Prospect Info: Jayden Struble Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
As a polyvalent (LD/RD), physical D with a reliable D-game and swift skating, could Struble be an option to partner up with Hutson?

He'd only need to cover for the smaller LHD and his speed, plus his versatility, could be assets in that regard.

He'd also be a natural bodyguard for Hutson.

Last edited:

Mister Hab

Nov 21, 2018
Go Jay Go!! (worth the wait).

Very young D:
Reinbacher, Guhle, Struble, Barron, Xhekaj, Hutson, Mailloux, Kovacevic, Engstrom, and more!!

Mister Hab

Nov 21, 2018
Next step for Jay Struble (and no rush for this, but would be good to see if it can work....in case of a Hutson-Struble pairing in the future):

Try him (here and there) in the near future on the RIGHT-side...just to see. (Unless Struble much prefers the LEFT-side vs the RIGHT-side).

Options:
Hutson-Struble
Hutson-Reinbacher
Hutson-Mailloux

(but...you might want to try a more DEFENSIVE-dman or two-way dman with Hutson, so...Struble and Reinbacher have major advantages over Mailloux...defensively).

But...if Struble is much better on the LEFT-side...let him be on the LEFT-side, etc.

Go Jay Go!!!!! (I see Jayden Struble becoming a solid playoff-warrior dman for our Habs in the future).

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
This highlights does not show how he just outskated and erased the forechecker and that was the most impressive thing of the whole sequence.

What a surprise Struble is so far.
Yep, and we need to remember that he was drafted as an offensive dman in highschool, his main weakness was his defensive play. He has worked tremendously on that and it seems like his offensive side could come back full force.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Yep, and we need to remember that he was drafted as an offensive dman in highschool, his main weakness was his defensive play. He has worked tremendously on that and it seems like his offensive side could come back full force.

Well, i am not sure he has the offensive to play the PP but i can surely see a 20-22min/game two way D. He has the aptitude, pace, skating, edgework explosivity to be a huge ES contributor.

I will try not to be too excited because its 10 games but right now he is this season biggest surprise.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
BargainBin did seen to improve in his last few years on the drafting and development side. For example, he sent Caulfield to the NCAA for a second year.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
What I've liked most about this young season:
- Barron, Struble, Dach (pre-injury), Newhook (pre-injury)

What I hope to add to the list by the end of the season:
-Slaf, Ylonen, Primeau

Reactions: Jaynki

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad