Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman IV - even more nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pemulis

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2008
postdocing in Sydney
I’ve asked this before… What contract would you be UNhappy with? Consider term and AAV.

For me, it used to be anything less than eight years. Any realistic AAV was going to be fine with me. Now? Now I’m concerned that the cap hit will be north of reasonable and I’ve become open to the idea of a medium-term contract.

<3 years I will be critical of (unless somehow it’s quite cheap)

And any cap hit that necessitates moving a player or running a skeleton crew to make the cap work this season.

Anything inside of those parameters, I should be happy with. Should be.
I mostly agree. The thing that's been in the back of my mind is that every time they go to the negotiating table it seems like it's been a mess, each party is way off on expectations and are unable to meet in the middle. These negotiations tend to end with someone being upset. Plus, he won't be a RFA next time, so there is no guarantee he stays.

Because of that, I loathe the idea of another negotiation in 3-4 years.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
He is usually full of shit.
I checked him out before on something and the paper he writes for in previous articles the New York Herald ceased I think in 1924

He changed it to Herald and 24

Before the blue mark he was nobody now he’s a nobody with a blue check mark

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Final guess 8x$8.25million
If it’s 8 years I could see that 8/66; surely 8 years at 64 to 68 M is ball park

However sounds like they may have landed at

6/50 ~ 8.3 M

Swayman can get another contract at 31

I’m good with either ~ 6 years a long time especially with a goalie

If it’s 6/50 I am Bruins I’m very happy and I’m Swayman I’m happy

And as a fan of Swayman and the Bruins and of joy / I’m happy

Win, win, win

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I mostly agree. The thing that's been in the back of my mind is that every time they go to the negotiating table it seems like it's been a mess, each party is way off on expectations and are unable to meet in the middle. These negotiations tend to end with someone being upset. Plus, he won't be a RFA next time, so there is no guarantee he stays.

Because of that, I loathe the idea of another negotiation in 3-4 years.

I fully agree. Sway and his agent definitely seem to drive a hard bargain, and that's their right, but it would be nice to see the next negotiating process involving them kicked as far down the road as possible. Locks Sway up for longer, and it's almost certain that a longer-term deal will age better as the cap goes up, even if the AAV initially feels very high. Sure a long contract carries some risk, but I think it's justifiable. Here's to hoping we see a 7+ year deal finalized very soon.

Last edited:

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
It keeps being repeated to you that the other comps for Swayman at this stage in his career (Saros, Helly, Demko, Shesterkin) all took 4-6 year deals and yes you keep repeating this. Its truly mind numbing.
4 years is a dumb offer, sorry. Never said anything about 6. Going with the Rask extension comp, 6 would be great if you can get it as the Bruins, ideal actually. He shouldn't sign for anything under 8, guess we will see soon.

If it’s 8 years I could see that 8/66; surely 8 years at 64 to 68 M is ball park

However sounds like they may have landed at

6/50 ~ 8.3 M

Swayman can get another contract at 31

I’m good with either ~ 6 years a long time especially with a goalie

If it’s 6/50 I am Bruins I’m very happy and I’m Swayman I’m happy

And as a fan of Swayman and the Bruins and of joy / I’m happy

Win, win, win
would be an exceptional job all parties. Sets a new goalie market, Bruins reward him yet get the ed of the deal at 31 and not 33, Here;s to hoping.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I’ve asked this before… What contract would you be UNhappy with? Consider term and AAV.

For me, it used to be anything less than eight years. Any realistic AAV was going to be fine with me. Now? Now I’m concerned that the cap hit will be north of reasonable and I’ve become open to the idea of a medium-term contract.

And any cap hit that necessitates moving a player or running a skeleton crew to make the cap work this season.

none. Get Swayman in here. If they can get him for less and he agrees more power to them, just don't nickel and dime him. Don't expect him top take a 4 year deal at sub 7, that's just lunacy.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Hello Dom. Are you hearing the same. I know you’ve been waiting by the phone. Do you have any insight on aav or term?
I've got nothing new and nothing on what the contract would look like. The Bruins are as tight lipped as Wally's finger on the ban button. If you message anyone on the Bruins asking about it, all you get is a 👀

My guess? If you don't hear before the Sweeney presser today, then it's not happening today. That's my hunch.

Y'all are gonna know before me. I have a day filled with intrusive medical tests starting in the next hour with no access to the internet. So the first thing I will do when I can is check here for a signing. Or not.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
We hear it’s done and not even close to done. Lol

At this point just got to roll with the punches. Hopefully Korp and Bussi look great in camp and starts to make Swayman sweat a little

Reactions: GordonHowe

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I've got nothing new and nothing on what the contract would look like. The Bruins are as tight lipped as Wally's finger on the ban button. If you message anyone on the Bruins asking about it, all you get is a 👀

My guess? If you don't hear before the Sweeney presser today, then it's not happening today. That's my hunch.

Y'all are gonna know before me. I have a day filled with intrusive medical tests starting in the next hour with no access to the internet. So the first thing I will do when I can is check here for a signing. Or not.
Good luck today. Thanks for all you do.

Looking forward to catching the podcast today, as last night I was too busy to catch the whole thing.

Reactions: Ladyfan

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
images.jpeg

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

A two year deal at any number. That's the kind of term that should lead to a new GM before the ink is dry on Jeremy's signature.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Unlike under the prior regime, under Sweeney there aren't any leaks and this is no exception

Months ago I guessed 8x$8.25 .....I would still take that for both term and AAV

Whatever the final contract- it needs to get done so this isn't an on-going distraction during camp and we can go back to discussing whether Lysell is the answer at wing.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Unlike under the prior regime, under Sweeney there aren't any leaks and this is no exception

Months ago I guessed 8x$8.25 .....I would still take that for both term and AAV

Whatever the final contract- it needs to get done so this isn't an on-going distraction during camp and we can go back to discussing whether Lysell is the answer at wing.
It is amazing that after all these years people still think the Bruins are the leakers.

Don Sweeney is not Loose Lips Chiarelli

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Good luck with the tests!

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Good luck today Dom!

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
A clear disagreement then.

In my view, there is no way the Bruins will allow Brandon Bussi on waivers, as he would surely be claimed.

That's about all I can say. Again, I do not understand the waiver situation, numbers blah f***ing blah.

But if I could, I would do as outlined previously.
You are right does not matter where Kopaslo collects his paycheck, Providence or Boston, and they waive Bussi, he is history in this town.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad