Jason Botterill Discussion 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
We already have issues scoring and creating offense, and he’s doing nothing to change that for the long term, though he had ample options to add to that.

The offseason isn't over yet. Let's see what happens over the coming weeks. I'm just as concerned over our lack of scoring as anybody. But, the dam finally seems to be released on trades....so let's see what happens.

Reactions: lancaster14

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
May as well rename this “The Jason Botterill bashfest” thread. The UFA period hasn’t even began yet and nobody knows what trades will happen between now and October.

JT Miller went for a first (lmao)
Subbans full 9 million went for nothing so Nashville could afford Duchene.

I wasn’t touching either of those with a 10 foot pole if I’m Buffalo.

Exactly, I like JT Miller, but he had 47 points a major down year and he got a 1st. HELL NO!

Subban without cap retained is a "no". I'm fine with that. He additionally looks to have lost his burst of speed entering the zone.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
May as well rename this “The Jason Botterill bashfest” thread. The UFA period hasn’t even began yet and nobody knows what trades will happen between now and October.

JT Miller went for a first (lmao)
Subbans full 9 million went for nothing so Nashville could afford Duchene.

I wasn’t touching either of those with a 10 foot pole if I’m Buffalo.
Sorry but we know. There isn't cap room to sign high end free agents, the low end free agents aren't good enough to help this team.

Botts gets fleeced in the ROR trade and assets are running low to make more trades.

This team is 95% set for next year.

If you don't think so you are fooling yourself.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
The offseason isn't over yet. Let's see what happens over the coming weeks. I'm just as concerned over our lack of scoring as anybody. But, the dam finally seems to be released on trades....so let's see what happens.

I’m not even talking about getting help for this year or next year. I’m talking longer term.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
It’s not even a matter of reaching for players, because they aren’t, even if I think Johnson was.

It’s looking at the pipeline, seeing you have plenty of defenseman in the pipeline, all sorts of flavors, then looking at the lack of quality forwards of top end skills in our pipeline and not improving upon that. IMO, it feels like “size” was a deciding factor in the pick, as Zegras, who can do everything Cozens can, but at a higher level, looked like a better fit for the team.

The 31st pick, IMO, should’ve been used on a higher end talent, once again improving on the quality and quantity of it in our pipeline in our forward ranks. Instead we’re looking at, of the 15 picks under Botterill, 5 of them at forwards, one of which had any high end skill, while 8 were spent on an assortment of defenseman and 2 on goalies. This after coming into the organization that had exactly one high end skill talent in the pipeline not on the main roster for forwards (Nylander).

We already have issues scoring and creating offense, and he’s doing nothing to change that for the long term, though he had ample options to add to that.
Good Post.

Reactions: freester

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Sorry but we know. There isn't cap room to sign high end free agents, the low end free agents aren't good enough to help this team.

Botts gets fleeced in the ROR trade and assets are running low to make more trades.

If you don't think so you are fooling yourself

That's the frightening truth I've been coming around to. He trapped himself for 19-20 with dumbass decisions, and won't be clever enough to maneuver, so he'll sell "don't worry, look at all the money we're freeing up next year!"

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
This team needed high end scoring talent and there was plenty sitting at 31st. Sure they had their warts but this team didn't need a defensive defenceman.

For people that say the 31st is years away we won't have scoring then either.

There is no one in the pipeline that projects to score but we already have plenty of defenseman

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
My point still stands, I think. It's entirely possibly that Botts makes a move or two where it addresses offensive needs now and in the future.

I wish I could get to that point to believe he could, but I just can’t get there based on Botterill’s moves and that even includes Thompson.

But that’s my opinion, so more power to you to think he can.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I just hope he won’t make some short sighted self-destruct trade before we replace him after next season.
Believe me that is not what he is doing. Watch interviews over the last two years. He is preaching patience to Pegula and will milk this for another two years.

The only thing that has saved his ass to this point is the Skinner trade or this doofus would be worst in the league.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
Anyone else happy that Botts is being crapped on constantly? It turned out nicely for the last couple of guys that where crapped on. Playoffs here we come.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

If you don't think so you are fooling yourself.

There's 20 million in cap space... and there are a TON of middle tier free agents who would help significantly.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
There's 20 million in cap space... and there are a TON of middle tier free agents who would help significantly.
The problem is that because of all the negative factors surrounding our organization we will end up paying Manhattan prices for Staten Island real estate. I'm just scared that we end up with land by Fresh Kills instead of by Wagner College.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
This team needed high end scoring talent and there was plenty sitting at 31st. Sure they had their warts but this team didn't need a defensive defenceman.

For people that say the 31st is years away we won't have scoring then either.

There is no one in the pipeline that projects to score but we already have plenty of defenseman

We don’t have many defenseman that can actually keep the puck out of our net either.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
we could add 3 players in UFA, for a combined 12 million per, on multi year deals... and we'd be fine... don't convince yourself that we can't do anything in free agency, just because we know Botts wont do anything relevant... use a spreadsheet... the cap isn't an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad