Speculation: Jeff Petry On the Move Soon?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
We'te not taking Myers. He sucks.
That's fine if you think that. Myers has a bad contract but has played pretty well this year. He's a #4 d. If you are saying that Myers sucks based on the context of him having a bad contract, then you can say the same about Petry. Petry is a 34 year old #3 d making 6.25m for 3 more years after this one.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
34 years old with 3 years left at $6.25 carries some risk with the year he’s had. Has a modified NTC too. Would be interesting to see what he would get in a trade. Retention would help significantly

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I could see Buffalo having interest...

And with the Sabres having loads of cap space to take on Petry's salary, the Habs wouldn't have to take back a cap dump

To Buffalo: Petry

To Montreal: 2022 2nd

Or maybe there's a way to get Levi in the deal if Buffalo has decided UPL is their goalie of the future

To Buffalo: Petry

To Montreal: Levi

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
A big good skating soft offensove D man, he will get less than what canadian fans hopes for.

How is he soft? He does hit.

Gonna have to be some heavy retention to get some good value - but there should definitely be a market

Why heavy retention? He's not even paid very much.

If Montreal retains 50% he maybe has some value but certainly not a lot. 34 Year old Dman who's fallen off as much as he has the year is going to be a cap dump essentially.

The idea that he's fallen off is spoken from the perspective of someone who hasn't watched what a tire fire Montreal is.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Yeah very doubtful that Petry has any interest in any Western Conference teams. His wife and kids went back home to Michigan and he wants to be near them. fat chance any western team is on his trade list. I only see him waiving for an eastern team not western team.
So you're saying Petry for Hronek, then? :sarcasm:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
How is he soft? He does hit.

Why heavy retention? He's not even paid very much.

The idea that he's fallen off is spoken from the perspective of someone who hasn't watched what a tire fire Montreal is.

Yeah you're absolutely right.

It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact he's 34 years old and looks terrible. :laugh:

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Honestly, This season is a write off.
Guy is a damn good D, Deserves a Haul

Admittedly haven't watched the Habs much this year but I remember there was some early Norris talk on here when he came out last season with guns blazing.

Throw in the family circumstances too.... Not sure he gets a "haul" but I'm pretty sure he still has some mileage left in him

Reactions: banks

iliketorock

May 23, 2021
Isn't Petrys game built around good skating/mobility and having a good hockey brain. The few Habs games I have watched those both appear to be there still. Someone is going to get a very capable top4 dman for I'm guessing pretty cheap.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Habs GM Kent Hughes says he met with Jeff Petry during the team’s last road trip. Petry did NOT formally ask for a trade but Hughes told him the team will move him if they find something that works for both Petry and the Canadiens.

Le Canadien | Kent Hughes disposé à échanger Jeff Petry
Petry looks lost without Weber. Playing like his Oiler days. Put him on a team deep on defense and a good leader should still get good hockey out of Petry. Habs will have to retain, maybe get a 2nd and a 3rd?

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
He was 2nd behind Fox for norris halfway in the last season. Jeff is simply frustrated, if you watch the games, he still got it, he just couldn't care less

Should hold a good value on the market

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Rathbone isn't garbage. If he was a Montreal prospect, you guys would be calling him untouchable

I am a VAN and MTL fan, and I fully agree with this statement even though for me Rathbone is not 1st pairing potential,
He has the potential to be a 4D and a good option to quaterback PP2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad