Jeremy Roenick, Shea Weber and Pavel Datsyuk inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Congrats to all three on the honor. As someone who lived in Chicago and watched Roenick’s entire career, I’m a bit surprised as he never looked like a HHOF player and not even locally was he ever discussed as future HHOF guy, but times and standards change. I would have placed Zetterberg and Mogilny in before him.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Was always a BS reason. It’s like how baseball refuses to put in suspected roid users but votes Big Papi in. If they like you…they’ll put you in anyway. If they don’t…they’ll pretend there’s another reason. Votes should be made public. This is a sham

Likewise with Curt Schilling... he wasn't a media darling and still isn't so they've left him waiting.

Congrats to all three on the honor. As someone who lived in Chicago and watched Roenick’s entire career, I’m a bit surprised as he never looked like a HHOF player and not even locally was he ever discussed as future HHOF guy, but times and standards change.

Thing is after he left Chicago, he never finished top 10 again in points, goals or assists.

There's worse people they could've inducted like Marleau, but I don't think JR was ever much of a lock or some crazy omission.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
It says a lot that they left out two of the safest but most productive players of their generation in Z and Elias in favor of two less impactful, narrative-driven, overrated players in Roenick and Weber.

And Colin Campbell being in tells you exactly how self-aware this voter base is.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I guess roenick is put in as a career accumulator? Cuz he was never even nominated for an award was he? Don't think he even finished top 5 in points in a season. Really makes you wonder who mogilny pissed off.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I’ve never taken the time to compare their respective careers, but I’d expect Elias to have a much stronger HOF claim than Roenick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad