Confirmed with Link: Jared Knight to wild for Zach Phillips

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
The eye test,you know, you watch a game and you think ,nah this guy doesn't have it.

I watch the Sunday afternoon games on Firstrow, I used to use wiziwig sometimes but they've shut it down. I didn't take notes as to the dates, I didn't think that would ever come into play.

Oh and I never meant to question your ability to spot a leopard so to speak , I'm just sayin I don't see what you see.

I understand the eye test but if you live in Canada and don't see him live, don't have AHL live (and even then its poor quality and a lot of rewinding) plus he never plays

Can't wait till Chiarelli is fired by Cam and Cassidy follows him out the door

Knight's problem was being a Murray and Sweeney guy and not having the foresight to enroll in Cassidy's hockey camp or be invited over the coaches house to eat cake and ice cream

What a fun time I had yesterday watching the game and going out to eat with friends who we figured to totalled over 100 years of Bruins season tickets - it sucked for me In that I wasn't the biggest insider worthy of AOF Bruins Insider Scout Badge but it was fun talking hockey and learning stuff being surrounded by a group who hate Cassidy as much as me

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I don't mean to pile on Knight, but here's an indication that his game needs lot more polish, Seth Griffith past over Knight twice on the London Knights and the Boston Bruins depth charts. That there should say it all about Jared Knight.

Hank like your nickname but your clueless here. Overall your pretty good though - solid B read

Hunter played Knight with the 'Twins' because he was defensively accountable and older

Love Seth- but Seth thinks offense and blows the zone faster than I did for Century House in the Thursday night beer league

Your to good a poster to not have facts

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
can anyone report on how phillips has played since the trade? looks like he has a few apples.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
can anyone report on how phillips has played since the trade? looks like he has a few apples.

Gorski went ( he of epic Mowers avatar) last night and texted me during the game and between all the Seinfeldian posts he said he was ok but tripped over the blue line once and fell on his ass- and can't believe the Bruins traded Knight for him:laugh: said noticeably slower than JK but my source (well one of them) said Cassidy will play this kid on every pp and shoot out and Gorski kind of backed it up

I kid u not

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Gorski went ( he of epic Mowers avatar) last night and texted me during the game and between all the Seinfeldian posts he said he was ok but tripped over the blue line once and fell on his ass- and can't believe the Bruins traded Knight for him:laugh: said noticeably slower than JK but my source (well one of them) said Cassidy will play this kid on every pp and shoot out and Gorski kind of backed it up

I kid u not

did murray K ask for this trade?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I understand the eye test but if you live in Canada and don't see him live, don't have AHL live (and even then its poor quality and a lot of rewinding) plus he never plays

Can't wait till Chiarelli is fired by Cam and Cassidy follows him out the door

Knight's problem was being a Murray and Sweeney guy and not having the foresight to enroll in Cassidy's hockey camp or be invited over the coaches house to eat cake and ice cream

What a fun time I had yesterday watching the game and going out to eat with friends who we figured to totalled over 100 years of Bruins season tickets - it sucked for me In that I wasn't the biggest insider worthy of AOF Bruins Insider Scout Badge but it was fun talking hockey and learning stuff being surrounded by a group who hate Cassidy as much as me

I admitted all that right from the start. It's a small sample size no doubt, but you have to be the most pro Knight guy in the world. Probably even more so than Knight himself:laugh:

I don't think Chia is going to get fired, Cassidy I don't follow close enough to have an opinion.

You have an awesome privilege.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I admitted all that right from the start. It's a small sample size no doubt, but you have to be the most pro Knight guy in the world. Probably even more so than Knight himself:laugh:

I don't think Chia is going to get fired, Cassidy I don't follow close enough to have an opinion.

You have an awesome privilege.

When we finish yoga we spend the last 5-10 minutes connecting with the One Universal Mind. It is their where I can connect with the Infinite Intelligence found in all of us and I keep getting the same answer every time- Cassidy screwed Knight over.

All kidding aside

I was actually going to move on and if enough want me to I will- I went 10 or so days not even with one Knight post but my buds both at home, work and some HF folks PM'd me and told me they liked it

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

I kid u not

Its no biggie.Neither player gonna be in show as impact players if they get there.

Duguay

Stay at home Forward
Mar 5, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
DKH has lots of passion, is a great Bruins fan and (I believe) knows this player on a personal level. I understand rooting for a player you have developed a relationship with. I too have done this in the past.

That aside, I am of the feeling that a trade like that should benefit both players and both franchises. If the players continue to struggle, this discussion is nothing more than a footnote.

There are countless Knights, Kalas's and Cam Mann's that pass through this game like ships in the (k)night.

No excuses - last chance kinda move. Best of luck to both of these young men in their careers.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
When we finish yoga we spend the last 5-10 minutes connecting with the One Universal Mind. It is their where I can connect with the Infinite Intelligence found in all of us and I keep getting the same answer every time- Cassidy screwed Knight over.

All kidding aside

I was actually going to move on and if enough want me to I will- I went 10 or so days not even with one Knight post but my buds both at home, work and some HF folks PM'd me and told me they liked it

This thread's for you. (you know, like a Bud)

http://www.hockeywilderness.com/201...roblems-the-wilds-acquisition-of-jared-knight

HanktheHammer*

Hank like your nickname but your clueless here. Overall your pretty good though - solid B read

Hunter played Knight with the 'Twins' because he was defensively accountable and older

Love Seth- but Seth thinks offense and blows the zone faster than I did for Century House in the Thursday night beer league

Your to good a poster to not have facts

I saw a lot of OHL action the last few years. I remember seeing a game with Griffith getting 1st line minutes and torching the Barrie Colts with a couple of goals while Knight was playing secondary line, mind he just came back from an injury. I kind of wondered why Knight wasn't playing a bigger scoring role for London. Did he peak too early on skill or leadership ability? I just thought it was rather peculiar with that situation.

Anyway when I saw Griffith, I wanted the Bruins to take him at the draft and lo and behold the Bruins drafted him with the pick for Benoit Pouliet trade. I thought he was a good pick at that selected spot and still do. Seth has been in the "show" while Knight hasn't gotten a taste of big league action.

I like reading your posts. You are spot on your analysis. But that is what I saw on Knight as a junior. I hope he pulls a Dubnyk in Minnesota. I wish him the best of luck, but not against the Bruins.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
agreed, ignore is an option for the ignorant.

or those who`d rather eliminate the nonsensical posters;)

I`m a massive fan of the ignore feature, am I ignorant? Could care less, been called far worse. I like my sanity, and when there`s a poster out there who`s offerings I can`t stomach reading or he/she is offering nothing to a conversation or debate, I use the feature. I`m quite sure I`m on more than one posters list under the ignore feature

I`ve had many disagreements here with posters who I very much enjoy reading, but I haven`t put them on ignore because of the fact that in spite of our differences of opinions, they present their side of a discussion in a way that shows they have at least put some thought into their post while others.......

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
or those who`d rather eliminate the nonsensical posters;)

I`m a massive fan of the ignore feature, am I ignorant? Could care less, been called far worse. I like my sanity, and when there`s a poster out there who`s offerings I can`t stomach reading or he/she is offering nothing to a conversation or debate, I use the feature. I`m quite sure I`m on more than one posters list under the ignore feature

I`ve had many disagreements here with posters who I very much enjoy reading, but I haven`t put them on ignore because of the fact that in spite of our differences of opinions, they present their side of a discussion in a way that shows they have at least put some thought into their post while others.......

So, you do care :laugh:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I'm still going by a combo of personal observation and inside info on him. My track record of assessing players although not perfect is excellent so if I miss on Knight it will be the exception not the norm.

Cassidy has no control over Knight now and now we will find out what we have.

Hasn't Cassidy's 15 minutes run out yet? Not that he's pushed Knight out of the Bruin's system he's going to have to watch the remainder of his young-uns closely to pick a new whipping boy. The P. Bruins should be a true juggernaut going forward now that Cassidy has ridden out the one guy who was holding them back.:sarcasm:

today is the Anniversary of Mike Collins coming off the Merrimack Campus and right into the penalty kill.... rumor has it that Cassidy mixed up his first name and thought he played at Lowell:laugh: but hey, put him in the penalty killing mix

that right there is all you need to know about Cassidy;)

:nod:

So, you do care :laugh:

Conversely, yes.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Hasn't Cassidy's 15 minutes run out yet? Not that he's pushed Knight out of the Bruin's system he's going to have to watch the remainder of his young-uns closely to pick a new whipping boy. The P. Bruins should be a true juggernaut going forward now that Cassidy has ridden out the one guy who was holding them back.:sarcasm:

No need to look, hear he already has a new whipping boy in Camara. Also hear that Knight is happy and doing well with the Wild. It's just unfortunate that it had to come to that. Teams should strive towards fully developing the prospects that they placed time and effort in and used draft picks on.

Foreign concept for some?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Phillips has 5 pts in 6 games...

Knight happy with the Wild, playing well and already getting time on the PK...

Everybody should be happy.

How many secondary assist does Knight have? :laugh:

Can't wait for the excuses to flow wen Knight returns to his old self.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
How many secondary assist does Knight have? :laugh:

Can't wait for the excuses to flow wen Knight returns to his old self.

Ah, the noted Knight "expert" weighs in. Funny part is that you probably couldn't pick the guy out of a lineup if he assaulted you :laugh:

Knight (from what I saw) in three games, has one primary assist, should have had another in the next game, and also had a quick whistle erase a goal against San Antonio. Regardless, he's getting regular minutes and now time on the PK, so it's all good.

When you say "return to his former self", do you mean the kid that was an integral part of London, was utilized on the PP, PK, in the SO and was trusted to play with younger players by the coaches...or the guy in PRO, who never got those opportunities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad