Jason Botterill Discussion 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
That answer was redacted from his prepared statement due to issues it would cause with the NHL. Fortunately I have an original copy.
It's a situation where we hope Sobotka's situation unfolds into a Berglund scenario
I think they'd rather waive him if they need to and maybe he goes to europe.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Damn, he traded Ristolainen for nothing? What happened? What he do now?

Trading Ristolainen for nothing would be one of his better moves. At least it would show he identified a bad player and removed them from the roster.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Was it really that bad? Seems like everyone's top-10 was different, and Johnson has some nice potential.

I didn’t say he was bad but I’m looking at all three drafts...I don’t think it’s the strength people make it out to be on here. A lot of things have to go right for him to fall into the “average” category.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I think it is more than fair to look at organizationally drafted prospect depth and give him a bad grade for ignoring scoring forwards like they have the f***ing bubonic plague. You’d think a guy who just forked over 9 million a year to keep his one proven skilled winger would value it more than not even a little bit.

There’s nothing coming.

For years.

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
How many chances does this dopey mfer get? He’s so so bad at this job.
relax....you don't know enough about Cozens or Johnson to be so mad. Unless, of course, you are an NHL scout. I apologize in that case.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Fair enough, but you could say that about every GM who’s had the job less than 5 years. Must be nice to have a job where no one can opine on how well you did for 5 years.

This afternoon will firm up my opinion of him as a drafter. I still don’t think his first is indicative of him since the scouting and draft book was written by Murray’s guys. Last year however and this one will certainly give us all a wider view. I don’t think anybody has been good at drafting for Buffalo since before they went to video scouting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad