Jeremy Roenick, Shea Weber and Pavel Datsyuk inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tabness

be a playa 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
YES FOR ROENICK JR SUPERSTAR SO UNDERRATED literally a good argument for second best center in the early nineties in literally one of the most stacked periods ever

wtf snubbing Zetterberg again??? Datsyuk and Z should have gone in together

personally don't really care about Weber and wouldn't put him in over Z or Mogilny but congrats to him and his fans as well

Mogilny will always get snubbed, like who is clearly more talented in terms of finesse skills than him in the last 40 years of hockey history? Lemieux and that's it?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sentinel

Crosstraffic

Mar 15, 2015
Yorba Linda, CA
No Mogilny again. What a joke.

How about Bernie Nicholls next? As many points as JR in 236 fewer games.

70 goal season
2 40 goal seasons
4 30 goal seasons
Point per game player that became a pretty decent defensive forward as the years went by.

Reactions: sabremike

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Isn't Darwitz the woman that was fired as GM of the Minnesota women's team?

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Datsyuk is deserving, the other two certainly aren't. Weber maybe in a weak year, what the hell did he ever win? I guess he was Keith's partner on the first pairing on a Gold Medal Canada team once.

tfwnogf

Dec 15, 2013
Weber is kind of a head scratcher, I guess because of his olympic golds but pretty meh. Also lol at colin campbell. I'm guessing they just hate Mogilny or something. Dats and Z should have been inducted together like Lu/Sedins were. And I doubt Theo Fleury will ever get in but he should.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Mogilny was incredibly talented but he gets weirdly overrated on these discussions. He had two big years where he wasn’t even in the discussion for a top 5 player in them. Like sure if Roenick and Turgeon are getting in, put in Almo too, but it’s not some gross oversight

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Also thry should have put Zetterberg in with Datsyuk and had Weber wait a year at least (or, you know, not at all.)

Reactions: Erik Alfredsson

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
For a while Weber was considered the premier defenseman, GM's would splooge themselves over that kind of player

Yea, I don’t understand the criticism. Was considered an elite #1 for a decade or so, was runner up for the Norris twice in two of the closest votes ever, and was regarded by many as the best in the game for a brief period. He didn’t have much of a winning track record and he wasn’t so good that he had to go in right away, but by Hall standards he was an easy yes.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
No Mogilny again. What a joke.

How about Bernie Nicholls next? As many points as JR in 236 fewer games.

70 goal season
2 40 goal seasons
4 30 goal seasons
Point per game player that became a pretty decent defensive forward as the years went by.

Throw Bernie on the pile with Roenick, Zetterberg, Mogilny, Elias, and Fleury. None of them really stands out from the rest. All were top 10 in scoring 2 or 3 times, and the wingers have a couple of All Star selections because they play the weaker position. They’ll probably all get in eventually.

pi314

Jun 10, 2017
Windsor, ON
Hockey players usually get into the hall with 500 goals or 1000 points.

Roenick had 500 goals and 1200 points.

Not sure what the gripe is.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Shea Weber the 1st ballot HoFer huh

200.webp

Reactions: mikelvl

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Yea, I don’t understand the criticism. Was considered an elite #1 for a decade or so, was runner up for the Norris twice in two of the closest votes ever, and was regarded by many as the best in the game for a brief period. He didn’t have much of a winning track record and he wasn’t so good that he had to go in right away, but by Hall standards he was an easy yes.
This was his first year eligible, he was selected "right away".

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Oilers88

Jun 19, 2011
Isn't Weber still technically on LTIR for Utah? Did he ever formally retire?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad