Prospect Info: Jayden Struble Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I agree to be honest. He seems to have cemented himself a spot and hasn't looked out of place doing so.

We need to start making some calls on D here soon. There's a lot kind of treading water and we have guys like Mailloux and Hutson who will be knocking on the door sooner rather than later. KH needs to decide who's going to be part of the mix going forward
I have to think if good offers come in for Kovacevic, Savard, Harris, or Lindstrom, KH will pull the trigger.

I just think he won't trade a young dman before they reach their full value. Who knows, maybe he trades Xhekaj if there is a Romanov level offer.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
I agree to be honest. He seems to have cemented himself a spot and hasn't looked out of place doing so.

We need to start making some calls on D here soon. There's a lot kind of treading water and we have guys like Mailloux and Hutson who will be knocking on the door sooner rather than later. KH needs to decide who's going to be part of the mix going forward
Throw in Reinbacher and Engstrom!

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
He’s an nhl dman. Wouldn’t be surprised if people are on the phone about him as soon as this offseason looking at habs future situation

Reactions: Redux91

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He has a long way to go obviously, but watching Struble now reminds me of McDonagh who also plateau'd hard offensively in the NCAA.

Thankfully this organization now actually paid attention, stuff like this could make a world of difference in the following years.
Oh man if he’s anywhere near as good as him that would be unreal. I know you’re not saying that exactly. Great point though. He definitely looks like he has upside higher than his NCAA career would indicate.

Maybe he caps out as a 3rd pairing guy but there’s more there I have to think. Even still he looks like a dreamboat of a 3rd pairing guy

Mister Hab

Nov 21, 2018
You forgot The Sherriff.......................unless you have him in your Zegras trade proposals......??

We do, have a fine young D crew..............trades will happen. I hope we can fit Struble and The Sherriff in the same lineup, but that could be very difficult.

Forgot to add Xhekaj (my mistake!) to the "great young D-depth" list of ours here on this thread...added!

Struble...potential for playoff warrior dman?: yes...high to very high potential!!

And here (below) is a recent article/video of Struble (Jay vs Chicago):

GOTTA SEE IT: Canadiens Jay Struble's Big Hit And Fight | Montreal Hockey Now

This guy seems legit (Struble)

No Xhekaj?
Darn it!! Forgot to add him!!

Great/young D-core:

Reinbacher
Guhle
Barron
Struble
Hutson
Kovacevic
Xhekaj
Mailloux
Engstrom
Konyushkov
Harris
Lindstrom
Trudeau
Norlinder

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Forgot to add Xhekaj (my mistake!) to the "great young D-depth" list of ours here on this thread...added!

Struble...potential for playoff warrior dman?: yes...high to very high potential!!

Darn it!! Forgot to add him!!

Great/young D-core:

Reinbacher
Guhle
Barron
Struble
Hutson
Kovacevic
Xhekaj
Mailloux
Engstrom
Konyushkov
Harris
Lindstrom
Trudeau
Norlinder

f***ing Entwistle punching him while the ref’s grabbing him. What a bitch.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
He's had the swagger from his first warm-up. He legit hasn't looked uncomfortable one second since being called up. The only D I can remember like that was Subban.

I think he's sticking around for a long, long time.

Next magical trick for Struble is being able to play as RD. Having Struble and Xhekaj as 3rd pair heading in the playoffs would be a good thing.

• Love
Reactions: rickthegoon

70Stang

Feb 21, 2008
He has a long way to go obviously, but watching Struble now reminds me of McDonagh who also plateau'd hard offensively in the NCAA.

Thankfully this organization now actually paid attention, stuff like this could make a world of difference in the following years.
For me he reminds me of a young guy who played in 1984 for Habs. Only thing we don't know yet is if he has an offensive upside comparable to Chelios. It sure feels like there is so much more to his game that will develop with more confidence. Love the way this kid can be a nasty player when needed as well.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Of all the young D we have, only Guhle and Struble have confirmed so far that they will be with us for a long time. I guess Reinbacher is likely in that category as well.
Yup, Orvil was fantastic in training camp and in the few games he played in preseason. Kid has a bright future

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad