Jason Botterill Discussion 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Botts is useless.

Trade rumors everywhere not Buffalo

Buffalo lacking offence, lets take a defensive defenceman.

Botts is trash but you can take an immediate need and let that decide what player you draft at the end of the first round that won’t play for 4 years.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Botts is trash but you can take an immediate need and let that decide what player you draft at the end of the first round that won’t play for 4 years.
Sure you can, every team does it and scouts and commentators were talking about it last night.

Not sure where you base your opinion from.

Also if you think a 1st round pick doesn't play in the NHL for 4 years you aren't paying attention.

21 of the 31 picks have played an NHL from 2017 draft.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I genuinely think our 50th Anniversary season is going to be spent counting down the clock on Bogosian, Scandella, Sheary, Hunwick and Sobotka contracts and another high draft choice.

Like...I think that’s the plan

So all year will be a New Years Party...

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Sure you can, every team does it and scouts and commentators were talking about it last night.

Not sure where you base your opinion from.

Also if you think a 1st round pick doesn't play in the NHL for 4 years you aren't paying attention.

No you can’t, unless the player is an immediate NHLer.

The announcers are talking about the organizations prospect depth, not holes that are opened right now.

Impact in NHL of a late first is 4 years. Not sure what you are talking about.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
No you can’t, unless the player is an immediate NHLer.

The announcers are talking about the organizations prospect depth, not holes that are opened right now.

Impact in NHL of a late first is 4 years. Not sure what you are talking about.
Sorry forgive me for listening to the experts over you. Perhaps you should do more listening.

They were not talking about prospect depth, Lol.

Even late 1sts make it to the NHL after 2 year NOT 4. What a ridiculous thing to post.

If you like I can post you some statistics?

2016 Entry draft 4 of the LAST 5 picks lave played in the NHL.
2017 draft 2 of the 3 last picks have played in the NHL

Watching sportsnet and TSN they talk about team needs in the first round not prospect depth.

Sorry go watch again.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Sorry forgive me for listening to the experts over you. Perhaps you should do more listening.

They were not talking about prospect depth, Lol.

Even late 1sts make it to the NHL after 2 year NOT 4. What a ridiculous thing to post.

If you like I can post you some statistics?

2016 Entry draft 4 of the LAST 5 picks lave played in the NHL.
2017 draft 2 of the 3 last picks have played in the NHL

Watching sportsnet and TSN they talk about team needs in the first round not prospect depth.

Sorry go watch again.

Played or impact? Giving a guy a couple games in NHL in not making an impact.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If we’d have fired him as deserved after round 1 we wouldn’t have had to watch them reach for a goalie in round 3.

It’s never too late to avoid the next Botterilling.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The only question I want asked is what his plan is for having one forward line worth of scoring talent and nothing in the pipeline at all. Then whatever he says tell him to f*** off.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
If anybody needed confirmation Botterill has to go this draft has to be it. I hope the building is half empty by November.
Botterill will be long gone before we even have a chance to get angry about this draft class. That said, he didn't reach in the 1st round, hard to be angry at the class now.

Reactions: lancaster14

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
This must be where I’m allowed to voice my displeasure with our third round pick???

Since the draft thread isn’t the right place?

f***ing absurd

Edit: I really wish I could see the list. It’s truly absurd to me to think he was their top player available

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Murray's scouting team is truly long gone.

This is the first time in my draft-watch years I've disliked the first 3 picks.

Deleted member 27798

Botts has to go based on 1st 3 picks? Nothing like waiting until the rest of the offseason, before getting out the torches and pitchforks?

OMG...he took a defenseman at 31OA...and then OMG again...he drafted a goalie at 67OA.

He is a complete buffoon!

[sarcasm off]

Reactions: Zman5778

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
I think Beerz might be on to something with his Not My GM quote.....turn that into a T Shirt or Hat and wear them to games. The Saints' fans wore paper bags over their heads. It's tough watching other teams improve and succeed while we seem to just tread water endlessly.

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
May as well rename this “The Jason Botterill bashfest” thread. The UFA period hasn’t even began yet and nobody knows what trades will happen between now and October.

JT Miller went for a first (lmao)
Subbans full 9 million went for nothing so Nashville could afford Duchene.

I wasn’t touching either of those with a 10 foot pole if I’m Buffalo.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Botterill will be long gone before we even have a chance to get angry about this draft class. That said, he didn't reach in the 1st round, hard to be angry at the class now.

It’s not even a matter of reaching for players, because they aren’t, even if I think Johnson was.

It’s looking at the pipeline, seeing you have plenty of defenseman in the pipeline, all sorts of flavors, then looking at the lack of quality forwards of top end skills in our pipeline and not improving upon that. IMO, it feels like “size” was a deciding factor in the pick, as Zegras, who can do everything Cozens can, but at a higher level, looked like a better fit for the team.

The 31st pick, IMO, should’ve been used on a higher end talent, once again improving on the quality and quantity of it in our pipeline in our forward ranks. Instead we’re looking at, of the 15 picks under Botterill, 5 of them at forwards, one of which had any high end skill, while 8 were spent on an assortment of defenseman and 2 on goalies. This after coming into the organization that had exactly one high end skill talent in the pipeline not on the main roster for forwards (Nylander).

We already have issues scoring and creating offense, and he’s doing nothing to change that for the long term, though he had ample options to add to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad