Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman II - still waiting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Or we could enjoy the summer, reserve our effort, and not complain at all. Why people think complaining about something/anything is a necessary part of everyday life astounds me.
I can’t enjoy seasons that don’t have hockey in them.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Is Zadarov good enough for the 1st pair ? I'm asking because I have heard many say that he is a 3rd pair D and belongs on the 3rd pair .
Zadorov was mocked all last year here when brought up as a possible acquisition to help out. Now he is making 5 million. People's opinions flop like the wind when players become Bruins but I think he can pair with McAvoy and take the 1st pair PK duties.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I can’t enjoy seasons that don’t have hockey in them.

So you have to complain about something of which you know exactly zero of the inner details?

Nope, still don't get it.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Maybe the deals already made. Bruins are good at keeping the lid on things.

I read on nhl.com

it’s the summer time. Not enough hockey to talk about. We have to complain about something.
Explain the benefit of having a deal made but not filed with the league? Who does that benefit and why?

What happens if Swayman is home in Alaska and gets attacked by a kodiak bear and loses a leg? Do the B's still keep their end of the bargain and sign him at an 8 x 8 because they had agreed to it?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Explain the benefit of having a deal made but not filed with the league? Who does that benefit and why?

What happens if Swayman is home in Alaska and gets attacked by a kodiak bear and loses a leg? Do the B's still keep their end of the bargain and sign him at an 8 x 8 because they had it?

I remember Marchand's deal was done weeks before it was announced for a reason I'm not sure if they ever disclosed but people speculated it was World Cup related.

Reactions: Kegs

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I trust Donny to be able to replace Sway if he won't bend the knee. Donny found him as a steal, role with Korpi - Bussi and when Sway comes crawling back lower the amount when the Bruins start 15-5. 6m max

• Haha
Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
The agent works for the player not the other way around.

If Swayman tells him to get a deal done now, it will get done now.

Just because Nylander didn't doesn't mean Swayman won't.
Unless you have a Scott Boras type of agent who just does what he feels is best. Not sure if there are even any such agents like that in the hockey world though. I'm sure there probably are examples of players feeling like their agent wasn't working in their best interest.

But yeah, in this case I really have no worry about a deal getting done. Swayman is invested in the team/city. It may take more time than we like, but it will get done.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Unless you have a Scott Boras type of agent who just does what he feels is best. Not sure if there are even any such agents like that in the hockey world though. I'm sure there probably are examples of players feeling like their agent wasn't working in their best interest.

But yeah, in this case I really have no worry about a deal getting done. Swayman is invested in the team/city. It may take more time than we like, but it will get done.

Agents are fiduciaries with their client. Even Boras

Reactions: Dr Quincy

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I remember Marchand's deal was done weeks before it was announced for a reason I'm not sure if they ever disclosed but people speculated it was World Cup related.
I'll ask again: What is the benefit to the Bruins and to Swayman in having an agreement all done, but not filing it?

If it's not filed can either party change their mind and backout? If the answer to that is "Yes", then I'd like to revisit the 1st question again: What's the benefit to having an agreement and not filing it?

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Let's ask a couple simple question. Are the Bruins a better team today, tomorrow and in the future with or with out Jeremy Swayman? Does it seem like the salary cap is going to continue to rise now that the players have "paid back" the owners for the Covid seasons? Is a top 5 goalie worth 10% of the cap?

Reactions: BMC and Dr Quincy

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Let's ask a couple simple question. Are the Bruins a better team today, tomorrow and in the future with or with out Jeremy Swayman? Does it seem like the salary cap is going to continue to rise now that the players have "paid back" the owners for the Covid seasons? Is a top 5 goalie worth 10% of the cap?
Good point.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
This thread raises an interesting question: exactly how many HF burner accounts does Harry Sinden have?
it's unreal. What happened to wanting the best players signed and letting the suits figure out the rest. Why do some fans seem to really begrudge players that want to be paid and paid well? I'd like to watch Swayman here for the next 8 years and don't care what they need to do to make it happen. I could live without the Andrew Peekes and Korpisalo's of the world nibbing away at the total money available

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
That’s stupid though. Does Pasta not taking $9M mean he’s “not bought in”? Is Lindholm not “bought in” because he didn’t take $6M?

Absolutely. What have they won? Nothing at all. Just looking to be paid and not their Bruin's legacy

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Gotta be committed to building the best possible team possible. Swayman needs to take a discount for elite depth. Help them afford Korpi, Peeke, Coyle. Deep teams win, Top heavy fail.
Yeah the Oilers, Knights, Panthers, and Lightning all got their stars to take well under market value. Oh wait…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad