Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -neither elect arbitration (page 16)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
There is almost no question that one of them is getting dealt in the offseason, most likely Ullmark.The Bruins need that cap space to bolster their forward group.
But what good is doing this in the offseason when you never know year to year if you will be a true contender? It looks like this team is a contender. Be bold. Ride them both until the deadline and then pull the trigger on dealing Ullmark. We have already seen the Ullmark/Swayman playoff pretzel two years in a row where two different coaches have gone with Ullmark to start and then you are trying to identify the right time to insert Swayman in a short best of 7 series. Eliminate that issue entirely.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I bet the trade happens in the off season, if it happens. And Sway is here to stay.

The off season should allow for teams that are interested/in need of a #1 goalie to afford Ullmark without having to take much/any salary back nor reducing the return. But ride them both this year, its out best shot to cause real noise in the playoffs, and we'd either have to take cap or a lesser return back this year.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
What an absolute stud. Lucky the leafs didn’t take him. Word is they were scouting him but opted with Ian Scott. Thank the lord.

Why? Why not roll both of them. It’s working really well. If they did the same thing in the playoffs instead of trying to roll with one goalie they would probably do a lot better. I don’t understand why they didn’t.
Its not working well. We lost to the worst goaltending imaginable last year. Last 2 coaches can't make the obvious common sense decisions on the playoffs.

Bussi is legit and 3 years of him on an ELC lets us add scoring depth.

I like Ullmark but nows the time to turn the job over to Sway full time.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Its not working well. We lost to the worst goaltending imaginable last year. Last 2 coaches can't make the obvious common sense decisions on the playoffs.

Bussi is legit and 3 years of him on an ELC lets us add scoring depth.

I like Ullmark but nows the time to turn the job over to Sway full time.

Bussi ELC ended last season. He is signed for this year and is a RFA at the end of the year, and might be a UFA the year after that if he only signs a 1 year deal this summer. So my guess is if they plan to move to backup next year, they are likely to try to sign Bussi to a 2-3 year deal in the 1.5 million range

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I agree. Swayman and Bussi are the future.

Need to lockup Swayman to a long term contract. 8 x 6m per?
Man if he'd take 8x6m I think I'd take it. Hes worth that per year, but its so scary to go long term with Goalies. If they offer him that term, I trust it though. He's 24, seems to only improve, and it's not like we have a history of goalies falling off a cliff.

That contract would have potential to be an absolute steal.

Reactions: rocketdan9

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

Haggerty: Swayman Ascending For Bruins​

1699389554679.png

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Man if he'd take 8x6m I think I'd take it. Hes worth that per year, but its so scary to go long term with Goalies. If they offer him that term, I trust it though. He's 24, seems to only improve, and it's not like we have a history of goalies falling off a cliff.

That contract would have potential to be an absolute steal.
No, just off a curb! LOL

Gifu

Dec 17, 2021
Assuming the Bruins and Swayman sign a long extension - at least 5 years, how much do you think the AAV would be?

I have thought that it would be at least 7.5 million/year.

I'm not an expert, so it would be nice to hear others thoughts.

Last edited:

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Assuming the Bruins and Swayman sign a long extension - at least 5 years, how much do you think the AAV would be?

I have thought that it would be at least 7.5 million/year.

I'm not an expert, so it would be nice to hear others thoughts.
I think you are on the number if he wants to stay in Boston. I think because he is presently and if he stays at the #2 goalie in the NHL is will be pulled to go elsewhere for 9 to 10 M. We, honestly, don't know how much bad taste in his mouth the arbitration left. We also don't know how strong his love and bond is with Ullmark, Sweeney will be dumping Ullmark, Swayman may follow or leave pissed off. These are two of the closest player I have seen or read about in the NHL. I think that will be a deciding factor for Swayman. I think he would leave for less to be with Ullmark, my opinion.

Reactions: Gifu

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Reactions: Gifu

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Didn't Milbury say the Bruins should have undergone a rebuild last season right before they became the most winning-est team in NHL history?

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Didn't Milbury say the Bruins should have undergone a rebuild last season right before they became the most winning-est team in NHL history?
To be fair that was a pretty common bad take at that time, they just fired their coach, team had some old pieces, people instantly scream for rebuild.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
To be fair that was a pretty common bad take at that time, they just fired their coach, team had some old pieces, people instantly scream for rebuild.

Yes it was going around, but those that were asking for a rebuild were not in tune with Don Sweeney or his bosses. Boston does not do rebuilds, and really, they haven't had to, which, love or hate them, is a testament to Sweeneely's skills.

Reactions: The National

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Yes it was going around, but those that were asking for a rebuild were not in tune with Don Sweeney or his bosses. Boston does not do rebuilds, and really, they haven't had to, which, love or hate them, is a testament to Sweeneely's skills.
Yeah that and it was never really necessary, they have young/in prime high end at every spot other than center. Roster is too good to rebuild.

Reactions: Dr Hook

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I think one will definitely get moved but not until the offseason probably Ullmark,but if the return was substantial I wouldn’t have a problem if they did it this season.
They’ll screw up the goaltending in the playoffs with both like we have the last 3 years. Gifted a series to an awful Isles team with Rask badly injured lost to the Canes when Tony Deangelo was their best player and Ullmark and Sway went down to Bobrovski and his 4.00 GAA.

A trade is probably the only way they don’t screw it up again.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
It’s too bad we can’t keep both goalies. I really like both of these guys personality wise & they’re both top notch players. Salary cap world..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad