Prospect Info: Jayden Struble Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
What does he bring that's so different from the players currently playing?

Reinbacher, Hutson, Engstrom and Konyushkov are not with the Habs/Rocket yet and there's already too many bodies. At some point, some will be moved out and, to me, Harris is the prime candidate.

Now, will his relationship with the GM extend his stay? Perhaps, but he's still the most expendable player out of the lot to me.

I don't think this relationship will in any way affect whether Hughes moves him or not. There is no rush to move him and he likely has not established enough value to make it worth moving him anyways.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
It will be interesting how Hughes deals with players he has had personal relationships like Matheson, Struble and Harris. Can he separate personal from what's best for the team?
I can't see him moving Harris right now eventhough the eye test says he doesn't have a future on this blueline
That's true. It is something I have wondered also, but it will take a while to know IMO because all of these guys should stay for a while, with or without personal relationships.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Great/young D-core:

Reinbacher
Guhle
Barron
Struble
Hutson
Kovacevic
Mailloux
Engstrom
Konyushkov
Lindstrom
Harris
Trudeau
Nolinder
You forgot The Sherriff.......................unless you have him in your Zegras trade proposals......??

We do, have a fine young D crew..............trades will happen. I hope we can fit Struble and The Sherriff in the same lineup, but that could be very difficult.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
I’m really liking what I see from Struble. I don’t think there should be a conversation in ´either/or ´ Struble-Jackeye; I want them both in Montreal.
I think it’s more of what combination of Savard/ Harris/ Kovacevic have become expendable so both Struble and Jackeye play with the Habs.
And then the conversation starts again when Hutson gets signed to see if Matheson and or Barron get moved next summer.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
What I've liked most about this young season:
- Barron, Struble, Dach (pre-injury), Newhook (pre-injury)

What I hope to add to the list by the end of the season:
-Slaf, Ylonen, Primeau
Slaf is definitely on his way. Ylonen is getting hosed with his ice time. He’s one of the most productive per ice time given. As for Primeau, he’s a victim of circumstance

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Scores 1 goal his entire final season in NCAA
Already has 2 NHL goals lol

All i can remember the most from people talking about this guy 4 years ago was always something to the tune of : "listen, you gotta trust me on this but he plays a PRO game, and while it might not look incredibly flashy in these lower levels, at the PRO levels he will stand out much much more i am telling you"
Some people were saying something to this effect
And I gotta say, I forget who they were sadly lol, but they were 1000% correct

I don't 'hate' Harris, and I like Xhekaj quite a bit obviously
But right now, Struble is better than both
He just is, *right now*

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I’m really liking what I see from Struble. I don’t think there should be a conversation in ´either/or ´ Struble-Jackeye; I want them both in Montreal.
I think it’s more of what combination of Savard/ Harris/ Kovacevic have become expendable so both Struble and Jackeye play with the Habs.
And then the conversation starts again when Hutson gets signed to see if Matheson and or Barron get moved next summer.
Last night Struble made a number of very strong plays off that right side. Of all our lefties he seems to be the most adept at playing his weak side. Strength has a lot to do with it. Harris for example plays decent positionally but was constantly getting beat physically along the wall. Not surprising as much of Harris' defending is done with his solid stick work.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Laraque just said he believe Struble will never play for the Rocket again.
I agree to be honest. He seems to have cemented himself a spot and hasn't looked out of place doing so.

We need to start making some calls on D here soon. There's a lot kind of treading water and we have guys like Mailloux and Hutson who will be knocking on the door sooner rather than later. KH needs to decide who's going to be part of the mix going forward

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I agree to be honest. He seems to have cemented himself a spot and hasn't looked out of place doing so.

We need to start making some calls on D here soon. There's a lot kind of treading water and we have guys like Mailloux and Hutson who will be knocking on the door sooner rather than later. KH needs to decide who's going to be part of the mix going forward
Suspect he has a good idea on who is part of that group by now. He seems to really understand asset management and doesn't seem to be willing to lose anyone for nothing - goalie situation is a good example. So I suspect Struble does go down, and guys that can be moved at the TDL or summer that aren't waiver exempt stick around until he can clear space.

Sucks for Struble but he's shown he is ready and I gotta believe Hughes has him as a long timer back there even if it means some time in the PB, or a trip back to Laval. Fans will have to be patient as he moves pieces around.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
In a meritocracy I’d tend to think he’d be given more to settle that debate
MSL said “we don’t know what Ylonen’s window is…. I’m guessing it’s a 16-18TOI offensive player, but he’s got a long way to go before he gets there” - starts at 9:10 mark

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
MSL said “we don’t know what Ylonen’s window is…. I’m guessing it’s a 16-18TOI offensive player, but he’s got a long way to go before he gets there” - starts at 9:10 mark

when did MSL say this?

What exactly does he mean he has a long way to go?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad