Prospect Info: Jayden Struble Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jul 6, 2016
If he keeps playing that way, Struble is on Habs' blueline for a good while. Harris is the man out. Xhekaj might have to learn to play RD or LW to come back and stay at NHL level.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Egregious interference penalty ignored that put Skinner alone in the middle of the ice.
Who the hell was trying to blame Struble on that play?
First of all he made a perfect tape to tape pass to Evans who played it soft and the contact happened after the turnover.

If he keeps playing that way, Struble is on Habs' blueline for a good while. Harris is the man out. Xhekaj might have to learn to play RD or LW to come back and stay at NHL level.
Struble will play RD before Xhekaj from what I saw last season in Laval.

Reactions: jrom and jaffy27

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
First of all he made a perfect tape to tape pass to Evans who played it soft and the contact happened after the turnover.

He put Evans in trouble with that pass. It was an ill advised play.

Jul 6, 2016

If Struble can play on RD and do as well, I have no problem with it. Now, it's up to Xhekaj to work hard to come back at NHL level.

Reactions: Rapala

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I like him a lot, he has an impact on every shift, subtle and non subtle things, feels like he does everything well and processes the game very quickly. I see a solid third D à la Hjalmarsson with a bit more grit in him, that’d be pretty solid.

Reactions: windycity and Andy

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Definitely a great package of skating and strength but seems to have a strong IQ and some decent puck skills. I like that he picks his moments to be overtly physical and often uses his skating to get the puck.

I don't think he's ever going to win the Norris, but he could be a strong minute eater defensive D that can finish plays

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I had my ups and downs with the kid. Was really wondering if we shouldn't have picked Fagemo instead. But as he progressed, I also wrote last April that he was probably going to be a better pro player than a College one. So we will see. I am happy to see him play the way he does.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
This guy is the definition of being properly developed. Looks 💯 % ready for regular NHL duty.
Some AHL time. Coming in at 22 years old. Using that time to build a physique which despite the height issues shows that it's immensely useful at the NHL level....yep. Great development indeed!

And now, he'll continue developing in the NHL. As it's suppose to always be.

Reactions: Tyson

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He’s got that Chelios strength, a guy you look at that you think wouldn’t be that strong but outmuscles those bigger than him. His physique was what Timmins loved about him. It’s really the X factor that pushes Struble ahead of Harris for me. Similarly skilled, similar size, but one is already a man.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He’s got that Chelios strength, a guy you look at that you think wouldn’t be that strong but outmuscles those bigger than him. His physique was what Timmins loved about him. It’s really the X factor that pushes Struble ahead of Harris for me. Similarly skilled, similar size, but one is already a man.

Last game I saw Struble make a couple of mistakes. I have to see more of him to know how he is in that dimension.

But yeah, Harris is vanilla and not very strong. Struble is dynamic and strong, physical. So let's see if Struble can not turn the puck over.

Reactions: angusyoung

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Struble example why I usually take offensive forwards with first pick. Generally can get good defensemen later in draft. Just common sense, how much better is a Reinbacher going to be than a Struble? He might be better but not by much. On other hand hard to get 100 point Michkov late in draft. Or a hard nosed 30 goal scorer like Leonard. Offensive forwards easier to judge top few picks in draft. Defensemen Many good ones go 2nd round or later. Hutson, Subban, Weber few examples. Defensemen usually mature later causing scouts to make more mistakes.

Reactions: Troyp and mdk

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Struble example why I usually take offensive forwards with first pick. Generally can get good defensemen later in draft. Just common sense, how much better is a Reinbacher going to be than a Struble? He might be better but not by much. On other hand hard to get 100 point Michkov late in draft. Or a hard nosed 30 goal scorer like Leonard. Offensive forwards easier to judge top few picks in draft. Defensemen Many good ones go 2nd round or later. Hutson, Subban, Weber few examples. Defensemen usually mature later causing scouts to make more mistakes.
Ahhh I see, like 100-pts Yakupov or 100-pts Zherdev?

Of course one can never get Pastrnak, Point, Aho, Robertson, Guentzel after top-5…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad