GDT: Jays Coaching Couch - Game 2 - Oilers v Canucks - 8 PM SN, HNIC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
With our cap situation the easiest solution may be a replacement for Schwartz and Manson. And if that doesn’t wake up Woody and make him be less of a jackass then he can go away too :(

Reactions: CycloneSweep

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The goalie we need to play behind this group of defensemen doesn’t exist.
Yeh D sucks so far. But Ullmark is kind of that goalie me thinks. Respectable numbers on a tire fire Sabres team. Vezina numbers on a respectable team.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Vancouver is a much harder team to play against this year. Oilers took off their work boots after the 10 minute mark and the new breakout appears to be the Hail Mary flip the puck to the other teams blue line and hope for a bounce Novice breakout.

Reactions: lopper and McDoused

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
So much blame to go around.....Skinner must be the smallest 6'4" goaltender I have even seen. Literally everything that is even remotely close to the net goes in on him somehow. Good tips on the goals but wow you need to find a way to get in front of the puck.

Another thing, our D is horrendous at getting pucks through. So slow and by the time there is no lane left. And they can't create their own lane. Watching the Canucks D do a little side shift to make some space at the blue line make it look like men against boys right now.

And Foegle has been probably our 2nd best forward this year after Drai. Good for him but that is a PROBLEM. Trying not to get to pessimistic cause its still early but watching the other "contenders" in the league taking care of business is embarrassing.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I think the team honestly just needs to pull their heads out of their asses. They were a ~100point team with more or less the same roster last year even BEFORE getting Ekholm. Not sure why effort levels seem to fall off a cliff after playing 10 good minutes to start a game, but they should be at least a good team again if they can string together some good periods of hockey.

Reactions: lopper

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Hyman messed up big time not getting the puck out of zone which then led to the second goal

Reactions: Ibanez

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
My expectation was a much better effort by the Oilers in this game with the result still being a 2 goal loss tonight.

It's going to take a bit for this team to get going and some pain to realize that every team can beat you on any given night.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
I wouldn't blame Skinner for both goal but he now sitting at 0.851 since preseason started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad