Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman IV - even more nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Don Sweeney is just plain dumb. Swagman is a top tier, young goalie who is great on and off the ice and wants to play here. Sign the damn kid. Give him his 8X8Mil and call it a day. It's the price of elite goaltending. You are paying for future performance and there is nothing that says Sway will regress...kid has an amazing track record and should only improve. Pick your battles Donnie and this aint one.
When did they battle ?

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I may have misinterpreted the intent there.

All I'm saying is that Brandon Bussi should in no way be up for grabs to anyone.

I feel like the legend of Bussi is way beyond the player. He was a good but not excellent College goalie. He's been good in Providence. He's already 26, and heading to unrestricted FA next summer, so if he plays well he's gone

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I feel like the legend of Bussi is way beyond the player. He was a good but not excellent College goalie. He's been good in Providence. He's already 26, and heading to unrestricted FA next summer, so if he plays well he's gone
To begin with, most goaltenders do not mature until their late twenties. 26 is actually quite young for any NHL goaltender.

I do not peg Brandon Bussi as the second coming of Terry Sawchuk.

I only mean to say that Bussi is a legitimate goaltending prospect who has played well, and who would be instantly snapped up off the waiver wire.

Korpi, his record (albeit with nothing in front of him) and his contract - I don't see any club eager to take him on anytime soon.

If it were up to me and, and thank God for the rest of you it's not, if possible I would start JK in Providence and install Brandon Bussi as Swayman's number two to begin the season.

I am not certain of the waiver implications of doing so, but if possible, that would be my course.

Korpi can conceivably get his game back in the AHL, goalie Bob can coach him up for an NHL return, and either he will be an appropriate backup for Swayman or, after proving himself to whatever degree, trade bait at the deadline or prior.

Last edited:
Reactions: shelbysdad

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
To begin with, most goaltenders do not mature until they're late twenties.

I do not peg Brandon Bussey as the second coming of Terry Sawchuk.

I only mean to say that Bussi is a legitimate goaltending prospect who has played well, and who would be instantly snapped up off the waiver wire.

Korpi, his record (albeit with nothing in front of him) and his contract - I don't see any club eager to finagle him.

If it were up to me and, and thank God it's not, if possible I would start JK in Providence and install Brandon Bussi as Swayman's number two to begin the season.

I am not certain of the waiver implications doing so, but if possible, that would be my play.

Korpi can conceivably get his game back in the ahl, goalie Bob can coach him up, and either he will be an appropriate backup for swimming, or perhaps, after proving himself to whatever degree, trade bait at the deadline or before.

It is very difficult to see the signing of Korpisalo as anything other than a vote of no confidence in Bussi. Which is not to say there's no hope for him in Boston, but he's going to battling uphill to earn a spot. There's no way the Bruins acquired Joonas and his $3 mil cap hit to stick him in Providence. Barring injury, he's going to get first crack alongside Sway which means waivers for Bussi. If he clears, then yeah maybe he can fight his way up from the AHL, if not he can try his luck elsewhere. Basically at this point Sweeney is prepared to lose him.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Donny said it best kicked it down the road

sway should be happy he did better than I thought
Don had to shuffle a couple things in the Penske file, get that all important Max Jones contract signed, send a fruit basket to Loretta Lynch, check in on Milan L., and get TyJo a PTO.

Swayman was a bit down the list, near "buy Mother in Law a birthday present".

Harvard Management School 101- Prioritize.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Don had to shuffle a couple things in the Penske file, get that all important Max Jones contract signed, send a fruit basket to Loretta Lynch, check in on Milan L., and get TyJo a PTO.

Swayman was a bit down the list, near "buy Mother in Law a birthday present".

Harvard Management School 101- Prioritize.
Haha maybe he’s a procrastinator

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Every Bruins fan waiting for this signing to finally happen!

IMG_6681.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BMC

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Unfortunately if and when he signs it won’t end this debate from the seventh circle of hell. There will be a bunch of liking the contract or hating it.
Just a guess but it’s probably going to come out pretty fair to both - Swayman was in a good position of strength

All’s well ends well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad