GDT: Jays Coaching Couch - Game 2 - Oilers v Canucks - 8 PM SN, HNIC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby

Sponsor
Jan 31, 2009
Edmonton
Ah...no shots in 12 minutes. This is simply not working, buying into there own hype.

I think the team needs to turn off all socials and have no news/etc. discussed or read. They need to buy into coming to work, putting there work boots on first. The skill will follow when they man up.

Reactions: ManOfSteelI

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
We'd expect this system to take time to click.

Ultimately this is the system that Vegas beat us with. Maybe it's harder to execute but the benefits are there. Vegas just sliced through this team before, and that Oilers team was red hot to finish the season.
The system worked for Vegas because it worked with how their team is built/structured and the strengths of their players. It doesn’t work with the kind of players we have.

I absolutely hate the whole “blindly chase what the cup winner did” mentality. It always backfires.

Reactions: VainGretzky

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Did I hear that? I was wondering?
Peoples' patience has worn extremely thin, especially after the season opening garbage. After a decent start, they have regressed yet again, and are once more losing battles, losing races, and their effort has dipped again. This is what I'm talking about.. where the hell is the professionalism? It's the SECOND f***ing game of the season and they are already starting to phone it in, again.
K I’m not the only one that thought so

Struds is right. This team likely read news clipping about how great they are and it got to their heads, egos.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
So I havnt watched the oilers this year but if you had to chose which is the greater concern, the defence or goaltending, which one?

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Did the sports psychologist that they hired tell them to sniff their own farts or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad