Jason Botterill Discussion 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
I think he's an example of someone that's book smart that lacks street smarts. He's a paint by numbers guy that can't adapt to a changing landscape.
That captures it more accurately. In fairness to the man, he is a graduate of University of Michigan Business School. It's not as if he's lacking raw brain power.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
That captures it more accurately. In fairness to the man, he is a graduate of University of Michigan Business School. It's not as if he's lacking raw brain power.
The Pegula's hire rookie coaches and GM's, throw them into the deep end, and wait for them to sink or swim. A rookie GM needs an experienced hockey executive as director of hockey ops or senior advisor to the owner to provide guidance and voice concerns with and stand up to ownership. There's still time for the Pegula's to salvage this situation.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
He has ERod, Sheary, Olofsson/Vesey playing in the top 6, and he once again talks about how he likes the depth of defense. Troll :DD

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
He has ERod, Sheary, Olofsson/Vesey playing in the top 6, and he once again talks about how he likes the depth of defense. Troll :DD

Krueger doesn't have much to work with. I think he knows that Skinner and Eichel off of a line is the only chance of having two lines with any scoring threat and he doesn't think Reinhart can drive a line. I am angry like a lot of others and done a lot of Buffalo reflection lately.

Botterill needs to bring in a top 6 forward to a defenseman yesterday.

Marcus Johansson allowed us to have 2 lines that could generate offense between Eichel/Reinhart and Johansson/Skinner. With Johansson out, we literally have no one to fill in that spot and now we're losing consistently. The LOG line was a good defensive and forechecking line. That remaining line was an absolute liability.

I understand why ROR was traded but what I don't understand is why we never acquired another center to fill the void. If Berglund was believed to be that guy, when he retired than someone needed to be acquired to fill that void.

We need to call Nashville/Anaheim/Other who can get us a either a middle 6 center and Johansson/Mittelstadt can move to wing or we acquire a legit winger to remove the fluff players out of our lineup (ERod/Sheary/Sobotka/Okposo/etc.)

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Quick fix.....
Instantly makes us better with more depth. Still look to get another RWer to replace Sheary.

:sabres get Granlund and Watson
:nashville get Ristolainen and Rodrigues

Vesey-Eichel-Reinhart
Skinner-Johansson-Olofsson
Mittelstadt-Granlund-Sheary
Girgensons-Larsson-Watson

McCabe-Montour
Scandella-Jokiharju
Dahlin-Miller
Gilmour-Bogosian

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Quick fix.....
Instantly makes us better with more depth. Still look to get another RWer to replace Sheary.

:sabres get Granlund and Watson
:nashville get Ristolainen and Rodrigues

Vesey-Eichel-Reinhart
Skinner-Johansson-Olofsson
Mittelstadt-Granlund-Sheary
Girgensons-Larsson-Watson

McCabe-Montour
Scandella-Jokiharju
Dahlin-Miller
Gilmour-Bogosian

No thanks on Granlund, and I don't agree with you on the thought Granlund would fix our depth at center. It's another case of a winger that "could" play center that we have too many of those guys. He hasn't played at center consistently since 15-16 season.

I do like Watson though as a starting point of reshaping the "type" of player in our bottom 6. He has shown a lot more grit over the years than most of our forwards.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I'm very afraid what happens if we lose to Boston tonight.

Given the absolutely awful results of last time J-Bott's was against a hard deadline (RoR and his signing bonus last summer), we could end up with Lucic for Risto or something equally as bad. Ladd and Clutterbuck maybe?

Just something jaw droppingly bad.

Reactions: VaporTrail

FloridaSabresFan

Nov 5, 2019
I'm very afraid what happens if we lose to Boston tonight.

Given the absolutely awful results of last time J-Bott's was against a hard deadline (RoR and his signing bonus last summer), we could end up with Lucic for Risto or something equally as bad. Ladd and Clutterbuck maybe?

Just something jaw droppingly bad.
We can't take the salary let alone the absurdity.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
He actually applied for the Sabre tooth position but couldn't fit into the costume cause of his head.
So Peluga stuck Scotty Bowman into the costume and made JB GM.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
No thanks on Granlund, and I don't agree with you on the thought Granlund would fix our depth at center. It's another case of a winger that "could" play center that we have too many of those guys. He hasn't played at center consistently since 15-16 season.

I do like Watson though as a starting point of reshaping the "type" of player in our bottom 6. He has shown a lot more grit over the years than most of our forwards.
Bonino would be target 1. Watson adds size and jam for forecheck, cycle, and some jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad