Post-Game Talk: Jarry, GMR, and CODY CECI bring their "A" game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The forwards played with better structure and support and the PP did a 180 without him. Not sure that question would've gone over so well.

I'm shocked at how good the PP looked.

I certainly would have had Matheson on there over KK. I mean they still might have been good with Matheson but their faith in KK was rewarded.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

I certainly would have had Matheson on there over KK. I mean they still might have been good with Matheson but their faith in KK was rewarded.

I wasn't. That 15 seconds at the end of the first, Geno was moving all over the place. When he's moving his feet, like tonight and like 7-10 days ago, that PP is a totally different animal.

Reactions: Gurglesons

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I think Zucker would obviously be one of Crosby's wingers is Malkin had Guentzel.

It's probably overthinking it to suggest the other would be anyone except "Kasperi Kapanen."

Although man, I really like Kapanen as a "danger, danger!" guy on the bottom 6. The issue is that Tanev probably doesn't work with Crosby.

Yeah. Kap is a great X factor on a line away from 87/71. If this team could make a legit push in the playoffs, that's worth the 1st+ we paid. He's got the tools to be dangerous offensively but like many of us said, may not have the IQ to work with 87/71 night in night out.

I'd just rotate guys with Sid when he's back and pray something sweet falls into our lap by the deadline.

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
The thing is Malkin looks absolutely shit without Rust and Guentzel. Maybe Crosby can play better without them? It's worth to try, but they won't because Keeping Crosby happy is more important than team success

I think it's more due to the fact that Sullivan’s more stuffy than a constipated anus than making Crosby happy.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We really need another regulation win Thursday...given how well L2 played tonight, if Sid is back, I’d like to see...

Tanev-Sid-Kap
GMR
McCann-Blueger-Angello
ZAR-Currie-Sceviour

Reactions: Darren McCord

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
+Reading the Flyers board tonight.
-Getting banned for trolling the Flyers board tonight.

+the Flyers fan with another assist
20210302_203139.jpg

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It was weird. The shots looked like the Flyers were the better team, but when you actually watch that wasn't the case. Jarry was awesome, but I also thought the team generally did a good job in front of him.

Also good to see the top line do well, but equally impressive to see some offensive punch from the new "2nd" line. Kapanen played like the guy I was hoping for when JR pulled the trigger on the trade.

Ceci should think about making a position change to the wing. The guy seriously looks at his best when he's in the offensive zone and driving to the net.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I think it's more due to the fact that Sullivan’s more stuffy than a constipated anus than making Crosby happy.

That's the truth. And it's why GMR will be done the second Crosby returns. BUT, @reino is correct in saying 'hey why not see if Sid can do more with the left overs than Geno given how GMR played, because maybe the team overall would be better that way than the opposite'. And yes, I know this is a hypothetical thought exercise . . . :laugh:

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Yeah. Kap is a great X factor on a line away from 87/71. If this team could make a legit push in the playoffs, that's worth the 1st+ we paid. He's got the tools to be dangerous offensively but like many of us said, may not have the IQ to work with 87/71 night in night out.

I'd just rotate guys with Sid when he's back and pray something sweet falls into our lap by the deadline.

So true.

I just recall sometimes you'd be playing against a 3rd/4th line and you've got your bottom pairing out there and everything's humming along and then one of the guys on the 3rd/4th line starts firing up and you're like "oh, sh1t."

I'd love if KK could give that to other teams.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Anyone surprised that Geno wouldn't play better centering both Jake and Rusty hasn't been paying attention. That goes for you also Sully. PLEASE TRY and pay attention.

I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you . . .

tenor.gif

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
A win thursday would be huge. We got to string a few together here especially against teams directly in our way in trying to make the post season.

Reactions: ncm7772 and Andy99

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Matheson being able to handle the puck and his speed is like having another Letang out there. People may not compute that, but it's the same without him having all the accolades and two top stars in front of him all those years.

I'd have both out there. Can certainly bring about reason to have two 1a PP's with who they have.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
That's the truth. And it's why GMR will be done the second Crosby returns. BUT, @reino is correct in saying 'hey why not see if Sid can do more with the left overs than Geno given how GMR played, because maybe the team overall would be better that way than the opposite'. And yes, I know this is a hypothetical thought exercise . . . :laugh:

I agree, Guentzel and Rust are better with Malkin than they ever were with Crosby. The entire team would benefit from it

Then you still have a really good RW in Kapanen to play with Sid

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I agree, Guentzel and Rust are better with Malkin than they ever were with Crosby. The entire team would benefit from it

Then you still have a really good RW in Kapanen to play with Sid
This is so obvious it's disgusting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad