Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -neither elect arbitration (page 16)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
Sway is playing like a #1 goalie. Ullmark not so much.

Maybe this is the year where Swayman plays the majority of the games? Ullmark looked bad against Detroit in the 3rd period.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Sway is playing like a #1 goalie. Ullmark not so much.

Maybe this is the year where Swayman plays the majority of the games? Ullmark looked bad against Detroit in the 3rd period.

Ullmark had one bad game. He’s still going fine. It just seems worse because it pales in comparison to what swayman is doing. Not ullmarks fault tho.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
So many suggestions to move away from the rotation.. How quick we are to forget what happened this past spring.

Stay the course.

Also, this kid is ON ONE. And I love the low key feistiness he brings with guys out front of his net. Subtle and sneaky.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
What an absolute stud. Lucky the leafs didn’t take him. Word is they were scouting him but opted with Ian Scott. Thank the lord.

Time to move Ullmark, get some assets and give Swayman the keys
Why? Why not roll both of them. It’s working really well. If they did the same thing in the playoffs instead of trying to roll with one goalie they would probably do a lot better. I don’t understand why they didn’t.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Time to move Ullmark, get some assets and give Swayman the keys
I wouldn't do this now. Continue riding both guys as that keeps them fresh and it's your best path to accumulating points. Trade deadline though? If Swayman keeps this up I am definitely looking to trade Ullmark. Trade him to a western conference contender. If the Oilers climb back into it maybe they would be interested. Something like that. Then see if you can do something with the potential cap space. I see no reason to keep both of these guys for the playoffs. We have seen that movie before multiple times and it has failed multiple times.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
What an absolute stud. Lucky the leafs didn’t take him. Word is they were scouting him but opted with Ian Scott. Thank the lord.

Why? Why not roll both of them. It’s working really well. If they did the same thing in the playoffs instead of trying to roll with one goalie they would probably do a lot better. I don’t understand why they didn’t.

Because 2 years in a row Ullmark has pissed down his own leg in the playoffs and his prorated $5m of cap space will go a long way at the deadline

Reactions: Johnnyduke

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Because 2 years in a row Ullmark has pissed down his own leg in the playoffs and his prorated $5m of cap space will go a long way at the deadline

He is also the best asset you have to deal. Not sure there is going to be a ton of activity at this deadline.

the only thing i am sure of is Swayman is the guy I am building around

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Swayman is the future here. Ullmark, though still prime in goalie age terms, is the placeholder. That is how I see it, even though I like Linus a lot and always feel happy when he is in the cage. If I had to choose, I take Sway every time, but I don't envy DS the decision he'll have to make in the pretty near future.

Reactions: Kegs and JoeIsAStud

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Bussi has been terrible up until recently down in Providence.

People really need to be careful what the wish for.
Well I didn't wish for back to back first round exits involving a complete mess in goal but that's what has happened. So I am ready to embrace a shake up/different approach if you can then make the team better in another area.

Swayman is certainly the future, but a trade involving Ullmark has to bring in a vet backup
You could find that in a separate deal if needed.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Well I didn't wish for back to back first round exits involving a complete mess in goal but that's what has happened. So I am ready to embrace a shake up/different approach if you can then make the team better in another area.

You could find that in a separate deal if needed.
I'll keep Ullmark over Bussi all day, everyday and twice on Sundays.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I'll keep Ullmark over Bussi all day, everyday and twice on Sundays.
That's fine, keep Ullmark and Swayman all the way through the playoffs. I'm not sure anything will change. When if you trade Ullmark and ride Swayman you have a chance to improve another area on the team. You could also find a cheaper backup somewhere instead of Bussi. I just think it's something Sweeney has to consider.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
That's fine, keep Ullmark and Swayman all the way through the playoffs. I'm not sure anything will change. When if you trade Ullmark and ride Swayman you have a chance to improve another area on the team. You could also find a cheaper backup somewhere instead of Bussi. I just think it's something Sweeney has to consider.
I am sure he will absolutely consider it during the offseason but for now, just let them ride. No need to mess with what is working and is a strength for the team.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
He is also the best asset you have to deal. Not sure there is going to be a ton of activity at this deadline.

the only thing i am sure of is Swayman is the guy I am building around
There is almost no question that one of them is getting dealt in the offseason, most likely Ullmark.The Bruins need that cap space to bolster their forward group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad