flaming!

Last edited by a moderator:

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I feel that the Bruins made it clear they didn't want this to be negotiated in the media. While the 8x8 offer looks fairly reasonable, this whole gambit is going to fall pretty flat, if Swayman's camp has been sitting at 8.5 and they thought they were still negotiating NTCs. I wouldn't be surprised if going nuclear leads to a departure, when an 8 year contract was within reach. I will never know all the details, but I feel like fans on this board are celebrating these comments, and I am more concerned.

I hope we still get that 8 year deal, but I'm no longer counting on it being just a matter of time.

Reactions: Carl Hungus

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
If it was good enough Swayman would have signed, no? The $9.5 million isn't my number, its based on the rumor that he wants the McAvoy deal. With the cap expected to have strong yearly raises now that escrow has been paid back, what's $400k to $800k more from where you want to be to get this over the finish line?

Those slight overpayment add up fast.

Reactions: Bodit9

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I think it's clear that management is still smarting from the comments from Bissonette with regards to not returning phone calls for three weeks.

A message was sent today with the "64 million reasons".

Cam could have easily said "We made what we feel is a fair, significant offer to invest in Jeremy and our team. The details will remain between Jeremy, his representatives, and the club. We respect the process."

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I mean swayman definitely sounded bad complaining in that interview, but bruins management opening talking about it and having Neely say “oh there’s $64 million reasons why swayman should be playing”

Then when talking about the figure Neely chiming in saying he was surprised.

I don’t think this is a good look for anyone involved. Everyone acting like a bunch of children.

Everyone was fawning over Marchand saying he keep contract negotiations private.

But now those same people love bruins management speaking about swaymans contract demands in a degrogatory manner.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
The difference is both sides have been using the media and then Neely decided to go unprofessional and nuked it. “We really want Jeremy regardless of the fact he’s a greedy person. Be sure to cheer him on regardless after we sign it”

I want sway signed too. But grasping at straws here imo. If sways camp leaked the “low ball” and “unresponsive” stuff, I don’t see how this isn’t an equal caliber response?

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I want sway signed too. But grasping at straws here imo. If sways camp leaked the “low ball” and “unresponsive” stuff, I don’t see how this isn’t an equal caliber response?
Leaking is one thing both sides did it. For the president of the team to say that? lol. Talk about thin skin

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
But it is the quote Im talking about. A question directed to and responded to by Cam.

Ok well I’m talking about the interjection on the one I quoted.

I understand that’s the one you’re taking about. Which would be fair if that was the only thing cam Neely said.

However it wasn’t. But if you want to play that game then go for it.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
This is different than a player at any other position sitting out because there's such a singular focus on goaltending.

It's a very individual position.

If this thing doesn't get resolved, the microscope over Korpisalo and Bussi will be intense.

I'm dreading the GDT posts of "Swayman would have saved that" and "If Swayman's in net, that's two points in the standings."

Reactions: BMC

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Swayman and his agent made contract negotiations public when news came out that the Bruins haven't returned Gross' calls for three weeks, and that the Bruins are low-balling Swayman.

Sweeney and Neely deserve the criticism they get, heck I have shit on Neely a few times, but this management team has never made any trade discussions or contract negotiations public to anyone.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Swayman and his agent made contract negotiations public when news came out that the Bruins haven't returned Gross' calls for three weeks, and that the Bruins are low-balling Swayman.

Sweeney and Neely deserve the criticism they get, heck I have shit on Neely a few times, but this management team has never made any trade discussions or contract negotiations public to anyone.
Yep.

That was an initial shot across the bow.

Today was the retaliatory return fire.

Make no mistake about it. Everything both sides says and does is calculated.

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
Bad look by management here crying to the media about this. Can tell it’s getting under managements skin.

Certainly doesn’t look good around the league to have Cam Neely making comments saying “swayman has $64 million reasons to be playing right now”

Players and agents are definitely taking note.
are they crying or are they offering an unproven full time goal tender top 5 money and hes telling podcasters that hes being insulted by offers? bc it doesnt really feel like crying to me, it feels like a direct message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad