Confirmed with Link: Jared Knight to wild for Zach Phillips

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
or those who`d rather eliminate the nonsensical posters;)

I`m a massive fan of the ignore feature, am I ignorant? Could care less, been called far worse. I like my sanity, and when there`s a poster out there who`s offerings I can`t stomach reading or he/she is offering nothing to a conversation or debate, I use the feature. I`m quite sure I`m on more than one posters list under the ignore feature

I`ve had many disagreements here with posters who I very much enjoy reading, but I haven`t put them on ignore because of the fact that in spite of our differences of opinions, they present their side of a discussion in a way that shows they have at least put some thought into their post while others.......

Careful, someone may start a poll.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Both players stink and will be lucky to get a sniff at the NHL level.

How did you arrive at this? Now that BBB24 gave his resume to a post to add credibility to his point I need to know if I should take the 'stink & sniff' (sounds like a dog park) comment seriously

I think I have forgotten more than you know but if you can impress me I'm willing to admit I was wrong but I need more

And as for Knight I only react now- not act. So any Knight posting is strictly in a defensive not proactive stand. I enjoy it to you can only come here a scream the Bruins World is coming to an end.

I like Knight but I also like reading all the 'insight':laugh:

Last edited:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
or those who`d rather eliminate the nonsensical posters;)

I`m a massive fan of the ignore feature, am I ignorant? Could care less, been called far worse. I like my sanity, and when there`s a poster out there who`s offerings I can`t stomach reading or he/she is offering nothing to a conversation or debate, I use the feature. I`m quite sure I`m on more than one posters list under the ignore feature

I`ve had many disagreements here with posters who I very much enjoy reading, but I haven`t put them on ignore because of the fact that in spite of our differences of opinions, they present their side of a discussion in a way that shows they have at least put some thought into their post while others.......

For the record , you are not ignorant.

Didn't mean no offence there Odaat, my wording was pretty strong I guess . What I was trying to say was what the poster I answered to was saying. I never use the option, I find every opinion valid as unfounded as some may be. Some posters are better than others but everyone offers something good sooner or later. Something I can agree with. Sure there are some posters that annoy but when I find one of those posts it better be short or I stop reading, I guess that's my own ignore option.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Ah, the noted Knight "expert" weighs in. Funny part is that you probably couldn't pick the guy out of a lineup if he assaulted you :laugh:

Knight (from what I saw) in three games, has one primary assist, should have had another in the next game, and also had a quick whistle erase a goal against San Antonio. Regardless, he's getting regular minutes and now time on the PK, so it's all good.

When you say "return to his former self", do you mean the kid that was an integral part of London, was utilized on the PP, PK, in the SO and was trusted to play with younger players by the coaches...or the guy in PRO, who never got those opportunities?

Aww didn't want to hurt your feelings.

But seriously... I'm talking about the one who never took advantage of his opportunities and always had a few groupies to manufacture excuses for him.;)

Players with character always take advantage of opportunities.

The others... They waste time trying to have things handed to them.

Last edited:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I don't know why 16 days after the fact this discussion is still ongoing.

We can discuss Phillips in the Providence thread or open up a "Player Discussion" thread on Phillips so we who can't be there can can some real feedback.

Knight is gone. Was one of my favorites. Too bad. I can keep up with how he's doing by other means. Don't need to read about it on a Bruins board where I'm trying to get good info on Phillips.

/End rant
/Please end thread.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

We can discuss Phillips in the Providence thread or open up a "Player Discussion" thread on Phillips so we who can't be there can can some real feedback.

Knight is gone. Was one of my favorites. Too bad. I can keep up with how he's doing by other means. Don't need to read about it on a Bruins board where I'm trying to get good info on Phillips.

/End rant
/Please end thread.

I'm just hear to react

again, if no one has any comments this thread will be on page 10 by June but I know there are to many who just cant resist.

you wont catch me talking about Knight on Providence thread anymore and if no one has any dumb ass comments here to post I wont be reacting and policing this thread to keep the quality up. (its not easy but luckily I am up for the task)

Last edited:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I've seen Phillips a handful of times live in St. Paul, as well as a couple odd streamed Iowa games. I think Phillips' potential rests on his skating. If he overcomes that one hurdle, he'll be an NHLer. He's got excellent hands and offensive awareness, but his skating (speed & technique) NEED to improve if he's to have any success. Some of the best skating coaches live in Minnesota, so I'd imagine the Wild's management had Phillips enrolled in some type of program... Alas, I didn't notice any improvements over the couple years he was our prospect.

Wish him the best of luck, and I hope he finds success. He definitely has top-6 NHL potential IMO.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

/End rant
/Please end thread.

If people are still arguing about it, why close the thread? So it can spill over into the PRO thread, which should be used for relevant PB's discussion?

Back in the day, almost every major city had a "red light" district. The reason these areas were allowed to stay open was for one reason, so the cops knew where al the bad stuff was going on. Leave this open so all the hating and bickering stays here.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I've seen Phillips a handful of times live in St. Paul, as well as a couple odd streamed Iowa games. I think Phillips' potential rests on his skating. If he overcomes that one hurdle, he'll be an NHLer. He's got excellent hands and offensive awareness, but his skating (speed & technique) NEED to improve if he's to have any success. Some of the best skating coaches live in Minnesota, so I'd imagine the Wild's management had Phillips enrolled in some type of program... Alas, I didn't notice any improvements over the couple years he was our prospect.

Wish him the best of luck, and I hope he finds success. He definitely has top-6 NHL potential IMO.

Thank you for the information, although you would probably be better served copying and pasting it into the B's Prospects or Providence thread.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Aww didn't want to hurt your feelings.

But seriously... I'm talking about the one who never took advantage of his opportunities and always had a few groupies to manufacture excuses for him.;)

Players with character always take advantage of opportunities.

The others... They waste time trying to have things handed to them.

When did he have these opportunities?

Seems odd to me that an organization would allow a minor league coach to play ECHL refugees over a former 2nd rd pick. Sounds like said coach had a major gripe and or bias against the player .

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
When did he have these opportunities?

Seems odd to me that an organization would allow a minor league coach to play ECHL refugees over a former 2nd rd pick. Sounds like said coach had a major gripe and or bias against the player .

I'll answer that with this question:

Why is Krug picked in the shootout over say Pastrnak?

Let me help you:

Maybe because he showed in practice he was better then Pastrnak?

"Practice like you play, play like you practice."

I was a huge Knight fan before most people knew he even existed. I still am. Hope he makes it and does well. That's where it ends for me. He's no longer a Bruin and we got a return for him. As a Bruin fan, I'd like to hear how that return is doing for us rather then how Knight is doing for the Wild.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
I'll answer that with this question:

Why is Krug picked in the shootout over say Pastrnak?

Let me help you:

Maybe because he showed in practice he was better then Pastrnak?

"Practice like you play, play like you practice."

I was a huge Knight fan before most people knew he even existed. I still am. Hope he makes it and does well. That's where it ends for me. He's no longer a Bruin and we got a return for him. As a Bruin fan, I'd like to hear how that return is doing for us rather then how Knight is doing for the Wild.

Makes a lot of sense. That's the vibe I get from other insiders who weren't blinded by Knight's potential. Thanks Dom.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
So, Knight doesn't practice hard?

That's the first time I have heard that. Thought one of his big strengths was his motor/work ethic? If Knight was dogging it in practice, he shouldn't be playing, but was that really the case?

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can

That's the first time I have heard that. Thought one of his big strengths was his motor/work ethic? If Knight was dogging it in practice, he shouldn't be playing, but was that really the case?

He had an opportunity and he didn't take full advantage of it for whatever reason. Its on him. Tired of all the excuses. More believable it was Knight and not the entire Bruin organization that messed up.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Makes a lot of sense. That's the vibe I get from other insiders who weren't blinded by Knight's potential. Thanks Dom.

WARNING, WIL ROBINSON, WARNING!!!!!

so Dom says Knight doesnt practice hard. case closed.

never heard that but I'm blinded by him

I will continue to defend and go at it with all of you in a reactionary post of course

Last edited:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

I'm asking you because I don't have the luxury of going to Providence practices like you folks do.

And did I say he was dogging it? Maybe someone else showed they were better in certain situations? Again, I am not at their practices, that's why my response was phrased as a question and I submitted a possibility with that question.

I will say this, I have been to a number of London Knight practices over the years. What I saw then is irrelevant to today as things can change.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I am not at the Providence practices, so I wouldn't know.

Answer me this though...

When Knight was in PRO, he or a guy like Camara had a turnover or a penalty, the line would sit for the period, maybe even the game. The other night, Cherniwchan gets not one, but two penalties late in periods one and two, yet he's out there early in the third and gets a goal.

Such patience for one player, but not the same set of standards for others?

Odd...unless coaches have guys they like and guys they don't like, but that never happens :laugh:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I am not at the Providence practices, so I wouldn't know.

Answer me this though...

When Knight was in PRO, he or a guy like Camara had a turnover or a penalty, the line would sit for the period, maybe even the game. The other night, Cherniwchan gets not one, but two penalties late in periods one and two, yet he's out there early in the third and gets a goal.

Such patience for one player, but not the same set of standards for others?

Odd...unless coaches have guys they like and guys they don't like, but that never happens :laugh:

Camara is already being joked about on the team as 'the next guy' and he knows it
and knows Sweeney cant help him

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I'm asking you because I don't have the luxury of going to Providence practices like you folks do.

And did I say he was dogging it? Maybe someone else showed they were better in certain situations? Again, I am not at their practices, that's why my response was phrased as a question and I submitted a possibility with that question.

I will say this, I have been to a number of London Knight practices over the years. What I saw then is irrelevant to today as things can change.

As I said to Shoe, not at PRO practices, so I wouldn't know, but my experience with players is that they don't change much as far as work ethic goes. The ones that practice hard, usually play hard. I find it hard to believe that a kid who didn't get invited to the combine, so he made his own video, and a kid that spent as much time training as Knight did, dogged it in practice.

I will say that I have sat and watched games at all levels with knowledgable hockey fans and had completely different opinions about the same guy in the same game. Coaches look at players and have the guys they like...Knight (for whatever reason), was definitely not one of Cassidy's "guys".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad