Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman IV - even more nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
IMG_0558.jpeg

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Well here we are, training camp starts tomorrow. I'm starting to think we've seen the last of Swayman in a Bruins uniform. Hopefully they can get some decent picks out of his rights and take on some salary via trade to build up the team elsewhere.

Bussi & Korpisalo, you're up.
Take it easy. Did you think the same of Pastrnak, McAvoy and Carlo when they weren't signed on day 1 of camp?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Come on. The guy asked for a Rask deal plus inflation. Not only is it a great comp it was with the same team.

4/6.4 two years before UFA status is insulting. A 2mil arbitration number is insulting.

Plus you’re cool with the no call backs in 3 weeks? Sounds like a great tactic.

it's not a great comp. Rask already had a year of being the #1 guy while Swayman has platoon'ed - not his fault, but it is what it is.

Reactions: YukonCornelius

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
I hate that it has come to this but it is probably just the necessary next step in the process for Swayman to hold out. That's his only leverage to force the Bruins to rethink their offer that he apparently is not going to accept, not yet at least. The priority at this point of course is to keep the holdout as brief as possible. Everybody will lose if it goes long enough to hamper his preparation. I don't really care who "wins" the contract tussle, only that they get past it ASAP.

Don't worry too much, there are plenty of examples of contract situations that went this direction and things ended up okay between the player and team when all was said and done. There are players who grudgingly signed bridge deals and then longer extensions later, players who held out and a deal ultimately got done, tough talk exchanged in the press that faded away in time, etc. As somebody here likes to say, it's always about the money and as long as that eventually lands in the right spot, everybody gets happy fast.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I hate that it has come to this but it is probably just the necessary next step in the process for Swayman to hold out. That's his only leverage to force the Bruins to rethink their offer that he apparently is not going to accept, not yet at least. The priority at this point of course is to keep the holdout as brief as possible. Everybody will lose if it goes long enough to hamper his preparation. I don't really care who "wins" the contract tussle, only that they get past it ASAP.

Don't worry too much, there are plenty of examples of contract situations that went this direction and things ended up okay between the player and team when all was said and done. There are players who grudgingly signed bridge deals and then longer extensions later, players who held out and a deal ultimately got done, tough talk exchanged in the press that faded away in time, etc. As somebody here likes to say, it's always about the money and as long as that eventually lands in the right spot, everybody gets happy fast.
Perhaps.

For what it is worth, doing so would likely prove unwise.

Jeremy might win the battle but lose the war.

If he holds out, he goes from hero to villain in less than 5 seconds.

Consider the sports media in this town. Consider your average Boston Bruins fan.

Intellectually, they may understand a decision to hold out.

Emotionally, the environment would be poisoned and the situation irretrievable.

Doubtless KPD and CHB would approach the circumstance as an opportunity to prove they can still run an athlete out of town.

Right or wrong, a decision to hold out would be disastrous for the team, the 2024-2025 season, Don Sweeney, and, not least, Jeremy Swayman's reputation.

My fervent wish is that latest reports on an imminent deal are legitimate.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad