Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman II - still waiting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Love your passion. I think Sweeney just did not handle this process well at all, but I will guarantee this, no matter what he signs for if he does 6-10 mil does not matter he will be ripped in this town if he struggles to do the job, he is escalating the many in his corner today, that will not be there if he struggles they will lead the charge against him.
I think Sway is a competitive guy and will welcome the pressure.

I don't want a goalie who is worried about fan reaction after he signs a deal. I want a goalie that comes out of what appears to be a nasty arbitration hearing and says "f*** you, I'll show you who is a scrub and who is not a scrub".

It's odd, the Bruins sort of created the playoff monster we had last season AND the guy they are negotiating against now.

Montreal ran Patrick Roy out of town (and please believe me - I am not comparing the two as goalies or even their situations) and old Patty's confidence and performance did just fine in Colorado. Goalies are a different breed -- some just don't give two shits what the fans think or say. Probably the best ones don't give even one shit.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Yeah, that's all true. But he could have signed for something like 8 x $3M months ago. That's a lot of money -- much more than many of us will ever see. But he didn't.

So while everything you say above is true.... F him. I live an die for this team and don't even get paid for doing it!!!! He should think about THAT.

Hahaha!

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Part of this is a self inflicted wound by the front office, besides the reasons already mentioned. They put him through the wringer a bit last time, he's just returning the favor now that he has the leverage.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Part of this is a self inflicted wound by the front office, besides the reasons already mentioned. They put him through the wringer a bit last time, he's just returning the favor now that he has the leverage.
Swayman elected arbitration, not the Bruins. This whole thing where he’s acting like he’s the only player to ever go through arb is crazy, especially when the Bruins didn’t opt for the second year when they could have.

He also doesn’t have more leverage but I repeat myself.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Swayman elected arbitration, not the Bruins. This whole thing where he’s acting like he’s the only player to ever go through arb is crazy, especially when the Bruins didn’t opt for the second year when they could have.

He also doesn’t have more leverage but I repeat myself.

1) why do you think swayman elected for arbitration

2) why do you think the bruins only went one year

MillerTime29Bombs

Feb 12, 2023
Woburn
What is the process if no agreement? Does he sit out or does he play for the contract that was offered ( 3.5? 2 years?… sorry I thought I saw this weeks ago?) and if so is he then a UFA? Can he legally just not report?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Does anyone really think Swayman will actually holdout?

Its not as if he's earned a $10 mil deal and the team is trying to screw him.

He's a hockey player, not a business tycoon. I expect to see him in goal on opening night.

Are future contracts based off past performances or perceived future performance?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Are future contracts based off past performances or perceived future performance?

Not all contracts are created equal.

If based on perceived future performance, Connor Bedard would be making 15-20 mil.

If on past performance, Marc-Andre Fleury could be making 8-10 mil.

Swayman is still a restricted free agent. He's not on the open market yet. He'll get all he can from the Bruins and then be in goal opening night.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Not all contracts are created equal.

If based on perceived future performance, Connor Bedard would be making 15-20 mil.

If on past performance, Marc-Andre Fleury could be making 8-10 mil.

Swayman is still a restricted free agent. He's not on the open market yet. He'll get all he can from the Bruins and then be in goal opening night.

Well Connor bedard hasn’t been a RFA/free agent yet

Harry Sinden would have loved a fanbase like you guys.

Harry sinden is why we have a fan base that is so accepting of 1 cup in 50 years.

Reactions: Gordoff

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I don’t know how anyone can look at this and not think Swayman will get more now, since they traded Ulmark. Yes, Ulmark was going to be a free agent - but he was an option for the Bruins to resign. Trading him leaves the Bruins with one less option.

I think they get it done and, but I don’t blame him for trying too get as much as he can.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I think Sway is a competitive guy and will welcome the pressure.

I don't want a goalie who is worried about fan reaction after he signs a deal. I want a goalie that comes out of what appears to be a nasty arbitration hearing and says "f*** you, I'll show you who is a scrub and who is not a scrub".

It's odd, the Bruins sort of created the playoff monster we had last season AND the guy they are negotiating against now.

Montreal ran Patrick Roy out of town (and please believe me - I am not comparing the two as goalies or even their situations) and old Patty's confidence and performance did just fine in Colorado. Goalies are a different breed -- some just don't give two shits what the fans think or say. Probably the best ones don't give even one shit.

We're really excited about (Swayman), Bob Essensa (the goalie coach) really liked and scouted him. Most of our staff was on board. We had targeted another goalie, but he went before our sixth pick. said assistant general manager Scott Bradley.

Remember this classic after draft quip? Kid has been doubted for awhile, all levels.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK

We're really excited about (Swayman), Bob Essensa (the goalie coach) really liked and scouted him. Most of our staff was on board. We had targeted another goalie, but he went before our sixth pick. said assistant general manager Scott Bradley.

Remember this classic after draft quip? Kid has been doubted for awhile, all levels.
What am I missing here? Sounds like they really liked the Swayman pick at the time, and there was another goalie they were going to take with their 6th pick in 2017 who was selected before they had the chance.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
What am I missing here? Sounds like they really liked the Swayman pick at the time, and there was another goalie they were going to take with their 6th pick in 2017 who was selected before they had the chance.
True must be reading it incorrectly.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK

Oh maybe it was this part: "Most of our staff was on board."

Not all of the scouting staff, only most. Swayman made a list of names of the entire scouting dept. and since then he's been scratching names off until he finds out who the ****er was among the group that doubted him.

giphy.gif

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Oh maybe it was this part: "Most of our staff was on board."

Not all of the scouting staff, only most. Swayman made a list of names of the entire scouting dept. and since then he's been scratching names off until he finds out who the ****er was among the group that doubted him.

giphy.gif
Hahaha no I read it like they wanted another goalie instead. You were correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad