Jason Botterill Discussion 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
If you're absolutely determined to sell an asset low, I'm not exactly sure what you're expecting.

I'd wait a year and get rid of one or two of the other D personally.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Risto or Bogosian seem likely to shuffle out. Return is pretty much assured to be better for Rasmus.
I’d be pleasantly blown away if Bogo went out the door. But I just don’t see him leaving until at least the deadline with his injury and how much Jack credited him with helping during the first year of his captaincy.

Last edited:

fingerpainter

Dec 20, 2018
Man, these boards seem to hate Risto. To most people, he's got less value than Tyler Myers had. Lol. Not worth discussing a Risto trade with any seriousness here anymore.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Excluding the minor/depth trades and late round picks and Kane's had-to-be-made rental trade:

Montour, Miller, Skinner, Jokiharju, Thompson

for

Guhle, Pu, O'Reilly, Nylander, 2019 2nd, 2020 3rd

IMO realistic value:
Miller + Jokiharju = Nylander + 2020 3rd + Guhle + 2019 2nd

...leaves Montour+Skinner+Thompson for ROR+Pu.... yes please to that one considering how much of a non-factor Pu is.

Last edited:

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Excluding the minor/depth trades and late round picks and Kane's had-to-be-made rental trade:

for

You ask me whether I do this today? I do this any ****ing day.
To be fair Montour was acquired with the pick from the Kane trade. Albeit the ROR trade did make it more palatable for us to trade that pick.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
To be fair Montour was acquired with the pick from the Kane trade. Albeit the ROR trade did make it more palatable for us to trade that pick.
That was like what 2 picks difference? OK, throw in another 4th round pick or something, which I would count as non-factor overall. Still bargain overall.

The depth/minor trades have done nothing but the overall for the major trades, is f*** yeah for me overall.

Reactions: Rasmi

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Even the sun is only so big.....
Didn't you get the memo? There's a new sun in town.

bottsun.jpg

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011

for

IMO realistic value:

...leaves Montour+Skinner+Thompson for ROR+Pu.... yes please to that one considering how much of a non-factor Pu is.
This is some goofball logic here. Not unlike the old trope...
Between me and Bill Gates, our combined net worth is over $100 Billion!

The trades, each of them, can and should be evaluated in isolation when determining the craft of the architect of the trade. Evaluating the roster building as a whole can look at multiple trades, but must also include terrible FA acquisitions, as well as FA’s lost.

Arbitrarily combining trades to put a shine on that time Armstrong stole Botts’ lunch money is bizarroland nonsense.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

for

IMO realistic value:

giphy.gif

Reactions: kundahlini

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

for

IMO realistic value:

His ability to bring in talent is okay, his ability to construct a competitive team is horrible. He has earned that participation trophy for GMs.

Reactions: brian_griffin

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I like what Botts has done so far this off-season but maybe the hardcore supporters should remember how much back-patting was being done during the winning streak last year, and remember how things turned out after that and perhaps exercise just a tad more restraint with the victory laps.
In general we've seen lots of excitement over Botterill's summer moves (outside of the ROR summer) only to hate them on the other end of the season.

That said, this has been a banner couple of weeks with some of his best looking moves in a long time. If you start to track his roster changes after the ROR trade, he's made some really shrewd trades and UFA signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad